“Not worth it” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Hotel and Conference Center

You added Crown Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Crown Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11320 Chester Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly CoCo Key Water Resort)   |
Special Rate
N.Y. Eve Super Splash
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I went in expecting this hotel to be a basic hotel with hopes it would be better since it is attached to water park and a large conference center. It was basic but out dated. This place may have been great 10-15 years ago. The bathrooms were badly in need of repairs, the beds are doubles (not queens), the breakfast closed at 8:50am, the hotel indoor pool was out of order as they stated the heater in there is not working and maintenance workers were at their other hotel, and one of the elevators would not go to the fourth floor. The front desk staff had no clue what they were doing or the times of any of the services. They told us at check in the water park closed at 8pm but we were kicked out at 7pm. They told us breakfast was from 6-10am but we arrived at 850am and they were already closed and young kids were walking out and told us they were told they had to leave as they were closing. They provided wrong wi-if password and four calls to front desk later we received correct one.
I would recommend not staying at this hotel. If you are coming for the water park then stay next door at one of the different hotels and buy water park passes separate as it is the same price and I'm sure the service will be better.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Worthington, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was at first what I expected it to be- basic. The room that I stayed in was nice and I could tell it had recently been renovated. However, I was very disgusted when I walked into my bathroom and found a used, dirty washcloth hanging from the shower rod. My boyfriend called the front desk and asked to speak with a manager. The manager told him he would check with housekeeping to "see what the heck was going on" and call us back. We never received a call back.. We were considering a second night but totally changed our minds when we found the dirty washcloth and were treated poorly.
The wifi never worked on my Iphone. The pool was under maintenance, which would have been nice to know before booking. The woman working the front desk couldn't answer any of the questions we asked about the hotel/ area.. Also, when we were going to check out, the elevator didn't work and we were on the 10th floor.
I would have considered staying here again based on the room itself, but after finding the washcloths and all the events following that, I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Knox, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is dirty. Seriously unclean. It appears to have received a new coat of paint and updated decor sometime in the past decade. However the housekeeping staff has not kept it looking nice. Our room reeks of mold. Also, the walls are paper thin. I could hear EVERYTHING the people in the next room were doing - and could my 10 year old. There is an attached water park. We didn't visit it. Also, there is an indoor pool - which we would have used, however the water and the room it is in are freezing!! The food is mediocre at best. No room service. Also, no in-room movies and approximately 10 TV channels. Also missing some other things you would expect in a hotel, such as a hair dryer or an extra toilet paper. I knew this place would be basic, but I am overall unimpressed. There was decent wifi however it kept disconnecting.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Julius w, General Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us and your comments. I am wondering if you have us mistaken with another hotel. Our hotel has been renovated and if you look at our reviews you will see that we work hard on cleanliness. Our hotel was built in the 80's and all our our walls are solid concrete. We do have and indoor pool and a seasonal outdoor pool and they are kept at 84 degrees.

As of this time we only have a lounge on the property, as our new restaurant does not open until January 1, 2015 so we do not have food service or room service yet. All of our rooms have hair dryers, unfortunately we hang them in a bag in the closet.

We do appreciate your comments, and if somehow this was our property we are deeply sorry as this is not the standard we set and try to deliver to our guest.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

VASTLY IMPROVED.. I stayed at the Hotel just over a year ago. I had an average experience. It seemed there was a change and confusion from a previous stay.

However, when I stayed there recently, the service and amenities had improved 1000%. I like this hotel for companies business. It's convenient and has all the amenities we need.

Keep up the good work, your heading in the right direction! I will have my employees give ratings also a we had 80 of us stay there for our recent event.

Room Tip: Out of all of our employees, they said none of them had a "Bad" room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
holtginger, General Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us and for your wonderful comments. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our awesome staff, clean hotel, nice pool, and exceptional food! we have a new team in place and are really encouraged by the results we are seeing.

We are located next door to the best water park in the Midwest and we will be sure to thank them for you.

We do appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you are in our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

My wife and I visited here just recently and we loved it. It was quiet and romantic and we loved it. The staff was very attentive and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We loved the on-site water park, it was very fun, even for adults. The hotel was a great value for the incredible rooms we had. We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Julius w, General Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us and for your wonderful comments/feedback! We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our awesome staff, clean hotel, nice pool, and exceptional food!

Saint Clairsville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

My wife and I arrived with our two kids, ages 8 and 10. We thoroughly enjoyed the rooms and the water park. The staff was very accommodating. Furthermore, the rooms are very incredibly clean and the beds were so comfortable that we almost missed our flight home lol. But this hotel was one of the best hotels I have ever visited and will definitely return. I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for your wonderful comments. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our awesome staff, clean hotel, nice pool, and exceptional food! We are working hard to become the Number One Service hotel in the city.

Granville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

This hotel is phenomenal! Facilities and service were faultless. The water park was clean and very enjoyable! I would with out a doubt recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a comfortable and pleasurable stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

We do appreciate your comments and hope to become your home away from home when in our area.

Been to Crown Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!