“Worst stay we ever experienced!! Be aware...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of CoCo Key Water Resort

Save Saved
You added CoCo Key Water Resort to your Saves list
CoCo Key Water Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11320 Chester Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly Radisson Cincinnati North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #35 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Worst stay we ever experienced!! Be aware...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We travel a lot with our children for athletic tournaments. This was the worst stay we ever had. The customer service was terrible!! No one knew what they were talking about at the front desk. We stayed for a tournament and we asked the front about the cancellation policy if our child did not make it to the championship, would we be charged, etc. We received 4 different answers on this. Not only were we given different answers, when we got home, the resort charged our bank at least 5 different charges, only 1 of them being the correct charge for the 2 nights we stayed. We have had several different charges each day, starting July 5, and today is July 10th. It has been a nightmare. Everytime we call the hotel, they tell us to talk to a manager, we have left several messages, with no call back. Disgusting and poorly run!! The only good thing out of this trip was the location of the hotel....Be aware!! Watch your credit cards and bank!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Stryker, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all, Cincinnati has to be one of the most horrible cities in the USA. Dirty, constant road work, run down ... The roads in front of this "resort" are all torn up. And, if first impressions mean anything, this one was screaming for us to move on along. However, we stayed because reservations had been made, we had been on the road a long time, and the kids were ready for the water park.

The outdoor property is run down. Weeds are growing up around the building, the parking lot is in the same disrepair as the city streets, and faintly marked.

The lobby was nice enough. However, the hotel seems to be run by people of eastern descent. That's fine ... however, please learn the language so that you can PLEASANTLY and adequately communicate with the guests. The young lady who checked me in was very hard to understand, never smiled, and not very helpful because of the communication barrier.

Rooms looked nice at first glance. However, upon closer examination, the white bed spread had a stain, carpets seem old and faded throughout the facility, and there is an odd smell that I cannot distinguish.

The water park resort is really nice and my kids had a great time with it. If for no other reason, I'm glad we stayed. However, one night with 4 passes was $220. I thought that was ridiculous, considering the condition of the facility.

When booking the hotel, the times for the water park are different on the hotel reservation page than they are on the CoCo Key page. If we had known that, we would have planned to be here sooner for the water park.

This was a one-time event. It will NOT be repeated. And, I would steer anyone I knew away from this place.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
Wadsworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Big kudos to Lifeguard Eric. My kids thought he was so super nice. He joked with them every time they went down the slides and even poured water on their heads - which they thought was fantastic! During our 2 day stay he was full of smiles the entire time. Way to go Eric, you made a difference with my kids during our stay. Thank you!

Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Don't stay here. Indifferent staff. Restaurant and bar closed. Fitness center 90+ degrees air conditioning inoperable. Will NEVER EVER patronize this hotel again. Guest rooms didn't have towels or toilet paper. Woeful internet access.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have to admit I was worried after I read the reviews, but the location was convenient to Kings Island, Downtown, Full Throttle Karting and Jungle Jim's so we went for it.

Upon arrival our reservation was messed up. It was for 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child-12). We showed up and it was 1 King Bed... Really????? My husband and I are tall and double beds are not long enough, so what did they do to make the small room correction?... They put us in a room with 2 double beds. It was NOT okay. They didn't do anything to fix that part at all. So when we checked in to the room it was absolutely freezing and our thermostat did not allow us to stop the air conditioning from blowing and freezing us. It was cold and LOUD. The room didn't smell very good and we found hair and mold.

To make matters worse the toilet was leaking and wouldn't flush. We called down to the front desk and advised them the "TOILET was broken". They sent up 2 towels... Really? How does the "toilet is broken" equate to "2 towels please".....

We inquired about pricing for the water park and the hours. The person at the front desk said we don't have rates or hours you will have to check with them. So we walked over to the water park and asked for pricing. The gal said it was $25 for the entire day or $20 for the last 4 hours. Next time we want a water park resort, we'll stick with Great Wolf. This was a total mistake. Then we were told that we had to pay just to go in and look around... Really? So we left. We forgot to check the hours on the wall while we were there. We went back by that evening later and noticed that the hours are NOT posted on the outside any place. So, I looked it up online, but it seems it would make far more sense to post the hours at the entrances for those walking by or driving up, but guess not. That would be customer friendly and this place was totally unfriendly. I found pricing online for 12.99 for adults for the full day, but of course, NOBODY at the hotel or water park suggested that I look online. This place was not worth the rate we paid NOR would the water park had been worth $25. NOT when you can go to Soak City and Kings Island for 34.00 and this is definitely NO Great Wolf or Soak City.

There was NO place in the hotel to eat if you have a wheat allergy. The hamburger at the Tradwinds restaurant even has wheat filler in it. How about using a decent grade of meat that would not have all the artificial fillers. I get that it might cut your profit just a hair, but to have a child that is really hungry and to not be able to find anything other than candy to eat at a hotel is disappointing at best. Thank goodness Kroger was fairly close and we could go buy a few things.

When we went to check out, my 12 year old son walked up to the counter to give them the money and the keys. My son laid the keys on the counter with the gentleman looking right at him and the employee just stood there staring at my son. Wasn't it obvious he was turning the keys in. How about a greeting? How are you, how can I help you.. or something. Instead the guy just stood there staring at our son. I finally walked up and said those are the keys for our room (number) and asked for a receipt to show the bill was paid in full. He just looked at me and did it, but was NOT friendly at all.

When you check in you don't get ANY information about when the restaurant serves breakfast (which is between 9-12 a person) without any thing someone with Celiac disease can eat. Very sad for a hotel/waterpark that caters to families and kids. Bring your own food or go out the entire time you are there.

I tried to contact the hotel ahead of time to find out all these things and they did not respond or did not have any information for me. They said you can ask the chef when you get here. Uh no I'm traveling with a child with Celiac, I need to know ahead of time, so I can pack what I need to.

Very sad excuse for a supposed 3.5 star hotel.

I called before we left to ask about pools as well and they told me they had an indoor and outdoor pool. I called on Wednesday night and we arrived on Thursday. I was told by a maintenance guy outside when I went to look at the pool that it had not been opened for the season yet. I wanted an outdoor pool and that was part of the reason for booking this hotel, so why didn't someone tell me that when I called?

The business center had a printer where you can print your water park tickets after purchase, but guess what the DRUM needs replaced, so it didn't work at all?????? Like they didn't know that after they told me I could print them there. I had my phone, so just took it in the water park with me (which I didn't want to do), but had to do to show them the confirmation.

I am sure the hotel is making money hand over fist, since they definitely don't do ANYTHING for FREE including CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels across the country and have stayed in 2 star hotels that FAR exceeded this hotel. Very sad. I am not that hard to make happy, but this hotel was definitely NOT up to par. I am surprised that Radisson or Crowne Plaza or whoever, doesn't have something to say about the way this place is run. NONE of the employees seemed to give two hoots about anything.

The employees at the water park were just standing around and letting the kids run, stand in very long lines because they weren't managing the lines (they had kids in line waiting for slides when NOBODY was coming down). When I went up there to look, the employee was leaning against the middle slide doing NOTHING, so I waved a few kids up and he still didn't say anything. I put them on the slide and down they went. Really? Why is this guy working there? Get someone with a bit of energy and the ability to help kids get in their rafts and go down the slides. Ridiculous.......

They also don't police the hot tub. It specifically says NOBODY under the age of 16 allowed in this area. The kids weren't reading the signs, parents weren't watching their kids and the employees didn't make them get out. I wanted to get away from the screaming, so was trying to relax outside in the hot tub and there was a group of about 8 kids that were splashing, screaming and being totally obnoxious, but of course, none of the employees took care of it.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Do not stay here !!!! One of the worse experiences I have ever had in a hotel.
Filthy room......musty and smelled like urine.
Elevator door opened and was filled with garbage like a service elevator....awful !!
Can not wait for morning....awful !!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lorain, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is in transition from a Radisson to a private owner hotel. The hotel is run down, dirty and in need of an upgrade. The elevator foor frames were being held on with Duct tape. The outdoor pool was not open the first week of June. The indoor pool was cold and dirty. There are no laundry facilities on property. The Staff was very difficult to work with and many did not speak the English language well. Being with a goup we were to be provided each day with a breakfast. This breakfast was served in a large conference room buffet style. The menu was the same each day and much of the food was returned from the previous day and always cold. Terrible. We ended up leaving the facility to get breakfast. The outdoor grounds are weed infested and run down. The attached water park is no better, but we will leave that for another day. I highly reccomend staying away from this property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to CoCo Key Water Resort? Share your experiences!