“Pleasant family reunion” 3 of 5 stars
Review of CoCo Key Water Resort

Save Saved
You added CoCo Key Water Resort to your Saves list
CoCo Key Water Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11320 Chester Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly Radisson Cincinnati North)   |
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Pleasant family reunion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms were pleasant. The pull out sofas came handy. The food that was catered was very tasty for the dinner and it was more than enough. The breakfast was ok. it was the same though from previous day but it was good. The beds were also comfortable. My family and I stayed there Two nights and I recommend this hotel for families. The pool inside was a plus considering the rain that poured Saturday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear 5Kennetha,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so pleased that your enjoyed your over-all stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chincoteague, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

What can I say? Well starting at the odd behavior of the young lady doing the check in, not quite polished and welcoming but I guess doing her best. Where we parked turned out to be a long way from the actual hotel tower, seems like the front desk is a long way from the tower and there are no good parking options.
There was no question the air conditioner worked, it would warm up like a locomotive, but it did give nice cool air. The sheets and bedding seemed to be of good quality, and the beds were clean (we checked out of fear from our trip through the place), but neither the bed nor coverings were especially comfortable, but at least they seemed clean.
The pool? dirty, even had a chair sunk in the deep end.
Was not the worst I have stayed at, but we really expected better from a crowne plaza

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Tim M,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

this is fifth or more time I am staying at this proprty. Main reason is the fact that it is close to the businesses I need to visit. Hotel was refurbished some time ago, but still looks very average. cheap materials used for the refurbish, tired staff and the noisy pool resort attached would not make this my number one to go place when staying for leisure.

Room Tip: choose the high floor rooms in the tower, avoid the pool rooms close to the interstate
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear pomoromo,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Janice A
Athens, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was absolutely the worst hotel stay of my life!! I should have known it was going to be a bad trip when I called to inform the front desk that my family and I would be arriving late (after 10). When I called the front desk, the employee asked me “what do you want”. That was a bad sign. However, when we arrived and checked into our room we were greeted with a tub full of dog hair. They switched our room. This room was even worse than the first. This tub had chipped paint all throughout and in the drawers we found panties, bras, pretzels, and books. We were so disgusted.
The next morning at 10:00am, I called the front desk to ask for the manager, Mr. Albert Bashair and I was able to talk to him. He asked if he could come see my room and I gladly said yes. However, he did not show up until after 1:00pm. It was during this time that we realized that my husband’s wallet was missing!! He had left it in the original room. However, when we went back the wallet was not there and housekeeping had no record of finding it.
After talking to Mr. Bashair, he only wanted to offer food for our inconvenience and disgust. We called the police to report the wallet missing and to make a long story short after two of the housekeeping workers were interviewed by the police, my husband’s wallet was returned to the night shift worker. That morning Mr. Bashair told us he was glad we were checking out.

And also the beds were as hard as bricks!!!
This was absolutely the worst trip ever!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear sibharv,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Cincinnati.

Orlando A.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Filthy, no maid service at all the first night. Room wasn't cleaned the second night either. Finally the 3rd night we were given a clean room at midnight. The joke of a general manager tried to make good with dinner and open bar but my husband never got his meal because the chef closed the kitchen. I had my dinner and the bartender had to make my husband a ham sandwich on toast and couldn't even come up with tomatoe. The only thing acceptable about the whole putrid mess was the front desk staff. They were great but were horribly embarassed.
Crowne Plaza corporate office later did the right thing by refunding our stay. The corporate office stood behind their values. The owner better open his eyes to the joke of a general manager that he has working for him or he is going to go broke. DISCUSTING WAY TO SPEND A HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!! Don't and I mean Don't waste your time or money!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear eevans555,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I got to this hotel on a Monday afternoon around 6PM I was a little concerned because the main parking lot was empty, all it was missing was tumbleweeds rolling across the lot. The grass in the parking lot was very high, I mean in feet not like it missed a mowing. Turns out there is construction going on, and so the parking lot is a mess. One night I received a letter under the door saying there would not be any water from afternoon until 3AM the next morning, but they did manage to get the water on early, unfortunately that sat off the fire alarm after many people were asleep. None of that was he hotels fault.

the one thing that was the fault of the hotel was the bad service in the restaurant. You wouldn't be able to get a server's attention with a flare gun in this place. They just didnt seem to have anyone working. The bar was okay, but they were training someone new, so we were all very understanding about that.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear GraciesDad,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We appreciate you taking the time to help us continually improve our guests services.

I am sorry to hear your poor experience and service issues in our restaurant. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you and for any negative impressions you may have had.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed for seven days to attend the Western and Southern Open tennis tournament. I booked through Priceline and got a very good price. I would NOT have been happy if I had paid more for the room. The room itself was okay. The bed (king size) was comfortable. The bathroom was very small. The door hit the floor and made a loud noise every time it was opened. There was a big gap around the shower head.

The parking lot was horrendous. The very small lot directly in front of the hotel was always full and the side lot was completely dark and had HUGE potholes. I was not comfortable walking back to the hotel at night.

The staff at check-in was not friendly at all and the hotel staff (excluding housekeeping) never spoke to or acknowledged me the entire time I was there. However, my husband joined me for two days and was greeted by passing staff every time they passed him.

I feel that the staff really frowns upon Priceline guests, and I did not appreciate being treated like a squatter when I was there for seven days. Priceline advertised this hotel as a 3.5 star and it was a 2 at best, Priceline should reconsider their contract with this hotel; the hotel doesn't seem to want or appreciate Priceline guests, I would not stay there again,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear FFM9,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the issues you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Been to CoCo Key Water Resort? Share your experiences!