“still very average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Hotel and Conference Center

You added Crown Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Crown Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11320 Chester Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly CoCo Key Water Resort)   |
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Berlin, Germany
“still very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

this is fifth or more time I am staying at this proprty. Main reason is the fact that it is close to the businesses I need to visit. Hotel was refurbished some time ago, but still looks very average. cheap materials used for the refurbish, tired staff and the noisy pool resort attached would not make this my number one to go place when staying for leisure.

Room Tip: choose the high floor rooms in the tower, avoid the pool rooms close to the interstate
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear pomoromo,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Athens, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was absolutely the worst hotel stay of my life!! I should have known it was going to be a bad trip when I called to inform the front desk that my family and I would be arriving late (after 10). When I called the front desk, the employee asked me “what do you want”. That was a bad sign. However, when we arrived and checked into our room we were greeted with a tub full of dog hair. They switched our room. This room was even worse than the first. This tub had chipped paint all throughout and in the drawers we found panties, bras, pretzels, and books. We were so disgusted.
The next morning at 10:00am, I called the front desk to ask for the manager, Mr. Albert Bashair and I was able to talk to him. He asked if he could come see my room and I gladly said yes. However, he did not show up until after 1:00pm. It was during this time that we realized that my husband’s wallet was missing!! He had left it in the original room. However, when we went back the wallet was not there and housekeeping had no record of finding it.
After talking to Mr. Bashair, he only wanted to offer food for our inconvenience and disgust. We called the police to report the wallet missing and to make a long story short after two of the housekeeping workers were interviewed by the police, my husband’s wallet was returned to the night shift worker. That morning Mr. Bashair told us he was glad we were checking out.

And also the beds were as hard as bricks!!!
This was absolutely the worst trip ever!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear sibharv,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Cincinnati.

Orlando A.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Filthy, no maid service at all the first night. Room wasn't cleaned the second night either. Finally the 3rd night we were given a clean room at midnight. The joke of a general manager tried to make good with dinner and open bar but my husband never got his meal because the chef closed the kitchen. I had my dinner and the bartender had to make my husband a ham sandwich on toast and couldn't even come up with tomatoe. The only thing acceptable about the whole putrid mess was the front desk staff. They were great but were horribly embarassed.
Crowne Plaza corporate office later did the right thing by refunding our stay. The corporate office stood behind their values. The owner better open his eyes to the joke of a general manager that he has working for him or he is going to go broke. DISCUSTING WAY TO SPEND A HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!! Don't and I mean Don't waste your time or money!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear eevans555,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I got to this hotel on a Monday afternoon around 6PM I was a little concerned because the main parking lot was empty, all it was missing was tumbleweeds rolling across the lot. The grass in the parking lot was very high, I mean in feet not like it missed a mowing. Turns out there is construction going on, and so the parking lot is a mess. One night I received a letter under the door saying there would not be any water from afternoon until 3AM the next morning, but they did manage to get the water on early, unfortunately that sat off the fire alarm after many people were asleep. None of that was he hotels fault.

the one thing that was the fault of the hotel was the bad service in the restaurant. You wouldn't be able to get a server's attention with a flare gun in this place. They just didnt seem to have anyone working. The bar was okay, but they were training someone new, so we were all very understanding about that.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear GraciesDad,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We appreciate you taking the time to help us continually improve our guests services.

I am sorry to hear your poor experience and service issues in our restaurant. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you and for any negative impressions you may have had.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed for seven days to attend the Western and Southern Open tennis tournament. I booked through Priceline and got a very good price. I would NOT have been happy if I had paid more for the room. The room itself was okay. The bed (king size) was comfortable. The bathroom was very small. The door hit the floor and made a loud noise every time it was opened. There was a big gap around the shower head.

The parking lot was horrendous. The very small lot directly in front of the hotel was always full and the side lot was completely dark and had HUGE potholes. I was not comfortable walking back to the hotel at night.

The staff at check-in was not friendly at all and the hotel staff (excluding housekeeping) never spoke to or acknowledged me the entire time I was there. However, my husband joined me for two days and was greeted by passing staff every time they passed him.

I feel that the staff really frowns upon Priceline guests, and I did not appreciate being treated like a squatter when I was there for seven days. Priceline advertised this hotel as a 3.5 star and it was a 2 at best, Priceline should reconsider their contract with this hotel; the hotel doesn't seem to want or appreciate Priceline guests, I would not stay there again,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear FFM9,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the issues you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

First impression, a parking lot that sorely needed repaving.
Next impression, carpets and walls that needed painting and replacing.
Then, in morning, no hair dryer in the room. We called the front desk twice; it was never delivered. i also went to the front desk personally; no dryer. When we checked out, I asked the front desk clerk to describe the situation to the manager, and to have him call me. He never did.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Joe B,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and regret our parking lot, room amenities and staff service did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Again, thank you for your review. hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
SAN DIEGO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Overbooked - Turned away late at night – 8-13-13
Had a two hour delay on our connecting flight and ended up arriving the hotel at 1AM only to find that our three rooms had been given away (even though they were prepaid on Hotwire) They claimed they were overbooked and that they had no info to contact us (not so according to Hotels.com) They booked us at the Travellodge instead and we found out that they paid a rate of $69, much less than we paid for the Crown Plaza. The night manager (Matt Schaeffer) said the GM (Albert Bashir) only authorized for the travellodge to put the overbooked guests into. Did not get to bed at the much lower quality Travelodge until after 2.30 and had to get up early for meetings. Overall a very unpleasant experience. Hotels.com already reimbursed our company however I am writing this review to voice my extreme dissatisfaction and to help prevent this amazingly poor customer service happening to others

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear CIARAN71,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and surpass the very high standards of service our guests expect.

We are saddened to hear of your encounters in our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the lapse in service with regard to your reservation. We always aim to provide the highest level of service and we deeply regret that your experience was not ideal and that we were not able to exceed or at least meet your expectations on this occasion.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Been to Crown Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!