“Disappointed with Priceline” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Hotel and Conference Center

You added Crown Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Crown Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11320 Chester Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly CoCo Key Water Resort)   |
Special Rate
N.Y. Eve Super Splash
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Disappointed with Priceline”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a room for one night in the area and accordingly didn't want to spend an outrageous amount of money to stay in a room. I used Priceline's blind bid for the highest ranked hotel in the area and ended up getting a room for $65. Checking in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly.

Upon entering my room I hadn't really noticed anything out of the ordinary I did note writing and scuffs on several walls but no biggie. I started to unpack and went into the bathroom with my toiletries to take a shower. Upon opening the shower curtain, I realized my room had not be cleaned at all. There was hair stuck to the shower wall and all over the bottom of the shower as well as dirt. The tray holding glasses and the coffee pot appeared as though it hadn't been cleaned for quite some time.

I immediately grabbed my purse and headed for the front desk. Again the staff was very great, apologized, and said we will get you another room right away. My second room was located on the 11th floor and was much, much cleaner than the first. The hallways were still kind of a mess with scuffs and drawings on the walk but you can't expect a 5 star resort for $65. I'm not sure that I'd stay here again but if I did it would be because the customer service was so outstanding.

• Stayed June 2013
Albert B, General Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Brandywaits!!

Thank you for staying with us and writing your review on TripAdvisors, At Crowne Plaza Cincinnati north CoCo Key water resort we work very hard to ensures our facilities and service are superior. For this reason we are regret to hear about cleanliness issue you had experienced in your room . We want our guests to have a relaxing enjoyable stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your patronage and support to our hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future .

Albert Bashir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our 2 night stay. We were wanting an outdoor pool and a bar (although it closed at 11 on Friday night) and that combination is hard to find in this area. Price point including bar/room service was very reasonable. Our room had a modern update, with comfortable beds and a flatscreen tv. Shower and loud ac not much to brag about but was fine for the price. We were also able to get a 1pm checkout instead of 11am. Directly across from Sharonville Convention Center and about 15 minutes to Blue Ash/Kenwood Towne Center. We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Some rooms appear to have balconies that overlook the pool area although we did not stay in one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Albert B, General Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Happy Travelsfor,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking your time to write perfect and amazing review of our hotel. I am thrilled to know that you liked our modern decor and flatscreen TV in your room. If your travels bring you back to Cincinnati, we will look forward to your return. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to call my office directly.

At your services!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel. This dated hotel has the worst customer service staff and management. Rude management and unfriendly staff. This overprice 1800 feeling hotel has a waterpark and rude service. Manager barley spoke english and rude and disrespectfull to guest with his tone and dialect was tasteless and years of staying with IHG it is clear that the customer service of old is gone and rack in your money is in. AVOID. Unless you like overpriced and none customer service. Go somewhere else and get better service with less money. Year of IHG and it is time to find a new brand. Charge for everthing. AVOID.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Albert B, General Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear WorldTraveler1,

Thank you for your candid review and being detailed in the bad and opportunities to improve, We truly appreciate negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving of what we can offer to our valued guest.Please accept our apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us and if your stay was negativelly affected by the service you received from our team member. We are continually reviewing the product and service we provide therefore guest feedback is very important to us. Again we thank you for your input and hope you give us second chance to serve you when your travel bring you to Cincinnati OH.

Most Sincerely,
Dayton, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We checked in 8pm Friday. They weren’t very busy, so the process was fast and smooth. Booked the room through Priceline blind bidding at $59 plus junk fees. Based on other reviewers’ tips, we requested a room on an upper floor and were given king room 1008.

The public areas of the hotel are very nice. Modern, clean, bright. Looks like it would be a good place for a conference. And, yes, the walk from the lobby to the tower elevator was kind of long, but not that bad for a large hotel. Besides, we needed the walk after the meal at nearby BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse (see that review, too).

1008 was kind of small, but nicely furnished, very clean and bright, no unusual odors. Large flatscreen TV, but not high def. Nice desk with a lamp and plenty of outlets all over the room. I tried adjusting the a/c with the wall thermostat, but discovered another one on the a/c unit. The a/c unit looked kind of old and rickety, with a couple wires visible at the front corner near the floor. It was kind of loud when it came on, but it was “whooshy” air noise, not mechanical clanking or anything like that. And it did keep the room comfortably and evenly cool. The wallpaper under the window looked kind of bubbly and ready for replacement, but it wasn’t falling off the wall or anything. 1008 faces the highway. We did hear the noise when the a/c shut off, but it wasn’t enough to keep us awake. Really not that bad. Otherwise, that room/floor was very, very quiet.

The free wifi was difficult to get connected/reconnected to, was agonizingly slow and went down constantly. Worthless. I think I’d rather begrudgingly pay $10 for reliable, fast internet.

The bed was very firm, but we like it that way. The worst part of the entire hotel experience: those blasted down pillows! Yeah – the kind where your head sinks all the way to the mattress and the pillow comes up on either side of your head to *&^%ing smother you!!! Heck, even Holiday Inn Express has a pillow assortment!!

The bathroom was clean and brightly lit, lots of towels, and looked recently updated – with one exception. The granite vanity, lighting fixtures, curved shower curtain bar, and granite tile tub surround all looked new. However, the tub looked like it had been painted with enamel paint at some point (long ago) and it was peeling all over the place. Weird. Clean, but weird.

We did not use the hotel restaurant(s?). Just about any kind of restaurant you could want is within 2 miles.

So, all in all, fairly nice place, and we did not encounter the stuff mentioned in some of the other reviews here. Would we specifically seek this place out for a stay? Probably not, but wouldn’t mind at all staying for a couple days if we ended up there again on a blind Priceline bid or were there on business. It is not a place we would avoid, but I’d sure as heck bring my own pillow!

Room Tip: Request an upper floor not facing the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gomershad,

Many thanks for the excellent review of your most recent visit to Cincinnati and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati north CoCo Key water resort.
I do hope it won't be too long before you visit us once again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I actually enjoyed my stay... It wasn' bad at all! The beds were cool, eventhough 1 of the sheets had a spot on them!!! The furniture was nice but the room itself was a little on the old side... I only stayed 1 night so i really can't give too much more info about the stay! I enjoyed the bar & drinks! The indoor pool kinda creeped me out! Water looked dirty and mold & dirt was all around it, gross!

• Stayed June 2013
Albert B, General Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Askmeabtursta,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your review about your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati north CoCo Key Water Park Resort. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, I appreciate your feedback regarding bed sheets and cleanliness of Indoor pool and will most certainly pass it on to our Executive Management Team, Our Management team take guest feedback very seriously as we are constantly striving to exceed our guest's expectations.

Once again thank you for choosing our hotel we can not wait to see you as return guest at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati north.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was holding my breath and crossing fingers and toes on the overall condition of our room. We got a corner room that was in immaculate condition. The major downfall is the parking and elevator location. The parking lot is full of pot holes and rocks. The elevators feel like a mile from the lobby when you have luggage. To get over the walk, I kept saying to myself, "this is part of your exercise routine for the day." If you want something to eat outside of fast food you may have take a drive.

Room Tip: Wear your walking shoes to get to your room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Albert B, General Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Denise J,

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel and fantastic comments about your corner room. Corner rooms are my favorite as well.We are sorry to hear that you found Major downfall was parking lot, we have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured these will be used to upgrade our parking lot. Once again thanks for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.we hope to have the honor of serving you again in near future and provide you with a better experience

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I wouldn't ordinarily give 3 stars to this property based on appearance and overall quality of the rooms and grounds. However, the service here for the price paid, was definitely 4 stars, so I bumped it up a star.

We booked one night via Priceline paying an extremely low price. For the price paid we had very low expectations for our stay. We were just needing 2 beds for the night, with no plans to use the pool/water park. In fact, I can not even rate this part of the hotel. We checked in at 11pm and asked for a rollaway bed. We were told that the 2 double bedded rooms do not have space for a rollaway (something to keep in mind when booking). They offered to bring extra pillows and blankets, and my 11 year old decided he would make a 'bed' on the floor. I wasn't thrilled with this option but figured it was for one night.

Driving around the building and parking where the staff had said to park, I was a little apprehensive about staying. The back of the building was FILLED with semi-trucks parked for the night. The front of the hotel looked modern and inviting, the back of the building was the opposite! It didn't seem like a good idea to send women and children with no escort to the back of the building. It had me wondering if this was the section of the hotel set aside for Priceline bids!

Upon entering the room we felt it appeared clean and didn't smell, and we were exhausted so we just went to bed. In the morning we left and got about 3 hours away and I remembered I had left my pillow at the hotel. I called the hotel directly and was placed on hold 3 times where I was left on hold for over 10 minutes each time. Finally I called the 4th time and told the operator I could NOT hold. I told her I had left my pillow behind and she put me through to housekeeping, which was a voicemail box! I hung up, called back and told the operator that she had put me through to a voicemail. She said that was right and that I needed to leave a message with the housekeeping manager in order to hear back. NOT a great system of dealing with lost and found items! Anyway, I left a message and about 2 hours later received a return call from the housekeeping manager. She said indeed they had my pillow and arranged to have it shipped via UPS to our vacation destination. Said shipping cost me just over $20, but was well worth getting my $100 pillow back a few days later! This act of getting my pillow back, is what earned the 3rd star.

Just in caution, the morning we left the hotel, my son felt something on his head (in the car) and found a tick on his scalp. We suspect it was from the hotel floor as I can't imagine getting a tick in a car??? Anyway, we chose not to say anything to the hotel until I had my pillow back in fear I would not get the pillow back. When calling the hotel to let them know, again getting through to someone was painful. The phone handling in this hotel is very deficient! Don't make people wait over 10 minutes or worse yet, forget about them, while on the phone! People calling in on the phone can NOT see how busy you are and frankly, we don't care. Good business practice dictates you handle your calls first! Anyway, finally got through to the GM and I told him about the tick. He asked why I waited to let them know about the tick. I wasn't going to go into it with him so I just said I thought they should know about the tick in case there are problems in the back rooms with ticks! What they do about it is up to them.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. But it was an okay stop for one night's rest.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Greeneyedgirl3,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor, We strive to provide the best possible services and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests how we re doing. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience when you were checked in to east wing building and we were unable to provide you extra bed because of space.The feedback we received from our valued guests like you unables us to target problem areas and take necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in future We appreciate the candid feedback we received and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are glad to read that you received your Pillow back, We had no doubt that if the Item was left in room it would be here stored in our Lost & Found department So happy to know that you received your Pillow. We appreciate rating our service level to 3 star, We would hope you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.Thank you for staying with us at Crowne Plaza Cincinnati north CoCo key Water Resort, hope to see you soon!!

At Your services!!!
Albert Bashir

Been to Crown Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!