“Nice contemporary rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CoCo Key Water Resort

Save Saved
You added CoCo Key Water Resort to your Saves list
CoCo Key Water Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11320 Chester Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly Radisson Cincinnati North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #38 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
“Nice contemporary rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here because it was close to ikea and other north side shopping. At first I was really scared after reading all of the horrible reviews. To my surprise the hotel was actually really nice. The room was decorated in a new contemporary style with nice art work and furniture, and no tube tv like some other review claimed. The staff was friendly and check in time took no longer than 2 minutes. I'm not sure why all the bad reviews, but we had a great experience.

• Stayed March 2013
Albert B, General Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Coop113027!!

Thanks for taking your time to write us your guest experience. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, We can not wait to see you as return guest at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati
north in near future.

At your services!!
Albert Bashir

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Perth, ON Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Basic accommodations, no fridge, or microwave. Long walk from the registration desk through a maze of hallways past meeting rooms and finally to the elevator. Across from a convention hall. Costco is nearby. Not our choice as a 3 star. Noisy a/c

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Brian M,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry our hotel fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Maineville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We rented a room for my son's birthday party and accessed the water park. The water park was a ton of fun for the kids. The hotel was very clean, check in and out was very fast. The only downside was the arcarde was run down; 1/3 of the games were broken, half the prizes were gone and weren't replenished. I would return, be careful though because food is VERY expensive to dine in. For 2 medium pizzas and 5 drinks, I paid $42. Also breakfast is not complmentary, it is $10.99 per adult and 1/2 price for kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I am sitting here in my hotel room at the crowne plaza staying my second night. I have to say I am very disappointed in my stay. The staff are all very friendly and the best part of this hotel. I feel sorry for them because I think they are understaffed. We switched rooms after the first night. The bathroom toilet seat was broken and lacking.A fan. The beds are hard as a rock, tiny and I was shocked to see a tube tv also. Second room a bit better, little cleaner and finally a flat screen. The pool was ice cold. We did not purchase tickets for water park and glad we didn't. The breakfast buffet was not good, eggs i think were not real eggs but the staff was very nice and accomadating with our diet plan restrictions and special requests. But then we got a late night hunger so we ordered 2 orders of wings. We specifically asked for them well done and extra crispy. They were the soogiest wings I have ever tasted. Sauce had a good bite and flavor, but was lost on the texture of the horrible wings. Like someone dunked them in water before serving them to us. That is my most upset because I spent $20 with tax, tip and room service charge for 1 dozen wings! We talked to several other guests and seems feelings are pretty much the same. Don't come here for a water park trip, spend a little more and go somehwere else, I am not usually a complainer, I like to find good things but thiss just warranted a bad review. Trying not to bash but it is hard to overlook a lack of earning a 3 star rating.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear nmbst297,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you find our staff friendly. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and we are glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the quality of food you received from our restaurant. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

First, the check-in took over 30 minutes, and we were third in line. I called the place the day before and found out there were 3-4 groups staying there, along with several rooms that the people in our party were reserving. From the time we got there till the time we left and after, they were always short staffed and were not shy in blaming the majority of the issues on that. The floor in the room was dirtier than expected, but after having a group outing at the crowne plaza in Columbus, Ohio the weekend before, I assumed things were not going to get any better without just leaving the room. Since my wife was paying for it and she really wanted to stay there cause it was for their group and there were other group parents there, I just dealt with it.

The following day at checkout I accidentally left something there and though my review is not entirely based on that, it is a factor. I called them immediately afterwards and they said they would have someone check on it. I called back an hour later and they stated they were busy and would call me when they had time. I called back another hour later, then three hours after that, then an hour after that, no one answered and no one called me back. I drove their the next day to find my stuff was not there. I am not upset at them for my mistake, I am upset at them for telling me someone would check and they did not. We have left stuff before on two or three occasions and the other hotels (all Marriott's by the way) did keep their word and when my stuff was still there they did secure my stuff for me.

On top of this, our group had a contract with the hotel for a room and food for their end-of-year ceremony and the hotel did not have the room set up at the correct time, forgot about the food and it was late, and completely disregarded the server, which I was told was also part of the contract. If you have a contract with them, I would definitely check with them a couple hours prior. It's awful how they preach about no outside food or drink, yet they cannot keep to their contractual obligations. I think I even recall that they were told they could not bring and

I have spent many evening at hotels for business and pleasure and even though this is the first time my wife paid, it was by far the worst experience I have ever had for a hotel. Next time my wife wants to go to coco keys and spend a night over there I'm just going to go to the fairfield inn right next to this dump.

Room Tip: Got to another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear brownja1,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Louisville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The check-in staff was very friendly and check-in was quick.
The room was on the 14th floor and was clean, but it was a smaller room.
The sheets on the bed were not very comfortable as the felt and sounded like paper.
Ever time I moved the sheets, it sounded like paper moving around on a desk.
Perhaps the hotel could use different laundry detergent to solve this, or perhaps they just need new sheets.
I will stay here again in the future.
There is a small indoor waterpark at this hotel too. It looked like it may be fun for young children.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Mike E,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for the staff. We also appreciate that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the sheets on the bed. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Evansville,Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We spent a total of 15 minutes on site November 9th. The room we checked into was filthy. There was pink matter on the ceiling, a patched hole in the wall, and hairs/dirt on the sheets. Also a guest who smelled of alcohol had a pit bull with no leash in the elevator which was nuts. Explained this to the night manager who was more concerned with the impression I was making on the pizza delivery man she was chatting up. She never apologized or offered another room. Kept telling pizza guy this has never ever happened. Hello he didn't pay for the room- no idea why she apologized to him. Never received a refund. Or an apology. Or a call from the management. I manage customer experience for a fortune 100 company and I won't be back. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Drury down the road!

• Stayed November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear talktosloane,

Thank you for your feedback. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and service we offer to our guests. I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

Joel B
IHGCare

Been to CoCo Key Water Resort? Share your experiences!