“Only for the water park...” 3 of 5 stars

Crown Hotel and Conference Center
11320 Chester Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly CoCo Key Water Resort)   |
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Only for the water park...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here for one reason, to take kids to the indoor water park called Coco Key attached. That was fun for grade schoolers for 2 or 3 hours. For parents who want to have a few beers while the kids play, there's a bar inside the water park. Also an arcade but many games are broken. The cost of an all day admission is $20 each, or $15 after 4. It would be hard to make an all day thing of it, though. The hotel was not busy and the overall atmosphere was bleak. Clean, but bleak. The hotel says all rooms have been renovated and ours were perfectly nicely decorated for an average mid range hotel. Some of the room service food was inedible, but they replaced it without argument. None of it was what you could call good. Oddly, room service did not automatically include glasses of ice water or ketchup with fries. Best to eat elsewhere, or just stick with the PIzza Hut available from the water park. Between the connecting doors, somebody had squirrelled away a few condoms, fortunately still in their wrappers. There were a few other housekeeping misses, such as no liner for the ice bucket and bath tile walls and faucets that might have been cleaned but did not look clean. This hotel really has nothing to recommend it but the fact you can get to the water park without going outside in cold weather.

Room Tip: Adjoining king and double/double rooms are available. There are rooms with balconies overlooking th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been platinum with Priority Club for years and have always loved Crowne Plazas. This one is an exception to that rule ... I booked my room with points and our room was on the club level, which I appreciated. That's where the appreciation ends. It took FOREVER to check in - there were several staff members at the front desk, but only one actually doing anything. Once we opened the door to the room, I saw the carpet (yuck!), old lighting, and subpar bathroom. We decided to stay because we planned to take the kids to the waterpark the next day.

The next morning we attempted to eat breakfast in the restaurant -- it was DISGUSTING. So much nastiness on the floor that my shoe stuck and I walked OUT of it. The service was slow and we were charged for nearly everything (despite my breakfast vouchers). After we checked out, my credit card statement reflected that I was charged for my stay. I called the hotel and after lots of time on hold, I spoke to someone who promised to reverse the charge. Not only did they NOT reverse the charge, they charged me AGAIN. This happened once more before they finally reversed all the charges. This literally took me over a month to straighten out. Absolutely unacceptable, especially for a platinum member and someone who spends 100+ nights each year in hotel rooms. I recently was married at the convention center across the street. We had 150 guests and I warned them ALL away from this hotel .... only one stayed there and only because his room was a "steal" at 5,000 points. Bottom line: Stay away!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Erika K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Platinum Priority Club Member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. I am truly sorry to hear that the food served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. It is the feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed two nights after getting a great deal from Hotwire. 2nd time staying here. Older hotel but Crowne is renovating. Service was adequate. Can't address room service because we didn't use. Would not pay full price based on current remodel condition. I'm sure it will be better once renovation is completed. Only nuisance was air conditioning,very loud.

Room Tip: This location host conventions. Dirt track event there during our stay. Kids everywhere. Ask for flo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We will begin with this hotel that is out dated and no perks. You can not even get a cup of coffee with shelling out cash. Lets face it , almost everthing cost in this hotel. The club room servered up potatoes halfs, because the so called chef was late for work and when the guest complain, he replace with some more frozen potatoes fried out of a box. Terrible stay with all cost from the overcharge room to paying for almost everthing except to park. With my travels, this one is money pit and you leave with a bad night sleep if your room is near the interstate and pockets lights and the only good service was from the overpriced dining area and the person working in the club room. Just Keep Driving.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you like sleeping on plywood this is the place. Inept staff. Outdated rooms. Not worth the money. Noisy, freeway, trains blowing horns all day and night.
Much better options in area
They did have flat screen tv

• Stayed October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

In a city where I have had a hard time finding a clean, friendly and affordable place to stay for business, I've finally found one ! The hotel has a clean, well-appointed and professional appearance from the moment you walk in. The staff, with no exception, was courteous, friendly and helpful. The onsite restaurant had top notch food, and the meal prices come in at or under the typical ranges most corporations like you to stay within while traveling. The bar was nice to stop in after working all day. If I ran across a housekeeping member they always made a point to ask if everything was satisfactory in my room; I've never experienced that anywhere before. The layout is only because there is a conference center within the hotel, and one of those indoor all year water parks adjacent to the other side, so the room elevators are centrally located for both. I didnt find it odd, only sensible. It didn't seem like a long walk to me, having also stayed in places like the Gaylord Hotels and Opryland Hotel; now those are longer walks ! After trying several different hotels in the area over months, I've finally found a place that meets my standards, and is acceptable to boot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GabbyBatonRouge, Manager at Crown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. We will share your positive comments with our team members and it will most certainly make their day. We value all feedback our guests have for us so we know where we meet expectations and where we need additional focus. We look forward to your return visit and please do call on us if we may be of further service.
Safe Travels,
Sarah Gagnon, VP of Sales
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice clean hotel. The rooms have large flat screen tv's. There is no microwave or refrigerator in the rooms. The bed is very firm. If you do not like a very firm mattress, you may not want to stay here. There is no free breakfast but the breakfast in the restaurant is great! There is also a bar with several tv's. The staff is very nice. There is also a water park attached to it but costs $14. This is a nice, clean spacious hotel. The rate was great.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Crown Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!