“Hotel In Recovery” 3 of 5 stars
Review of CoCo Key Water Resort

Save Saved
You added CoCo Key Water Resort to your Saves list
CoCo Key Water Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11320 Chester Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly Radisson Cincinnati North)   |
Ranked #39 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Central WI
“Hotel In Recovery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Hotel/Conference Center. This hotel, across from a convention center, had obviously been let go prior to the current owners/mangers. While the rejuvenation has a way to go, the difference between the floors/rooms that are finished and the ones yet to be done shows the management is truly interested in bringing this property back. The rooms are large and I really liked their offering of "Quiet Floors" where touring groups, teens and other potentially exuberant groups are not booked.

There were few downsides to staying here (I was on one of the Quiet and remodeled floors) but notable were the "expedition" from the front desk to the elevators to the rooms. Bring your wheeled luggage or get a bell cart - it's a hike! The ongoing remodeling can be a bit noisy at times but never during sleeping hours during my four day stay. The room air conditioners are quite noisy - I am sure they are on the replacement list because they are obviously original equipment.

One of the truly outstanding things was the staff. From the catering staff to the front desk, to the meeting facility staff everyone had a true "can do" attitude. Our small meeting group never felt we were less important than the much larger conference group that was there at the same time.

Yes, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Quiet Floor."
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Mentor, Oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Best thing was the friendly staff and comfy bed. Noisy air-conditioning. Stayed on the executive level with NO access to the executive lounge since it was the weekend, having use of the computer/copier would have been nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear cupcakeRN,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I appreciate the compliments about our hotel staff and comfortable beds. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to access our executive lounge and that the air conditioner was loud. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati North is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
Warren, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the Crown Plaza in mid August for a family trip to Kings Island. We had 3 rooms total. The staff was unfriendly and clueless. Our first night, bat in the lobby, customers lined up at both desks and the staff running away screaming. Very professional! Between the front desk and the elevators it smelled like the sewer had backed up. The carpet in the rooms were so disgusting we could not walk in our bare feet, and all the rooms had an odor. Keys barely worked in two of the rooms and never worked in the 3rd. Had to call someone up three times. My father in laws shower was broken, we asked for it to be fixed and when we returned 10 hours later it was still broken. He had to move rooms. The bathroom in our room needs serious updating and the mold cleaned off the tile. There was also a disgusting stain on the comforter. I would usually never take the time to do this, but my father just informed me the hotel doubled charged him for 2 off the rooms. We pre-paid and then they charged his card again when we check out. I go to Kings Island every summer and have stayed in great hotels this is not one. We asked to talk to the manager, but her shift was 11-3pm. I wish I had those hours! One last thing,
if you do not take my advice and decide to stay there, only eat the 10 dollar breakfast on Saturday it was awful during the week!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear je45161,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Evansville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our visit was from 9/17 – 9/19/2012. The staff was friendly; however, this establishment needs major updating!!! Parts of the hotel smelled musty which was not even near the pool area. Our keys to the room rarely worked, after bringing to the staff’s attention, different key cards were sent up, but the next day, the same problem occurred and our room phone did not work, had to use the hall phone to get assistance. The air condition unit in our room was very loud, so it was hard to sleep comfortably; the bathroom tub was disgusting, filled with dirt which I cleaned before my family bathed!!! The lid for the toilet tank was way too small, so you could see the inside mechanism. I now wish I would have taken photographs....we were very disappointed!!!!

chicago, illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

my wife and i stayed at this hotel august this year. we arrived mid week and stayed for two days. the hotel is easy to find from the expressway because of the high rise building and the sign on top of the bldg. unfortunately, the hotel is undergoing renovation and is actually rather disorganized. when we arrived, it took us 30 minutes to check in bec there was only one clerk working at the counter. she was very nice but she wasn't sure which room was ready and cleaned. she had to send someone to check out the room physically to see if it was cleaned. the first room he went to had actually someone staying in it. the second room was clean but had no lamp so he brought in a lamp and declared it ready. once we settled in, the bed and bathroom was fine, the tv worked. the wall was missing pictures where some hangers remained. one other thing, the common areas had very old looking furniture, totally unappealing. i hope those are due to be changed with the renovation. i would like to give the hotel two and half stars. i got a good price through priceline so i'm more forgiving, but if i had paid full price, i would really be upset. if you plan to stay here, make sure you request for a completely renovated room and look for a discounted price. happy travels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
South Bend, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you are looking for a very nice hotel this is NOT it. The staff is friendly but the hotel itself needs some help. The breakfast is the worst I have ever seen for a hot breakfast. The eggs were fake eggs and hard. The bacon didn't even taste good. How can you mess up bacon? The beds are small like twin beds. There was me, my husband, and our two boys with two so called queen beds. The beds were NOT queen. The hotel itself needs updating. Not worth the money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear makingbaskets,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our friendly staff.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the breakfast selection. We will address this as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Prestonsburg, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I booked this room through hotels.com. I guess that was mistake one. We were supposed to have a room with two double beds and a roll away bed, upon arrival they said they don't even offer a roll away bed except in a king bed room. This was after the first person i approached on a computer behind the service desk informed that they didn't work there but wasa guest just using a computer. So we went to Walmart and bought an air mattress. The lobby is very nice but that is as far as it goes. The wallpaper in the hallways is peeling along with the paint on the doors. The carpet inside the rooms and out is wore out. As I got ready to shower I noticed that there was a dark curly hair near the drain. I was disgusted. There are also no air vents in the bathroom. For the 133$ I paid for my family to stay here I was very disappointed. I have never paid that much money for such quality,especially for a hotel that offers no continental breakfast. Please do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to CoCo Key Water Resort? Share your experiences!