“Another good County park” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Centerville, Ohio
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Another good County park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Winton Woods has a little bit of everything. For those with young kids it has parky's farm to pet animals, ride pony's, a great playground and also an indoor playground. It also has lots of hiking if you want to do that and in the summer a splash yard for younger kids as well. The splash yard is pretty entertaining for those kids under 6-7. Also the parkys farm I would recommned only for children under 6-7 as well.

Cincinnati, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“This Truly is a Hidden Gem in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have driven by the park many, many times over the years. What you see from the road is only a very small portion of what is there, as it turns out. It does look inviting from the highway as a picnic area but that's all I thought there was. My son and his family invited my wife and I to go camping for the weekend at Winton Woods. My initial thought was - "where in the world do you camp in Winton Woods?" Turns out 3/4 mile to the east of the main entrance to the park is an 80+ spot camping area around the lake. Very nice for tent, small campers and even large motor homes. All the amenities you would expect. Nice playground for kids. Snack bar at the check in building and a small grocery / gift shop. Nicely kept and clean. People will come here to camp that want to spend the weekend exploring Cincy and Kings Island. License plates from all over. Up nearer the main entrance is a kids water park, meant for 12 years old and under, called Parky's Ark. The grandkids spent several hours there. Parents can sit on comfortable benches, some in the sun, some in the shade. Snack bar for sandwiches, ice cream, etc is close by along with changing rooms. A very nice set up. Small paddle boats, kayaks and canoes are also available for rental; so are bikes. We took in the lake boat tour on a large shaded pontoon boat that is available, that shows you some of the local wildlife and how big the lake is - takes about 40 minutes. Very enjoyable and relaxing. Across Winton Rd is a golf course and a riding stable for more recreation. It's a great place to take the kids for an afternoon. You don't have to camp. Lots of walking trails and bike trails. There is a $10 annual park fee to use any of the parks in Hamilton County, but you have unlimited access to any of them once you pay that. Better deal than the $3 per daily use fee if you have an inkling to go back. We plan to do just that and take in the bike paths. I had NO idea this place was as cool as it is. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank showstang
Cincinnati
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Nature at it's Finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I enjoy walking around the lake, which is 1.6 miles. It's full of greenery and a nice breeze flows off the lake. If you're interested in paddle boats or canoeing, it's available too. Oh, as well as bike rentals. There are camping grounds and numerous shelters to rent for a cookout.

2 Thank Eluv
Milford, OH
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great variety of hikes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Whether you want to walk around a lake or though the woods, several nice trails are waiting in this large Hamilton County park. There are many picnic areas, playgrounds, boats to rent.

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Horseback riding at Winton Woods is the absolute worst!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

BORING PONY RIDE ON A BABY TRAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were very disappointed in our horseback riding experience today at Parky Farms in Winton Woods, 7/11/13. We were expecting to ride horses - NOT PONIES. What a SCAM and a waste of $100, my two girls, 12 and 13, were mad, and so was I. If you want a boring trail ride with ponies on a baby trail, this is the place to go. The volunteer staff members are clueless, but they think they know everything; They pick the worst horses for you on your trail ride, and the trail is so babyish that there is absolutely no trotting, your not even allowed to hug your horse. We went so slow, that I could have walked my horse on a leash - that's how slow they demand that you go, and you have to be at specific places at all times, and you have to wear your helmet, because it could get treacherous if your horse stops walking to take a dump. If you a REAL HORSE-BACK RIDING EXPERIENCE, I recommend you go to Muddy Waters Ranch. It was awesome when we went there last week, and we can't wait to go back. We will never go to Winton Woods again.

8 Thank fivemagics05