“This place should be condemned!!” 1 of 5 stars

Budget Host Town Center Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3356 Central Pkwy, Cincinnati, OH 45225   |
Ranked #48 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“This place should be condemned!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed in this motel during a 4 week trip of the US. I have never stayed anywhere like it in my life and shall never hope to again! The room was DISGUSTING, blood on the walls, stains on the bed linen, huge cigarette holes everywhere. I never bother to review places but feel compelled to for here purely to warn others... please do not stay here. Me and my partner thanked our lucky stars the day we checked out as neither of us were sure we would make it out alive judging by the blood stains everywhere. Just the thought gives me the creeps. Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

Well lets just say, DO NOT take the family to this one. The rooms were too small and were semi-clean. No Blood Stains and Bullet Holes but I could see where it is probable. Yelling and screaming throughout the night. People constantly in the parking lot. The lights blinked on and off. Stale odor throughout the room. The bar smelled like a smoke factory. The pictures on the HOtels website are not the correct pictures of this HOtel.

Let's just say that this hotel, puts the HO in HOtel. I was propositioned three times in 2 days.

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HO-MOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

The date of stay was 7-17-08 to 7-18-08. Reservations were made by 7-3-08 and the room was not ready when we arrived. The sheets were not changed and the room was not cleaned.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

We went to the hotel for a short stay this weekend. BEWARE this hotel does not look like the pictures!!! It was horrible. Soon as we got there some guy was trying to sell us drugs! And everybody down there was beggin for money. I booked this hotel cause of the price and due to the Jazz festival there were no other rooms. We went to check in but I did not even trust the parking lot. I told my boyfriend we would just sleep there until we could find another room but #1 we could not even shower there probably #2 I was not about to leave my bags so we were going to take the bags with us wherever we went instead of having our room broken into and our things robbed!!! Seriously we were about to just sleep in our car instead of that room, and we did not even go inside. One look at the outside did it!!
So in short if you want a good nights sleep, SLEEP IN KENTUCKY!! Definatly not this motel. VERY VERY BAD!!!!

• Liked — Hated it!!!!!!
  • Disliked — all of it!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hilliard, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

4 of use went down this past weekend. Nobody got a good night sleep. The place smells and it has the appearance of clean but its not. Bed linens were yucky. The whole place was yucky. We were too scared to shower.

Spend your money elsewhere!!! Or try getting really really drunk at the lounge then you'll sleep.

Stayed September 2007
Cornwall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

I don't normally write reviews on hotels (only one previously), but felt the urge to write a review of this place as my girlfriend and I took pictures of the rooms (something the other reviews lacked).

I booked the motel online and was intending to stay for two nights with my girlfriend. Check-in went well (with the exception of a rowdy noise from the adjoining bar - it was only 4.30pm!)

Gaining access to our room involved avoiding the hornets nest which was situated at the foot of our door, but we were finally relieved to get into the room. That was until we turned the lights on.

Not only was the bathroom an absolute mess that not even cockroaches would frequent, but the curtains appeared to have been last cleaned during the 1970s. By the look of the blood-like substance on both the ceiling and lampshade, it appeared as if the last people who used our room were probably Crime Scene Investigators.

The room had 'No Smoking' signs in it, but there was an evident smell of smoke which could not be expelled due to the windows not being able to open.

My girlfriend wanted to leave immediately, and after I discovered chewing gum stuck to the wall, I agreed. We stayed at a Super 8 nearby (which was not only far superior, but also cheaper too).

Unlike previous reviews, I was fortunate enough to get a refund for the second night for which I did not stay.

At time of writing this, I cannot believe it isn't bottom of the Cincinnati hotels.

Stayed August 2007
louisville, ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

this place was absolutely a joke. We came into town to watch the Red's game and the sheets were nasty, the rooms look like they hadn't been cleaned in years. There were large holes in the walls, ashes in the toilets that had suppossedly just been cleaned. The rooms smelled old, mildew and musty. The sheets were a dingy yellow color. Great place for the prostitutes that came to stay the night that we decided to not stay at all. We paid for the room and then told the manager that we weren't going to stay because it was so nasty. If I ever see the words Budget and Host in a hotel name, I will know better next time. The hotel staff were all missing teeth, shaggy hair, couldn't spell and were drunk by the time we got back from the game. If you want to go home with some kind of disease or bed bite, stay at this place. I wouldn't even let my worst enemy stay at this rat hole.

• Liked — leaving it
  • Disliked — ever walking into it
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Host Town Center Motel? Share your experiences!