“beware” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
Pueblo, Colorado, United States
“beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

this place is crazy do NOT EVEN BOTHER TO STOP IN this place it IS THE WORST place ive seen it all in my life this place takes the cake we werent even there ten mins and the police were questioning what buisness we had there as if we were suspect as soon as they left we were approached by numerous hookers and guys trying to sell us sex and crack all jungle bunnys of course if you into this kind of thing this is your place they even started shooting guns at three in the mornig the sad thing is that the local PD dont give a dam the just rolled through and dismissed it as the usual happinings they didnt even get out of there car to investgate the gun shots the room had cigarette burns alll over every thing where people all getting all spun on drugs and letting there smokes burn everything there were used condoms under the bed and i even found a crack pipe in the towel holder i went to pull a towel off after showering and the dam thing fell apart and behold a crack pipe fell out PLEASE DONT GO THERE IT COULD COST YOU YOU LIFE IF YOU DONT GUT NO GRIP

Room Tip: higher rooms heve less ac noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was travelling around the east of the USA for a month and this was honestly the worst place we stayed. The room was old and smelt of smoke. There were burn holes through all the sheets through to the matress. The sheets had a questionable stain on it.

The main issue however was that right before we got into bed to sleep we noticed a bed bug crawling on our pillow. at which point we marched downstairs and made them change our room. The next room was in no better state but as far as I know it was bed bug free.

It is honestly the grimiest place I've ever stayed. It's the sort of place you would expect cockroaches to live and a place bed bugs already do. It may be cheap but trust me its not worth the money you pay.

Also its very far out of town so its not even convinient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lake, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was not expecting a perfect room. While you do get what you pay for, I can't help but to think I got the short end of the stick on this deal. It was a little creepy. The staff was very nice, but other than that I cannot say anything good. We got 2 rooms. One was smoking and one was non-smoking. The non-smoking room was burnt worse than the smoking room. Someone had used the ice bucket as an ashtray. The bedding was all burned up. One set of pillows had no pillow cases. Neither of the bathroom doors latch. One floor lamp was placed in the corner because it was broken and had to be propped up on the wall. The lamps on the tables did not work. The room was just dirty. We turned the a/c over to fan only and it just about smelled up the room so bad that we couldn't stand it. One of the smoke detectors had fallen out of the holder and was hanging by wires and one of the pictures on the wall was hanging upside down. I could go on and on. I would not recommend this place to anybody. I felt like lots of shady deals go down there. I would never go back. Couldn't wait to get up and get out of there in the morning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I really wanted to like this hotel because the price was so affordable and the location so convenient. I tried to go with an open mind, but sadly cannot recommend it. The hotel definitely has a seedy, rundown vibe. There were several notices posted at check-in that there were no refunds after you checked in – most likely due to the large number of travelers who took one look at their room and immediately wanted their money back.

The negatives: My room had a musty smell. The room was cold. It took several hours to warm up (but then stayed pretty toasty). The bathroom sink and tub were old and stained (but not really dirty). The towels were paper thin. There are no amenities as advertised: No internet access that I was aware of, no clock, no coffee machine (although there was a pot behind the desk in the lobby and they would give you coffee if you asked). Only toiletries in room were two small bars of soap, no shampoo. I seriously doubt the pool is ever open.

The positives: I think housecleaning tried to keep the rooms clean (or maybe I was just lucky). Items were more stained than actually dirty (although I did look behind a table for an outlet and that wasn’t pretty). There was also an in-tub mat provided and it looked worse than the tub so I took my chances with the tub. The shower actually worked very well. I didn’t get bedbugs. As cheap as everything else was, they actually used premium toilet paper. They did have a TV with a lot of basic channels but I’m pretty sure no premium channels. My remote control died but I assume they would have given me new batteries if I asked. The price was great. I claimed the government discount and they never asked to see my ID. The location is convenient. Free parking. I did sleep well (after the heat finally kicked in) but I normally use earplugs anyway so your mileage may vary.

Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel. It was just too seedy. If you think you can handle it, I recommend asking to see a room first and having a back-up plan before you plunk down any money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
northeast usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

It was 2 am when our van of 10ppl arrived or we would left immediately. Through our tinted windows we watched as the one desk clerk was falling asleep and popping pills from her purse. The room smelled like a casino carpet, full of smoke and ash. The Mattresses literally had holes in them( I checked for bed bugs but surprisingly did not find them) EVERYTHING was stained-sheets, towels, shower curtains. The shower/tub took 20 minutes to fully drain. The "swimming pool" was empty of water and unfunctional. This place was gross, i couldnt wait to wake up and leave.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

King size room was nice and well furnished. Price was great. Night was quiet, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I'm from Cincinnati but live in Columbus now but I occasionally go back to catch a ball game or two. I'm not the type to splurge on hotels, so I usually look for an affordable place to stay. I typically stay at this motel since it's cheap and a short drive to the stadium. Some of the other reviews seem a bit harsh as I've had no problems with each of my stays. My room is always clean and I usually just crash while watching a bad movie on HBO after the game. Bottom line, it's an affordable place that's right by downtown.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Budget Host Town Center Motel? Share your experiences!