“Wonderful Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11180 Dowlin Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45241 (Formerly Arcadia Residential)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Everywhere
“Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My family and I traveled to Cincinnati for a family get together. Hawthorn is close to where our family lives, so we decided to stay here.
The guest service was wonderful. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.
The breakfast was nicely set with many choices my children enjoyed.
This hotel is perfect for anyone who needs a clean and friendly place to stay.

I will be sure to stay again the next time in Cincinnati

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I booked a suite online through hotels.com I was pleased when I found a room at a decent price within a good driving distance from my spouses family. The free continental breakfast was more like going to the local gas station and grabbing a danish and bad coffee. I think I would've been able to get over that had I not woken up early one morning while taking care of my 2 month old only to find out my body was covered in what I thought ot be mosquito bites but quickly noticed they were bed bug bites as one crawled closer to me. When we rerported the incident to the staff she made a call to her manager who told her to see if in fact they were bed bugs and place one in a cup so he could look at it later. She offered me new bedding like that would help and to move us to another room as if that was feasible for the incident. I informed the staff I would be checking out and the best they could do was offer me a refund for one nighe of my four I booked. I decided not to argue with them and filed a complaint with BBB immediatly but know that I would never stay there or recoomend this hotel to anyone as they showed no real concern for the incident. I could care less if I get my money back I just would like the owner to acknowledge the situation and to act more seriously on a matter such as this one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
hawthorncincy, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
We are shock and surprised about this incident, as you can see from our hotel's TripAdvisor reviews history and all the on-line travel web site reviews, our hotel never had a report of bed bug incident in any of our rooms. Every room is routinely treated by a professional exterminator on a monthly basis. We are having a professional exterminator inspect the room you stay in and determine if there is any pest issue. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

In addition, our Complimentary daily Hot deluxe Breakfast includes sausage patties, egg patties, hot potato wedges, Bacon or Ham, toasted white/wheat bread, english muffins, waffles, bananas, apples, muffins, danish, milk / assorted cereals, coffee, tea, orange and apple juice.
Mesa AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was one of the best hotel finds I've had in years! The place is emmaculate. Suites are beautiful, beds are some of the most comfortable I've slept in, full kitchen, BIG bathroom, great, helpful staff, happy hour snacks, yummy hot breakfast. We had a wonderful stay - great rate/value! We will be back!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010 via mobile

This place wasn't too bad the rooms were clean and staff were very nice. The towels were very thin, very. The kitchen was minimally stocked, no large spoons or cooking utensils. TV was nice, not a plasma like the sign outside said but a nice LCD. I would stay again just would pack some cooking supplies or pick up cheap Walmart ones.

• Stayed September 2010
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

I searched Tripadvisor repeatedly for a hotel that was well rated. Since Cincinnati has had such a bedbug scare, I was doubly cautious. The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in Sharonville (northern Cincinnati) was wonderful. The staff was friendly and when I complimented the front desk on the cleanliness and lack of bedbugs- 2 employees said they would not be working there if there was a problem with bugs. The free breakfast was just okay, but the cleanliness was the issue that put this hotel over the top. Excellent.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We booked at this hotel for a stop over during our journey home from Gulf Shores, AL. The room was so comfortable and clean, and it also had a full kitchen! All for $115.00 with the taxes. It is conveniently located around a Cracker Barrel. They did offer a free hot breakfast, but really the breakfast is a glorified continental breakfast, as there are slim pickings. But that's the way it is with all Wyndham Suites. So I would opt to go the the Cracker Barrel for Breakfast which is right across the road.
The location is a bit outside of the city so you would have a 15 minute drive to get back into the main downtown core of Cincinnati. The staff were very friendly and check in was a breeze, as was check out.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Mansfield, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

The room (king bed and sofa sleeper) and small kitchen was the perfect set up for a travelling family. There is space to spread out and the kitchen was a real plus. The full size fridge/freezer made packing lunches and storing leftovers and snacks a breeze. Counter space to make the lunches and sink/dishwasher very convenient. The basic pots/pans, plates utensils are stocked in kitchen, but a collander was missing, so spaghetti is out. The room was VERY clean and comfortable. Carpet looked great. Inside of drawers, tops of fridge and under the sofa bed (which all can be problem areas for cleaning staffs) looked great. Felt comfortable walking around barefoot, which I never do in hotels. Housekeeping did a nice job each day. the pull out sofa is located across the foot of the king bed and the flat screen TV rotates between the two beds. There is no separation though, so one set of sleepers can't watch TV without disturbing the others. Not a problem for us, but some might need this info. when considering. Breakfast, which must be taken back to your room to be eaten, includes hot and cold items and fruit. Not a feast, but a nice variety for everyone and we were all pleased and full. Pool and exercise room are small, but clean. We used both and had them to ourselves during our use. Staff was friendly. The king bed was very comfy. The location was perfect to do all the touristy things one would do in Cincinnati. It was convenient to get to everything. We would definately stay here again. If you have a family with young kids, you can't go wroing with this one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati? Share your experiences!