“First Time Staying at a Hawthorn Suites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11180 Dowlin Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45241 (Formerly Arcadia Residential)   |
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Knoxville, Tennessee
“First Time Staying at a Hawthorn Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was a very nice hotel and a very nice room. I normally stay at a different hotel in Sharonville when I travel to Cincinnati but the rates at this Hawthorn were less and it offered more for the money. I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite and I was very pleased with the room. The kitchen had a full four burner stove with an oven and a dishwasher which would be quite useful for an extended stay. The staff and service was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to others and will stay again when I am in Cincinnati.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
StephanieBorders, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hawthorn Suites! We are so glad you found our amenities useful and that you were pleased with your suite.

We’re looking forward to your next reservation.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great Hotel! I travel down to Cincinnati every week for work and this hotel is my first stop. My room is always ready for me when I arrive even hours before check in time! They treat me well here. The front desk is always cheerful and polite. The cleaning service is great...even though I may use them once or twice a week. They always provide fresh towels and even clean my dirty dishes! This place makes me feel like I am at home with the family even though the family is 200 miles away! Great Hotel!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
StephanieBorders, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
I have had the pleasure of getting to know you and we are so excited you decided to take a few moments and write this awesome review. We enjoy having you as a guest and we will pass your kind words along to housekeeping. It’s always nice to see their hard work being recognized. They definitely deserve it.

If you ever need anything, don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks for making us your first choice week after week!

ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I have been to this hotel once before and enjoyed the stay. We checked in on 10/11/2013. However, this time was a nightmare! Our room reeked of mold and moisture. We quickly left our bags and went on our way to visit our son at UC, hoping the odor would go away. We came back around 9 p.m. and the room still had the damp moldy, aroma. Additionally, there was a stain in the ceiling in the bedroom as if the ceiling had been repaired due to a leak. The straw that broke the camels back was when I found a scary looking bug on the stove. I went to the front desk to inquire about changing rooms and showed her the picture of the bug that was in our room and she said, " Oh, that's just a stink bug", she informed us that we would be unable to switch to another similar room and asked the maintenance man to come up and check it out. He arrived with a fan, an ozone machine, and an aerosol can that eliminates odors and began walking around the room spraying non-stop. We were getting overcome with the noxious spray. He began to tell me how to operate the ozone machine and let it run for an hour. I then find out from the manual I found online for the particular ozone machine, that it should be operated with the room vacant. Too much ozone may lead to respiratory problems if you are in the room when it is running. I then went down and said we were done and wanted to check out. She obligingly began refunding the cost on my credit card. Today (10/14/13) I attempt to contact this particular Hawthorn Suites and Ashley, who answered the phone stated that the manager was there but could not speak to me. This shows me that this particular manager or owner does not deserve my business! Please beware!! You get what you pay for is my motto!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
StephanieBorders, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Mr.Anthony Ebel,
At 9 P.M. on Friday 10/11/13 when you first brought the issues to our attention, our staff did everything you requested, which included a air purifier and de-odorizer spray. We had also offered you another suite to move to, which you refused. Our frontdesk agent promptly refunded your entire stay when you decided to check out. We wish we had a earlier opportunity to correct the issues or had more options, please accept our apology for the inconveniences we had caused you and thank you for bringing to our attention on the areas we need to focus on to improve our hotel.
Sincerely
Shaun Pan
Stephens City, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have stayed at Several Hawthorn Suites, ranging from the worst hotel experience ever to some of the best. This one falls in the middle. This was the first that was in a single building, instead of several apartments clustered together. This meant smaller rooms overall. It also meant getting to my room was faster and more convenient. I 'll take the larger room every time.

The only downside was the Breakfast. Substandard in comparison to other H.S I have stayed in. Limited choices and below average quality food. Powdered Eggs, Egg patties, and Microwave off brand pancakes, really? Get a waffle makes and offer one more entree and you can earn the 5th star.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your 4 star review of our hotel. We apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations during your stay. We value our guests’ opinions and we will use this to make future improvements. We would love to have you stay with us the next time you’re in Cincinnati.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were passing through the area and looked for nearby hotels via GPS. That brought us to this street. It was 2 AM and we needed to sleep. The Hawthorn Suites had the most cars in the lot so we thought we would stop in to see what the hotel was like. A nice guy named Chris showed us blueprints of each room and told us prices. Chris was very friendly and helpful. We got a room with a kitchen (stove, fridge, etc), king size bed, and alot of space. The room was very clean. Although we didn't need it, the room was fully handicap accessible with a roll in shower (sister-in-law is parapalegic so we notice these things). I looked at the provided breakfast. It was a basic continental breakfast with some sausages, scrambled egg patties, and french toast sticks. So, nothing special on the food. Other than the breakfast the place was excellent and the people were friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post about the experience you had here at Hawthorn Suites! We’re happy to hear that Chris was so friendly and helpful. Chris has seen this review and appreciates your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Come back and see us soon.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have been staying at the Hawthorn Suites since August The entire staff has been very nice and helpfull thank you Ashley Mae and Stephanie that work at the front desk they always have a nice smile and laugh for you .I can't forget Chris and Greg for making fresh coffee for me at 4:00am .last but not least Shaun Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to stop and talk with me whenever you seee in the halls that means a lot . starting to feel like family around here . :)

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for such a nice post! We think of you like family around here. You and your co-workers have been staying here for some time now and we wouldn’t have it any other way. It is really a joy having you here and if you need anything just let us know.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati? Share your experiences!