“Always a great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11180 Dowlin Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45241 (Formerly Arcadia Residential)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Everywhere
“Always a great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was my third visit to this hotel and once again I wasn't disappointed.

My room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was good , and the service is always friendly.

They are updating the lobby to make for a bigger breakfast area. I can not wait to see it when it finished.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This would be my 3rd time staying @ the Hawthorn Suites in Cincinnati, OH. I must admit, I really enjoy this hotel, the staff is very pleasant & respectable. The rooms were very clean & what I like best about this hotel, whatever you need the staff will do their best to accomodate you. My kids LOVE the pool!!!! (hands down) We enjoy hot breakfast in the mornings. Overall I recommend Hawthorn Suites to anyone who will be heading to Cincinnati, OH. Wait...I want to thank Shawn the manager & the entire staff for their Hospitality. Thank U!!!! Thank U!!! Thank U!!!

Butler, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. Staff was very accomodating. Rooms were a little worn, but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Would like to see an addition of oatmeal and waffles. Would definetly stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights during a visit to Children's Hospital in Cincinnati. Front desk people very nice but the room, while it has good amenities lacks several necessary options. Dirty carpet, furniture worn and torn, table and chairs just plain dirty. The cleaning staff had to be sent in again as all she did was change towels and empty trash...she did not change sheets, clean sinks or bath tubs, she did not vacuum, or clean kitchen, wash off kitchen table, etc. Once we called the front desk, all that happened was a middle of the carpet vacuum.
We were on the second floor and were kept up most of the nights and early mornings as you can hear everything on the floor above you! Poor sound insulation. Hot water was luke warm. Ugggggh! Not going to stay here again, there are too many other hotels near by.

atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed April 23-24, thought we got a good deal online at $84/nt, but as others mentioned, construction up front, super flat pillows and huge stains on the sofa cushions. Use extra bed cover to avoid touching those. The fitness room has a recument and treadmill that appear to work, but the elliptical dis not seem to ans they barely fit in the room. No paper of cloth towels, no sanitizer, dirty machines. Breakfast average, coffee was bad. Would not go back.

• Stayed April 2013
hawthorncincy, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experience. We are shocked to learned of your experience as this is the first time we have heard about the incident. We take cleaning and maintenance issues very seriously and address it immediately if reported. We do have a wonderful track record of clean rooms and pleasing our guests. We want all of our guests to have 100% satisfaction and I hope you will contact us so we may resolve it to your satisfaction. Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate the feedback and welcome the opportunity to make things right.
Niles MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

First of all I have to say it was not the typical chain we stay in and felt "different" to us.

The room would have been fine except for the smokey smell. We had a King with fold out sofa. It was spacious enough etc... but when we entered I noticed a very "fresh, fabrezzy" type smell with an underlying "old smoke" type smell. I thought I remembered in reading reviews that others had complained of this so I didn't bother to call down. We were exhausted after a our drive and wanted to get settled. The fresh smell wasn't bad and figured it would be okay.

We came back the next day after being gone all day and the room reeked of smoke. There was no fresh smell now. I would have tried to change but it was past 11 p.m. and we'd been on our feet all day and were in no mood to try to switch rooms even if they'd offered.

Leaving the next morning we addressed the issue and asked if they could clean like they did that first day and leave the "fresh" smell again. He seemed to indicate to us that we might have a smoking room though we were supposed to have a non-smoking but said they'd been making changes so he wasn't sure. The hotel was/is under construction.

Coming back, again smoke smell, no freshness but we were leaving in the morning and it was late so we dealt with it.

The breakfast area was under construction so they served it on the second floor. It was typical of hotel breakfasts. They did have trays so you could take it back to your room which was nice.

The kitchen in the room was adequate. It had silverware, a few cups, plates etc... We did some things in the microwave and made use of the fridge.

The pillows were very flat. Bring your own if you can.

Did appreciate the business center. They have computer with printer available 24 hours which helped us get something we needed to change for our event done and printed quickly.

Would we go back....probably not. There are other ones we prefer just happened to not be in this area where we needed one close to our event.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to express your concerns. We take all cleaning issues very seriously. It is rare that we receive a complaint about the smell of our suites and we would like to apologize for your inconvenience. We will look into your issues with our housekeeping and front desk staff. We do have a wonderful track record of clean rooms and pleasing our guests. We want all of our guests to have 100% satisfaction and I hope you will contact us so we may resolve it to your satisfaction. Thank you again and I do hope that you will give us another try!
Jackson, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I am astounded by the good reviews. I must have had a real lemon room.
First, the HOTEL called US the day beore to make sure we were coming!! i didn't see this as a courtesy, I saw it as pestering. No other hitel has ever done that. When we arrived, we found they had already charged our debit card or one night! (this was annoying, as we wanted to use our Visa to pay - who in the world charges your card beore you arrive?!) then, they charged the next two night when we checked in! (???) sorry, but we travel a bit and I've never seen that. When we arrived, the room did not smell fresh. I stayed three nights with my husband and three children; we got a 2 room suite, and as soon as we arrived, my three year old ran into the second room to explore. She shut the door - and it locked - and we could not unlock it! called the front desk and they said there was not a key! they told us we would have to jimmy it with a screwdriver!? we finally broke it open. Noticed there was rusty water leaking down the door jamb. dry. not wiped up. pillows were thin and smelled not fresh. went to bed down, unfolded the sofa bed and it was unmade. called to ask for sheets, was notified they were in the closet - and they were. in an old blanket bag. there was a blanket with two holes in it and yellowed sheets!!! The breakast was so dissapointing. Sufficient, but so uncomfortable and meager that we ate out the next two mornings. Not an easy decisions working with a five person family and a budget. Finally, the pool - towels were gone when we got there, decor was shabby and outdated (white but yellowed plastic chairs), and my pet peeve - I could scrape the brown film off the sides with a fingernail. One time i got out of the pool a glob of someone's clump of hair was sticking to my hand. Overall I was so dissappointed with this hotel and would never recommend it. Traveling to Niagara Falls in August and avoiding Hawthorn because of this.

Room Tip: i don't know what else to say. I am driven to reviews by very good and very bad experiences. t...