I am astounded by the good reviews. I must have had a real lemon room.
First, the HOTEL called US the day beore to make sure we were coming!! i didn't see this as a courtesy, I saw it as pestering. No other hitel has ever done that. When we arrived, we found they had already charged our debit card or one night! (this was annoying, as we wanted to use our Visa to pay - who in the world charges your card beore you arrive?!) then, they charged the next two night when we checked in! (???) sorry, but we travel a bit and I've never seen that. When we arrived, the room did not smell fresh. I stayed three nights with my husband and three children; we got a 2 room suite, and as soon as we arrived, my three year old ran into the second room to explore. She shut the door - and it locked - and we could not unlock it! called the front desk and they said there was not a key! they told us we would have to jimmy it with a screwdriver!? we finally broke it open. Noticed there was rusty water leaking down the door jamb. dry. not wiped up. pillows were thin and smelled not fresh. went to bed down, unfolded the sofa bed and it was unmade. called to ask for sheets, was notified they were in the closet - and they were. in an old blanket bag. there was a blanket with two holes in it and yellowed sheets!!! The breakast was so dissapointing. Sufficient, but so uncomfortable and meager that we ate out the next two mornings. Not an easy decisions working with a five person family and a budget. Finally, the pool - towels were gone when we got there, decor was shabby and outdated (white but yellowed plastic chairs), and my pet peeve - I could scrape the brown film off the sides with a fingernail. One time i got out of the pool a glob of someone's clump of hair was sticking to my hand. Overall I was so dissappointed with this hotel and would never recommend it. Traveling to Niagara Falls in August and avoiding Hawthorn because of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati offers upscale, affordable, all-suite accommodations. The property is located in the Sharonville area, conveniently situated off of I-75 and near I-275 loop, within range of many great local dining establishments and retail outlets. Retire to the privacy and comfort of separate living, working, eating and sleeping areas in your extended stay lodging. Relax in spacious suites that are 50 percent larger than traditional hotel rooms. Watch your favorite movies on our large 42in plasma television with all hi-def channels and DVD player and retire to a wonderful nights sleep with our plush pillow-top mattresses. Whip up your favorite meals in your own, full-sized, fully equipped kitchen. Complimentary hot breakfast and free fiber optic Wifi provided to our guests. In addition, the hotel provides guest laundry, fitness room, and indoor heated pool to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Hawthorn Suites Cincinnati
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cincinnati Ohio