“Nice hotel...bad room location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11180 Dowlin Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45241 (Formerly Arcadia Residential)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Indianapolis, IN
“Nice hotel...bad room location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was a nice hotel, very clean and staff was helpful and friendly. If sleep is of importance, request a room on an upper floor away from the pool area.
Cable, free wi-fi, and a hot breafast buffet in the lobby. Fresh cookies when you check in!

Room Tip: Stay away from 1st floor .... lots of traffic to the pool and seemed to be a congregating place for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you enjoy a restful sleep, do NOT accept a room in the hallway near the pool. Kids running up and down the hallway hollering for 2 hours means no sleep for you! Complained to the front desk and they told us this gaggle of monsters had JUST checked in and to give them some time. Lies.

Otherwise, the rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Bring earplugs!

• Stayed March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a real bang for your buck. We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. The rooms vary considerably in size, but all have adequate accommodations for a KILLER price. Decent breakfast buffet every morning with the usual suspects - defrosted pastries, some fresh hand fruit, cold cereals, and some hot items - eggs, potatoes, breakfast meat. You take a tray and bring it back to your room. Tuesday nights is free pizza. The rooms are updated and clean and relatively roomy. Kitchens have full size fridge, stove top burners, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, utensils and dishes. Nice, big bathtub in the bathroom. A few basic toiletries provided. Daily room service basics; weekly deep cleaning. The pool is fine. It's located in a decent area with lots of chain restaurants nearby. AND a really fabulous Indian restaurant with buffet not very far. Right off the highway so it's easy to get anywhere. It's quite live-able.

But the price? OH MY. WHAT A STEAL.

We get a discount through Cincinnati Children's...but even without it the rooms are just dirt cheap.

Cheap room, but GREAT accommodations.

The only thing I would really like to see improved is the pool...warmer water would be nice and a hot tub even nicer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I found this hotel on Kayak, and read some of the reviews from tripadvisor.I saw good reviews and decided to book it. I am glad we did, it was a good rate for a Queen Suite.
Pros-It was a great location, close to the highway and not far from the mall and restaurants.The map in the room had everything listed and drawn out which was very helpful and easy to use.The room was nice; had a full kitchen, comfortable bed, nice Tv, hallways weren't noisey.
Cons- The hot breakfast- they talked it up in most of the reviews I read, said it was the best breakfast, which I was quite disappointed when we went in the morning. It was your typical layout of bagels, danishes, juice, milk, coffee, cereal, then it had bacon, egg patties, and doughy french toast. It was not very good. There was no room to eat in the lobby, so we had to take our breakfast back to our room. The other thing I was a little concerned about was the Queen bed only had 3 pillows there was another pillow in the closet but it was in a plastic bag. I was alittle afraid to use it. Usually when people put bedding in a bag it is to kill bugs. Not saying I saw any, but with hotels you just have to be cautious.
All in all I liked the hotel and would return again next time I am in Cincinnati!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I will start by saying we picked this hotel in advance of our trip so we would have time to know what we were getting. This Hotel does not disappoint! I read a few negative reviews which I noticed most were geared toward the age of he hotel. I am not sure when this hotel was built, but I did notice that once we checked in, and arrived in our room which was on the top floor, we found ourselves very pleased with the size of the rooms. And the Televisions were top notch (Big Screen HD Flat Screens), and can I say they have some of the best cable channels I have ever seen in a hotel for no extra cost. Now I did notice that in some places the floors squeaked, which I think give it character, in which case I would NEVER change. I didn't know why people say it looks like its run down, cause to me it was like wine, the age has made it better! As for the breakfast, it was GREAT, I am a very picky eater, and they had something even I would love. I noticed that the one of the hot meal holders was about empty, and before I got the end of the line, they had restocked that holder. GREAT! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and if they in the future figured out a way to add a hot tub to the pool area, it would be perfect! Kids and Wife really loved this place! All workers we encountered were very kind and helpful! I know I jumped around a lot in the review, but too many great things to try and explain, and to find a con is very hard. Only complaint other then the hot tub, would be the A/C unit sometimes sounds like it has a turbine installed, but it wasn't loud or anything, plus it did work good producing heat. It was 17F outside so it did get a workout. ALL IN ALL, GREAT JOB TO THE MANAGER AND STAFF! LOVE IT!

Room Tip: We got the King Suite, and it was big enough for us not to feel like we were on top of each other...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati? Share your experiences!