“Great choice close to shopping” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11180 Dowlin Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45241 (Formerly Arcadia Residential)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
“Great choice close to shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is in a hotel row just off 75. The area is very quiet. The hotel is clean. Wifi is free. The breakfast is free. Not a huge selection for breakfast, but some hot, some cold, coffee, juices, and milk. Always free coffee in the lobby. FULL kitchen in each room. Spacious room layout. All hotel staff friendly and helpful. We did not check out the pool, but saw many others that did. Plenty of parking. Large clear TV plus a DVD player that was separate. Ice maker in room freezer. Would have liked a reg size coffee pot in room. Will likely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
hawthorncincy, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Hawthorn Suites Cincinnati! We are glad you enjoyed our spacious room with a 42" TV and full sized refrigerator. My staff and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
BELVIDERE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently stayed at this Hotel, for a weekend trip to the Reds game. We took our dogs along, as this was a "Pet Friendly" hotel. There was no indication on the website that there was any sort of pet fee to be charged during our stay. When we arrived, I was notified that there was a $15.00 per pet, per day fee. When I asked the attendant why this information was not on the website, or in any of the other information, the only response that I got was, "I don't know, I will ask my Manager." But I was never able to get an answer from the Manager. Also, the guests staying above us must have had a small child with them, as all we could hear was the child running back and forth across the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

hawthorncincy, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your business at Hawthorn Suites Cincinnati.

All information regarding our pet policy can be found online on our website at www.hawthorn.com. When you mouse over our pet symbol it opens up a small screen that explains our pet policy thoroughly. If you booked through a 3rd party website such as hotels.com, our pet policy can be found in the "notification and fees" section.

As always, potential guests are more than welcome to call us at 513-354-1000 with any questions or concerns they may have.

owensboro, ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our first night a family above us had children that they had not intention of controling. The staff made efforts to quiet them with some effect. The next morning we spoke with the desk, since the hotel was near capacity the offenders above could not be moved. We were traveling with our dog which further limited their options, they moved us to an upgraded room at no charge and we had a peaceful night. It's how you handle when a situation arises that shows your true worth. The staff here performed above our expectations. Very happy with our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the Hawthorn Suites in September 2012. I was lost and my GPS was not very helpful. When I called the hotel at 7pm I spoke with Beth. I told her that I thought I got off at the wrong exit and I could not find the hotel. She kindly asked me where I was. I told her Woodward Lane. Turns out I was closer than I thought and Beth gave me exact directions to the front door.

When I got to the hotel she gave me an upgrade to a king room with a full kitchen at no charge to me!

The room was clean and made me feel comfortable, like I was at home. I stayed 3 days and was there to shop at the nearby outlet mall.

To my surprise, when I checked out there was an envelope under my door containing my bill and exact directions to get me back to I-75.

I can not say enough about this hotel. The staff was friendly, breakfast was good, my room was clean. It was a very pleasant stay. Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to I-75 however you do not hear the traffic. King rooms with the full kitchen ar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

First off, what they don't tell you: this is one of those extended stay, pay by the week, places with a lot of transients coming and going. Its cleaned once mid-week, and this is NOT your standard business traveler hotel. They also ask you to pay for your whole stay up front when you check in. Therefore I paid for my 2 night stay in advance. This place is a dump, they treat you like crap, and could care less.

After I entered my room, I quickly noticed a strange chemical smell, and a very strong cigarette smoke odor, even though I had requested and been booked into a nonsmoking room. Thinking maybe I might be mistaken, I stepped out for dinner, and upon my return, the odor was no better. I called the front desk, and was told they were completely booked and there was no other room to relocate me to, and further, that they could not refund my money if I checked out then and there. They offered to bring up some room sprays, and I agreed.

I first tried the Febreeze, but it was unhelpful. I then tried the next product, called OdoBan. I immediately recognized the same strong chemical smell I encountered upon previously entering my room. It did nothing to cover the vast amount of smoke smell. It became clear and obvoius to me that they had taken a smoking room, and sprayed it with vast amounts of chemical to make it "nonsmoking" for me. You can't spray a smoker's room and then turn around and deem it nonsmoking ! I'm not sure that its even legal to do this.

By this time, I had started frequent coughing, and I'm not even all that sensitive to smoke smell; it was just that there was so much of it. I called back down to the front desk, and told them I didn't think I could take it anymore. Their response was to tell me to open my windows for fresh air. I would have tried to, except that they were stuck shut. I was again told I would not be given a refund for the night, no matter what.

By 3:00 am I was physically affected by so much coughing, that I packed my bags and left in the middle of the night. Upon check-out, I re-explained why I had to leave, and asked that a refund be made, at least for the upcoming night that I had paid for and would not be staying for. I was assured that would happen. It's now been about 20 days, and I'm still waiting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hawthorncincy, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We apologize that the guest was under the impression that she booked a non-smoking room. We confirmed this in our system as well as our central reservations department that the guest did indeed book a smoking one bedroom suite. We were sold out that evening and therefore could not accommodate her request to move to a non-smoking room. The front desk agent willingly tried to meet her needs with the issue.
The hotel was not aware that she had departed early morning. Upon completing our investigation we did refund both nights back to her credit card despite the fact that she booked a smoking room.
It is our mission to exceed each guest’s expectation and achieve 100% guest satisfaction.
Hawthorn Suites is primarily catered towards daily business stays. Rooms are serviced on a daily basis.
It is standard policy for every hotel to pre-authorize a guest credit card upon check in.

Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Torn and stained sheets and food left in kitchen drain. Entire hotel had a dim, dreary feel to it, and there was a musty, smoke like odor throughout the hallways and the room. The carpets in the hallways and the wallpaper were stained and badly dated. The room seemed recently up to date. There are much better places for less money in the area. We saw it listed on Tripadvisor as a good value for the money, but I have stayed at other motels in the area for less money. Not a good value at any price. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hawthorncincy, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Our hotel gets many guest compliments on how clean and how nice it looks. All maintenance and cleaning issues are taken very seriously here. I have shared your experience with all the staff members and we all had the same shocked expression upon reading your comments on our facility.
Our staff is committed to rectify any issue raised by our guests, as soon as they are brought to our attention. After reviewing our records, we have found no documentation of any guest raising any such concerns with us for the dates described.
We are having an extremely hard time verifying your stay with us. We would like to reach out to you to give you our sincerest apologies. Please call us at 513-354-1000 so we may address your concerns to your satisfaction.
Berea, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My Dad works at Toyota in Georgetown, KY Every year Toyota pays for us to go to Kings Island. We never stayed at a hotel after Kings Island. This year we decided we would. The reason being we never stayed coming back would be because its not that long back to our house from there. I fount this hotel online for loding near kings island. There are several reasonable room types to choose from. We had five people with us. We chose the 2 Bd Suite. It has an individual complete bathroom in each bedroom. Both of the beds in the rooms were comfortable. I slept on the sofa bed. It wasn't obviously in the best shape. The mattress was really worn out. It wasn't a big deal since it was just one night. I didn't think nothing of it because it really wasn't that uncomfortable. There was a full kitchenette in the suite. We stayed in 125 on the first floor. We were told they had three of those and that they were stacked on top of each other in the three floor hotel. That I believe is 125, 225, 325. There were 3 flatscreen T.V.'s in the suite. WiFi was weird it would take forever to open the internet up. Once you had opened up the internet it was fine and reliable and pretty fast. My only true real complaint I had was the indoor pool. It was nice and clean. The water was pretty much freezing. It kinda wasn't bad once you were in there a while. Would I stay here again? Yes if it was only for a short stay. I am not saying its a bad place to stay I am just spoiled and used to condos. This was the first hotel I have stayed in a few years. The free Breakfast was hot. I think it could of been slightly better. It was good though for it to be free. They had eggs, bacon, Coffee, Juice, Cereal, Muffins, Bagels, McMuffins, Toast, French Toast, etc. My only issue was the bacon. The first bit that was cooked I thought could of been cooked a little longer. That is just a personal preference of mine. The check in process was easy and fairly quick had a few people ahead of us. There were a few cons I mentioned. I think though there are more pros than cons. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. There are several things to do and places to eat nearby this hotel. If you need a room for overnight in this area this is a great place to stay. If it happened to be full there is plenty of other good lodging nearby this in the same area. A good tip is to get room 125 if you need a 2bd suite because its right near the stairs and exit as well as next door to the pool. I am not sure if they could of turned it up or not. The tax included it was 166.63 for the room for the night. The livingroom tv also had a DVD player in it. I am not sure if I will stay at this hotel next time I am in the area. I am sure I will in the future again though. The guest laundry and vending room prices are actually reasonable. If this was a hotel back where I live the guest laundry and vending would not be reasonable.

Room Tip: If you need a 2Bd suite see if you can get room 125 its next door to the stairs and exit to the park...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati? Share your experiences!