First off, what they don't tell you: this is one of those extended stay, pay by the week, places with a lot of transients coming and going. Its cleaned once mid-week, and this is NOT your standard business traveler hotel. They also ask you to pay for your whole stay up front when you check in. Therefore I paid for my 2 night stay in advance. This place is a dump, they treat you like crap, and could care less.
After I entered my room, I quickly noticed a strange chemical smell, and a very strong cigarette smoke odor, even though I had requested and been booked into a nonsmoking room. Thinking maybe I might be mistaken, I stepped out for dinner, and upon my return, the odor was no better. I called the front desk, and was told they were completely booked and there was no other room to relocate me to, and further, that they could not refund my money if I checked out then and there. They offered to bring up some room sprays, and I agreed.
I first tried the Febreeze, but it was unhelpful. I then tried the next product, called OdoBan. I immediately recognized the same strong chemical smell I encountered upon previously entering my room. It did nothing to cover the vast amount of smoke smell. It became clear and obvoius to me that they had taken a smoking room, and sprayed it with vast amounts of chemical to make it "nonsmoking" for me. You can't spray a smoker's room and then turn around and deem it nonsmoking ! I'm not sure that its even legal to do this.
By this time, I had started frequent coughing, and I'm not even all that sensitive to smoke smell; it was just that there was so much of it. I called back down to the front desk, and told them I didn't think I could take it anymore. Their response was to tell me to open my windows for fresh air. I would have tried to, except that they were stuck shut. I was again told I would not be given a refund for the night, no matter what.
By 3:00 am I was physically affected by so much coughing, that I packed my bags and left in the middle of the night. Upon check-out, I re-explained why I had to leave, and asked that a refund be made, at least for the upcoming night that I had paid for and would not be staying for. I was assured that would happen. It's now been about 20 days, and I'm still waiting.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cincinnati Hotel
- Hawthorn Suites Cincinnati
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cincinnati Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati offers upscale, affordable, all-suite accommodations. The property is located in the Sharonville area, conveniently situated off of I-75 and near I-275 loop, within range of many great local dining establishments and retail outlets. Retire to the privacy and comfort of separate living, working, eating and sleeping areas in your extended stay lodging. Relax in spacious suites that are 50 percent larger than traditional hotel rooms. Watch your favorite movies on our large 42in plasma television with all hi-def channels and DVD player and retire to a wonderful nights sleep with our plush pillow-top mattresses. Whip up your favorite meals in your own, full-sized, fully equipped kitchen. Complimentary hot breakfast and free fiber optic Wifi provided to our guests. In addition, the hotel provides guest laundry, fitness room, and indoor heated pool to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.