“Pretty Good for an overnight.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11180 Dowlin Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45241 (Formerly Arcadia Residential)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Berea, Kentucky
“Pretty Good for an overnight.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My Dad works at Toyota in Georgetown, KY Every year Toyota pays for us to go to Kings Island. We never stayed at a hotel after Kings Island. This year we decided we would. The reason being we never stayed coming back would be because its not that long back to our house from there. I fount this hotel online for loding near kings island. There are several reasonable room types to choose from. We had five people with us. We chose the 2 Bd Suite. It has an individual complete bathroom in each bedroom. Both of the beds in the rooms were comfortable. I slept on the sofa bed. It wasn't obviously in the best shape. The mattress was really worn out. It wasn't a big deal since it was just one night. I didn't think nothing of it because it really wasn't that uncomfortable. There was a full kitchenette in the suite. We stayed in 125 on the first floor. We were told they had three of those and that they were stacked on top of each other in the three floor hotel. That I believe is 125, 225, 325. There were 3 flatscreen T.V.'s in the suite. WiFi was weird it would take forever to open the internet up. Once you had opened up the internet it was fine and reliable and pretty fast. My only true real complaint I had was the indoor pool. It was nice and clean. The water was pretty much freezing. It kinda wasn't bad once you were in there a while. Would I stay here again? Yes if it was only for a short stay. I am not saying its a bad place to stay I am just spoiled and used to condos. This was the first hotel I have stayed in a few years. The free Breakfast was hot. I think it could of been slightly better. It was good though for it to be free. They had eggs, bacon, Coffee, Juice, Cereal, Muffins, Bagels, McMuffins, Toast, French Toast, etc. My only issue was the bacon. The first bit that was cooked I thought could of been cooked a little longer. That is just a personal preference of mine. The check in process was easy and fairly quick had a few people ahead of us. There were a few cons I mentioned. I think though there are more pros than cons. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. There are several things to do and places to eat nearby this hotel. If you need a room for overnight in this area this is a great place to stay. If it happened to be full there is plenty of other good lodging nearby this in the same area. A good tip is to get room 125 if you need a 2bd suite because its right near the stairs and exit as well as next door to the pool. I am not sure if they could of turned it up or not. The tax included it was 166.63 for the room for the night. The livingroom tv also had a DVD player in it. I am not sure if I will stay at this hotel next time I am in the area. I am sure I will in the future again though. The guest laundry and vending room prices are actually reasonable. If this was a hotel back where I live the guest laundry and vending would not be reasonable.

Room Tip: If you need a 2Bd suite see if you can get room 125 its next door to the stairs and exit to the park...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have frequented this establishment within the past year on business and can safely say that it has been a joy. The staff is professional, but at the same time friendly and inviting. The rooms are fairly inexpensive and manage to maintain a cozy atmosphere. I also enjoy the fact that this hotel is located next to the main highways (Interstates 75 and 275) which gives me plenty of options to travel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
hawthorncincy, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
We greatly appreciate your kind words about your stay here at Hawthorn Suites Cincinnati!
We look forwards to seeing you here again soon.

As always, guests are more than welcome to call us directly at 513-354-1000.

Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My mom stayed one night here and was bitten quite a few times. When she arrived at her final destination she found a bed bug in her suitcase. After the fact, I did look and this hotel was not on the bed bug registry and I only read a review back in 2010 that indicated they had bed bugs. It looks like they are back at this hotel. My mom enjoyed the hotel, but it is embarrasing and troubling that she now has to deal with this problem.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
hawthorncincy, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your concern. We take all complaints on bed bugs very seriously.

Immediately after the guest checked out, we had the room inspected by our maintenance staff and our professional pest control company. They could not find any signs or evidence of bed bugs or any signs of previous bed bug infestation. We have also invited the health department to inspect the room too.

We are aware that this guest’s one night stay is one of her many stops on her traveling itinerary.

We have bed bug-proof encasements on every mattress, box spring, and pillow. Every room gets monthly pest control treatment.
When a room is brought to our attention about any pest issues, the room is shut down for inspection and treatment.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I am currently in the midst of a 20 night stay. Good hotel for the price and I enjoyed my first 10 nights here. Unfortunately, the room above mine got occupied a few nights ago and the noise is awful! Every foot step from above makes a loud thundering noise in my room. The bathroom is even worse. I can hear everything that goes on in there, from toilet flushing to voices. Last night I even had the pleasure of hearing the couple above doing the deed. I would advise anyone considering staying here to request a top floor room to avoid the headache I'm dealing with right now.

Room Tip: Top floor only
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

What an amazing experience we had at this hotel!

From the moment we walked in, we were treated as valued, appreciated customers. The desk staff was friendly, courteous, and very helpful. The fresh (non-stop!) chocolate chip cookies at the front desk didn't hurt.

Our room was beyond nice. For $69...we were blown away at the space on this one room efficiency. Our pets were welcomed and loved the place, as well. Good sized bathroom, full kitchen with double sink, stove, plates, pots, pans, glasses, a full fridge with an ice maker, huge flat screen TV, and wi-fi that actually works and is speedy.

The breakfasts were yummy and very convenient. AND...a couple of the nights we stayed, they had free "social hour" food in the lobby. One night consisted of complimentary Chinese food and the other was pizza. There's free coffee 24/7 in the lobby.

In addition to a soda machine, snacks, and energy drinks, there's also a wash room where the laundry is only $.75 per load and $1.00 for the dryer (or maybe that's reversed. LOL!) And the dryer actually DRIES your clothes. There's a very tiny work out room and there's plenty of parking.

The only complaint was the pool was FREEZING. Unbearably so to the point where we couldn't even get in. We really wanted to exercise that way...perhaps they can crank up the heat a little.

Also, outside, there's a BBQ area where you can grill out and sit and eat. Very nice.

Conveniently located off the interstate and surrounded by stores and restaurants.

Love this place and can't wait to come back in October of this year. A great value for the money, a wonderful staff, and a safe, enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We were told #315 is the best room in the building. #214 wasn't bad at all. = )
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hawthorncincy, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words on our staff and establishment. We look forward to welcoming you and your travel companion/s back in October!

315 is a very nice two bedroom suite in the building but have you taken a look at the Jacuzzi room yet? The Jacuzzi is in the bedroom.

As always, people looking for a room are than welcome to call us or visit us at the number/address listed above the photos.

Youngstown, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I found this hotel by reading the reviews. This hotel was one of the few hotels with excellent reviews and they are WELL deserved. The suites are comfortable and VERY CLEAN. The staff is exceptionally friendly,welcoming and helpful. Great amenities for the price. The breakfast was good and the chocolate chip cookies on the front desk 24/7 were yummie. A great value for your money. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

First the cons - the pool is too cold and the elevator is slow as molasses. LOL

Now that that's out of the way, we stayed here for 4 nights. The staff is amazing! Very friendly. A couple nights a week, they even offer free food in the evenings!

The suites are "small" but roomy, if that makes any sense??? Very well designed room with a full kitchen - 2 burner stove, full sink, microwave, toster and full size fridge with ice maker. Not the crummy little "kitchenette" with a dorm fridge you get in most extended stay suites.

I stay in a lot of hotels and really can't recommend the Hawthorn Suites enough. We'll definitely be staying at this chain more often. Wyndam has scored a slam dunk!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati? Share your experiences!