“Love it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11180 Dowlin Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45241 (Formerly Arcadia Residential)   |
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Everywhere
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very nice stay. Located off the highway, but not to close. The Staff is very frendly and helpful. The Hotel is clean and comfortable. I always enjoy my stay here andI will return in the future.
Thank you again for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I chose this hotel, because of the location and the price. It seemed to offer both. There was a sporting event this weekend, and all the students and parents seemed to be staying at this hotel. Nevertheless, it was quiet. It is right off the interstate, easy access to downtown and the suburbs, and was generally quiet. It was very hot and humid when i was there, and the a/c in the room kept the temperature very good. The kitchen in the room was nice, and the breakfast was very good, with hot and cold items. As already mentioned, there are no tables to sit at, so you take it back to your room. I would recommend this hotel to others without question.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
hawthorncincy, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing about your experience. I am delighted that you found our location so convenient for your stay. We are right off the highway, but as you stated, it is very quiet and you would never know once you are inside. I would like to let you know that we do have plans set to construct a breakfast area for guests to sit and have breakfast. We hope that you stay with us again soon!
Baton Rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel one night on my way to Pennsylvania. Although the hotel is in an area with a bit of "industrial" flavor there was plenty of shopping nearby. And a Bob Evans really close that served up some awesome banana nut bread and blueberry bread... Yum!!
Check-in was easy. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The two ladies on duty when we checked in certainly represented the hotel very well.
The bed was a little small for sharing with my husband but overall this was a very nice room. It was clean and had all the little extras like a dirty clothes bag, shampoos, etc.
The nicest feature was the kitchen area- with a full size fridge that even had a working ice maker! There was a stove top, good amount of counter space, and the cabinets were even stocked with all the dishes you would need to make and serve a meal. If you plan on staying in Cincinnati for a while this would be a great place.
The breakfast was okay- the selection was limited but the bacon was good.
I'm torn between a Very Good rating and an Excellent rating... I'm only going with Very Good because of the "industrial" feel of the neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated. I am pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I am happy to say that all of our rooms come with the full kitchen, which includes: full-size refrigerators, coffee makers, microwave, toaster, and oven. They are also all fully stocked with all of the utensils that would be needed in the kitchen. We hope that if you are ever passing through the area again that you choose to stay with us again!
Proctorville, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I took a weekend getaway to Cincinnati and have previously stayed at Wyndham hotels, so we thought we would try out Hawthorn. We were pleased before we ever even arrived! It was easy access from the highway, easy to find. Tucked back off the road away from traffic noise and secluded. The lady at the front desk was wonderful. Check-in was a breeze. The room was extremely clean! The bed was phenomenal. Although we did not use our kitchen, it was fully equipped with everything you may need. The pool was great. The hot breakfast was amazing- they have trays so you may take your breakfast back to your room- we loved that option! We had left to get dinner and came in late and I was pleased to have to use my key-card to re-enter the building. It felt safe there. Arriving to fresh cookies at check in was a plus! Check out took all of 30 seconds. We will most definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms have a full kitchen
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
hawthorncincy, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
I am delighted to hear about your stay with our hotel. It sounds as though it was very enjoyable and you took advantage of many of our amenities. Thank you so much for your sharing about your stay. I hope that on your next weekend getaway to Cincinnati you stay with us again!
Toledo, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

One of the better hotels that we have been too. Room was very nice and spacious. Pool was great. Very much enjoyed the free cookies at the front door! Would consider again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
hawthorncincy, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
I greatly appreciate your review. I am happy to say that we have fresh cookies at the desk 24-hours a day. Hope to have you stay with us again soon! ~Shaun Pan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I was impressed with this hotel even before I arrived. I flew from Washington DC to Columbus, Ohio and then drove from there to Cincinnati with friends. Unfortunately there was a horrible accident on I-70 so it took us about five hours to get there. (It should have taken less than two). At some point it dawned on me--- around 10 PM--that I should call the hotel to ensure that I still had a room. As soon as the woman picked up the telephone she knew immediately who I was and told me that she knew I was flying in from DC and had left a message for me. She was wonderful! This has never happened to me before.
When we finally arrived, I got to meet this terrific woman who was working the night shift. After all of those hours in the car-we were tired and grouchy- she provided much needed comic relief. It was much appreciated! Before we knew it we were all laughing! The check-in was very smooth and the room was very comfortable. The rate was extremely reasonable, especially considering what you got. Breakfast is included but there is no place to sit and eat. They set up a buffet near the lobby. There is a sofa and several chairs, but there are trays so you can always take the food back to your room. There is a small workout room, which I did not use-just three pieces of equipment, and a small office with just one computer. But there was never anyone using it so I had no problems. One complaint I do have is the coffee. It was not very good. Other than that, I highly recommend this hotel. And if you are lucky enough to arrive when “the lady with the red hair who works at night” is there, it will make your stay that much more enjoyable. I promised her I would not use her name. ☺

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. We certainly do appreciate your feedback and it is a pleasure to hear of your satisfaction with our front desk employee. We hope that you come back and visit us again soon. ~Shaun Pan
Muncie, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at the Hawthorn for business that was very easy get to from interstate and local roads. Many surrounding places to eat breakfast or dinner. I had a full kitchen room that was very spacious and it had everything I needed for the short stay. The breakfast was a very simple hot breakfast with ceral and donuts, but there was not much room to sit and eat. They did offer trays to take food back up to the room via the very slow elevator. Howevcer, this was a very good price for the room and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
hawthorncincy, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write about your experience at our hotel. I would like to let you know that we do have plans of constructing a more functional breakfast area, with a lot of additional seating. We look to begin this project within the year. I am pleased to hear your satisfaction with the full kitchen in the room. I am happy to say that all of our rooms do come equipped with full kitchens. We hope that business brings you back to the area again and that you choose our hotel for your next stay.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati? Share your experiences!