“Not bad...really” 3 of 5 stars

8020 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
“Not bad...really”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

We took a chance on this hotel after reading many negative reviews. We brought our own towels, air spray, disinfectant and wipes just in case. It turned out we didn't need any of the items we bought. Although the site stated it was renovated in 2005, the hallway carpets, walls, doors are still very dated.

Our room was quite clean, towels, fresh linens, clean bath tub. One thing didn't work was the free wireless Internet. Our laptop worked fine at home but could not connect to the open access point, which is strange. Other than that minor glitch it was an OK experience for us.

• Stayed June 2006

Families
Couples
BUFFALO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

I was really disappointed when I first saw the outside of this hotel. Then when we got into our room, it smelled very moldy and dirty. The bed was super uncomfortable and the sheets felt like sandpaper. They seriously need to do some renovations or something because this place is kind of a dump.

• Stayed August 2005
Cincinnati Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2006

I had guests stay at this hotel recently and I'm sorry to say that I'm embarrassed. The hot water was not working for the majority of their stay. On two occasions, there were no towels available. What kind of hotel has no hot water or towels?
Needless to say, I will never ever recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2006
columbus, oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

We got a great rate for this hotel on Hotwire and were satisfied with our stay. It is definately a basic hotel, nothing fancy. Great location with easy access to the interstate and close to shopping and restaurants. Check in was friendly and the clerk gladly moved our rooms to a quieter wing when we found out groups of cheerleaders were staying in rooms near the pool. The rooms and lobby were clean. The bathrooms were quite small, but some rooms have a separate vanity. Bring your own toiletries, as those provided are very basic and not of high quality. The beds were comfortable enough, though mattress pads or covers would help. If you want the most peaceful stay, request wing A, as it is the farthest from the pool and fitness room and people young and old were walking/running, talking/shouting through wings B and C constantly on their way to and from the pool. Our biggest complaint was the poor condition of the machines in the fitness room. Several were not in working order. Don't spend a lot of money on this hotel, but if you can get a great deal like we did, it was fine.

• Stayed February 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

My family and I loved our stay at the Kenwood Inn early in January. The location was ideal for me to go to work, and the hotel was gracious enough to drive my wife back and forth to the huge mall accross the street in the courtesy shuttle. The pool was the biggest I have ever seen, and the staff was more than accomadating. Would stay again without question. Don't know where the bad reviews are coming from, but I had no cleanliness issues or problems with the beds.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

We stayed there Christmas Eve while visiting my son. The bed was like a trampoline. The sheets wouldn't stay on the bed. The pillows were so large they hurt my neck. There was food under the bed. We were only given 1 washcloth. The towels were stained. My husband and I took turns sleeping in the chair just so we could get a little sleep. When we complained, we were only given a small discount off the room. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2005

I Pricelined this for $46.00. I should have read Trip Advisor prior to booking. The Kenwood is far from three-star status. The bathroom was less than clean, beds very uncomfortable. Room key locking mechanism on exterior lower level doors inoperatable, anyone can have access to the hotel day or night.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Kenwood Inn & Conference Center Cincinnati? Share your experiences!