“Smelled Awful!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kenwood Inn & Conference Center Cincinnati

Kenwood Inn & Conference Center Cincinnati
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cincinnati
Kenwood Inn & Conference Center Cincinnati
8020 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #31 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
BUFFALO
“Smelled Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

I was really disappointed when I first saw the outside of this hotel. Then when we got into our room, it smelled very moldy and dirty. The bed was super uncomfortable and the sheets felt like sandpaper. They seriously need to do some renovations or something because this place is kind of a dump.

• Stayed August 2005

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Cincinnati Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2006

I had guests stay at this hotel recently and I'm sorry to say that I'm embarrassed. The hot water was not working for the majority of their stay. On two occasions, there were no towels available. What kind of hotel has no hot water or towels?
Needless to say, I will never ever recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2006
columbus, oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

We got a great rate for this hotel on Hotwire and were satisfied with our stay. It is definately a basic hotel, nothing fancy. Great location with easy access to the interstate and close to shopping and restaurants. Check in was friendly and the clerk gladly moved our rooms to a quieter wing when we found out groups of cheerleaders were staying in rooms near the pool. The rooms and lobby were clean. The bathrooms were quite small, but some rooms have a separate vanity. Bring your own toiletries, as those provided are very basic and not of high quality. The beds were comfortable enough, though mattress pads or covers would help. If you want the most peaceful stay, request wing A, as it is the farthest from the pool and fitness room and people young and old were walking/running, talking/shouting through wings B and C constantly on their way to and from the pool. Our biggest complaint was the poor condition of the machines in the fitness room. Several were not in working order. Don't spend a lot of money on this hotel, but if you can get a great deal like we did, it was fine.

• Stayed February 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

My family and I loved our stay at the Kenwood Inn early in January. The location was ideal for me to go to work, and the hotel was gracious enough to drive my wife back and forth to the huge mall accross the street in the courtesy shuttle. The pool was the biggest I have ever seen, and the staff was more than accomadating. Would stay again without question. Don't know where the bad reviews are coming from, but I had no cleanliness issues or problems with the beds.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

We stayed there Christmas Eve while visiting my son. The bed was like a trampoline. The sheets wouldn't stay on the bed. The pillows were so large they hurt my neck. There was food under the bed. We were only given 1 washcloth. The towels were stained. My husband and I took turns sleeping in the chair just so we could get a little sleep. When we complained, we were only given a small discount off the room. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2005

I Pricelined this for $46.00. I should have read Trip Advisor prior to booking. The Kenwood is far from three-star status. The bathroom was less than clean, beds very uncomfortable. Room key locking mechanism on exterior lower level doors inoperatable, anyone can have access to the hotel day or night.

• Stayed July 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2005

We stayed at the Kenwood Inn last night, for a one-night vacation getaway. We arrived and checked in. When we went to our room, the keys the clerk gave us did not work. My husband went to the lobby to get another set of key cards. Luckily they worked. After we managed to get into the room, we noticed muddy bootprints all over the bathroom floor, with a pile of dirt in the corner.

We called the front desk and they said they would send someone right up. Sure enough about 20 minutes later an older man showed up, looked at the bathroom floor, and said "here's your key cards". They moved us to another room. No apology, no hello, no enjoy your stay.

We carried our luggage to the new room, on another floor. Fortunately the key cards worked the first time. We got into the room and there was no ashtray (this was a smoking room). We once again called the front desk. The ashtray was delivered with the same non-friendly service.

After the "customer service" representative had gone, we discovered that the toiled would not flush.

Rather than deal with the unfriendly employees again, my husband took the lid off the tank and just fixed it himself.

We will never go back.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Kenwood Inn & Conference Center Cincinnati? Share your experiences!