“Butterflies of Morocco Exhibit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 129 things to do in Cincinnati
Louisville, Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Butterflies of Morocco Exhibit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Located in beautiful Eden Park, the conservatory has alot to offer. I love to take photographs, and had opportunities galore. The butterflies exhibit was wonderful and suitable for all ages. I enjoyed the waterfall and the orchids and the cacti rooms. If I lived in Cincinnati, this would be where I came to de-stress. The employees were very friendly and well informed.

Visited April 2013

Butler, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Morocco Butterfly show.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a nice bonus for our weekend trip to see the butterly show advertised that morning in our room. We had so much fun. There were so many types of butterlies we had never seen before.

Visited April 2013
Greater Cincinnati, OH
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Pretty & well-kept; butterfly show a nice tradition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have been to the Conservatory 3 separate times for the annual butterfly show. It's in a very pretty setting in Eden Park (near the Art Museum). The building is smaller than others I've been to but is very well-kept and clean. They have a good variety of plants and their exhibits are very well-done and pretty. The size actually makes it very manageable for kids or if you want to visit an attraction within a shorter timeframe.

One of my favorite things is actually the landscaping of the entrance. It's always so beautiful.

They have an annual butterfly show that attracts tons of visitors. Each year they do a theme, such as "Butterflies of India." Sometimes, the little guys hitch a ride on you. We have some fun pictures of this. There's a lot of variety of butterflies and the displays feature the plants in their natural habitat.

The only drawback about the event is that I do see an occasional butterfly trampled or wings that were damaged. That makes me sad. I guess it can't be helped in an event like this...

Also, I'd like to see some more info on conservation of plants and the habitats they help form.

I personally wish the building(s) were larger as I bet the staff would have a great time adding more exhibits!

Tip: You can rent it for special events (weddings, parties, fundraisers, etc.).

Visited May 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“butterfly exhibit - great fun for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

we went to the butterfly exhibit. Our boy, 5 & 3 had a great time. It wasn't all that crowded when we went and it was an easy outting for a few hours.

Visited October 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“If you like plants, you will LOVE Krohn Conservatory.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

It is a beautiful place to take pictures. Garden displays are colorful, always so well maintained and change from season to season. While they do ask for donations sometimes, there is no fee to enter. The little gift shop is full of lots of interesting tokens for adults and children alike. A great place for a couple or family.

Visited December 2012

Been to Krohn Conservatory? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Krohn Conservatory, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.