“Not nearly as bad as I was told the experience was going to be.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paul Brown Stadium

Paul Brown Stadium
1 Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH (Central Business District)
513/621-8383
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 85 attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Arenas/ Stadiums/ Fields
Attraction Details
9 attraction reviews
“Not nearly as bad as I was told the experience was going to be.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend was dead-set on us both going to a Bengals game this year, and scalped us two tickets to the Dallas game. The original ticket price was $60 a piece behind the endzone facing the river, which seems a bit steep but I'm not going to quabble over prices. I have been to Great American Ball Park multiple times, so this review is largely going to be in comparison to that stadium and my experiences.

I also want to start off saying, I did not hear good things about this stadium. Not specifically sure about what, just in general over the years since it was built. The whole politics behind the taxpayer money funding the stadium is another topic to get enraged about, but will not reflect this review.

First thing I noticed was, despite us entering the stadium with most of the crowd right before the game, getting through security and through the crowds and to our seats was... surprisingly easy. I remember having a lot more trouble making it into a baseball game successfully with the large crowds making it difficult to get anywhere. And this game was packed, as there were quite the substantial number of Dallas fans as well and Cincinnati fans filling the stadium.

The experience during the game was surprisingly laid-back and enjoyable. We were sitting in a mixed crowd of people supporting both teams, and while we were engaging in a bit of trash-talk and DEFINITELY yelling at the field during big plays, there was a level of camaraderie between everyone seated around us. I myself was sitting right next to a Cowboys fan, and had several light discussions with her as the game progressed. All-in-all, the crowd experience was the highlight of my visit.

I have never been to another Football stadium, so I can't really compare and contrast. Despite my unfortunate seat behind the endzone, I could still see the game and the scoreboards with ease. The concession and restroom lines were never very long (outside of halftime) which was the most surprising good point. The concessions were ungodly expensive, which I believe to be that way at all major sports venues, but with some inventive use of baggy clothing me and my friend got drunk with only purchasing two collectible-cup Coca Colas ;)

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with my experience at Paul Brown Stadium. I'm docking one point because the pricing systems in place are ludicrous; my seat was somewhat overpriced, and the concessions are more overpriced than I can express with words. Remember guys; you use taxpayer money to build this thing >:( Don't wanna break the bank to enjoy it.

Definitely wanna check out a Steelers game this upcoming season and review again :)

Visited December 2012

Cincinnati
12 attraction reviews
“Great Stadium”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

There isn't a bad seat in the house. Whether you're there to actually watch the game or just watch people, the stadium doesn't disappoint.

Visited October 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Very Nice Stadium”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The good thing about a bad team is you can check out the stadium pretty cheap. Paul Brown Stadium is one of the nicer stadiums in the North East. Now if the Bengals would only step up their game.

Visited November 2012
42 attraction reviews
“Beautiful stadium, terrible team”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just driving past you can appreciate the design of the stadium. Paid for by tax payers so that millionaires can make more money. However it is a nice stadium

Visited April 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“windy stadium blocks city from river.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Another taxpayer subsidized monument to the egos of major league sports. This kind of facility has no business being between downtown and the river.

Visited October 2012