“My son's (age 16) review of Skyline” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Skyline Chili

Skyline Chili
643 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2408 (Central Business District)
(513) 241-2020
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“My son's (age 16) review of Skyline”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

So, today I ate at yet another of my favorite regional chains: Skyline Chili. There, I had their trademark Cheese Coney, which is rather difficult to make out under all that cheese. The premise is simple. Our main cast, the cheese, the chili, and the hot dog all gather together inside the bun, which sounds like a tale as old as time. Suddenly, the story sees a twist worthy of Shaymalan in the form of the chili's secret recipe, which is sure to titillate your taste buds. Combined with the shocking amount of cheese piled on top that's sure to end messily, this is an Ohio-only delicacy that shouldn't be missed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

74% Recommend
gainesville,ga
“Fun place, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We're pretty easy going on food, we don't like fancy schmancy so this was right up our alley. We visited Cincy and our friends took us to Skyline before we could unpack. We went to a few of the upper end restaurants but this was probably our favorite place. Everyone there was exceptionally nice. will go again on our next visit.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lees Summit, MO
“Not your typical chili”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

When we stayed near Cincinnati, everyone recommended Skyline chili. The restaurant we visited was clean and in good shape. The chili is totally different than anything I have ever had. In a group of 4 we tried the hotdogs, nachos and chili. None of us liked any of it. It is sweet and hard to explain. Try if you want but don't expect a spicy chili.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Helena, Montana
“Try it, you'll like it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

When people try to describe Skyline Chili, an iconic Cincinnati dining experience, they tend to do a bad job of it. But tasting is believing! The concoction of spaghetti and a sauce that is a cross between Mediterranean style spaghetti sauce and chili, all covered in grated cheese, is really pretty tasty. It's great for lunch.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
“Memories”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've been eating this since I was a kid. I live in Tennesee now. When I go back, I always make my way to skyline. My adult children love it, as well! My Brazilian wife likes it, too!

• Visited August 2013