“Now That's a Steak!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlo & Johnny is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,730 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Following the Jeff Ruby tradition of fine dining in unique settings is Carlo & Johnny. This beautiful mansion has a storied history as a casino and Mafia hangout, adorned with antiques and unique appointments. As for the menu, it's in keeping with the Jeff Ruby tradition; delicious, innovative, and out-of-this-world. And with 15 steaks, it's Ruby's most comprehensive menu ever. The old Hollywood glamour and delicious cuisine promise a meal and experience to remember.
Cincinnati
“Now That's a Steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I grew up in Cincinnati, spent alot of my hard earned dollars at the Waterfront, Precinct and hadn't eaten here since 2010. That was a business meal with a $6800.00 bill, reward for setting a national record, ouch and I had forgotten had good the food is. I took my daughter for a steak and luckily was seated in Adrians section. Now he has a great support staff, but I sure enjoyed the pampering. I had the signature bone in filet, their legendary Mac and Cheese, Scalloped potatoes. My daughter Never shares her shrimp cocktail, orders four, I got two and they were excellent. The bread is great, I chose not to eat a salad, but had some of my daughters Iceberg Wedge, super good Blue Cheese dressing. The steak was huge, I ate half of it before I touched anything else. I again forgot what a properly aged, cooked steak was all about. Adrian walked another order by, I believe he called it the Tomahawk, Fred Flintstone size, bone in monster, that hang off the plate, enough for the whole family. The mac and cheese, scalloped potatoes, as always, were excellent, I'll be eating the remainder for lunch. The best was my cheese cake with berries, my daughter ate the lava cake, not sharing this time.

Cincinnati
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We haven't been to this restaurant in several years. So glad that we came back!! Tom was an excellent server...engaged in conversation with us besides telling us about the menu, etc. He didn't rush us and allowed us time to enjoy each segment of the meal. Even when we were enjoying our coffee after dinner we never felt rushed. Dinner is expensive, but for special occasions it is definitely worth it. We found everyone to be extremely friendly. We will be returning to Carlo and Johnny!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great service and quiet room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of 7 people and sat in the quiet room in the back. Great service and tasty food. Excellent service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Spoiled on Mother's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My daughter treated me to $38 Mother's Day that was replete with everything you'd expect for brunch at a steakhouse: steak station, omelet station, dessert station, & chocolate truffle station! Food was amazing, staff was par example, everything perfect. Knowing it's a Jeff Ruby resto, we expected only the very best & our high expectations were met.

Definitely a splurge site to treat oneself on special occasions. We'll probably make this a Mom's Day tradition. Bottle of perfectly chilled Prosecco was proffered at a reasonable price of $35. They definitely made my day & the place is not the least bit stuffy. Loved it!!

• Visited May 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I expected exceptional steaks and was not disappointed. We had Alaskan crab starter which was great, then a main of filet on the bone. This was fabulous and certainly worth returning for. Service was attentive and good and wine list great. Not quite to my taste was the decor; it seemed dated and without much character or style for a restaurant that offers such great food and that can be quite expensive.

Visited May 2013