“Delicious and amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlo & Johnny is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,725 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Following the Jeff Ruby tradition of fine dining in unique settings is Carlo & Johnny. This beautiful mansion has a storied history as a casino and Mafia hangout, adorned with antiques and unique appointments. As for the menu, it's in keeping with the Jeff Ruby tradition; delicious, innovative, and out-of-this-world. And with 15 steaks, it's Ruby's most comprehensive menu ever. The old Hollywood glamour and delicious cuisine promise a meal and experience to remember.
“Delicious and amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The service and food are both incredible. Ruby has amazing restaurants in town and this is one of them. The raw bar is one of a kind for the Cincinnati area.

Visited June 2012

“Best steak in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best steak in town. You can feel safe going to any of Ruby's restaurants. Oh and if you like Mac and cheese get it. It is awesome.

Visited July 2012
Cincinnati
“Easter Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the second year in a row that we've enjoyed Easter Brunch at this establishment. A very nice and welcomming staff. A large selection of food, including salmon (broiled and chilled), ham, sausage, bagels, variety of eggs (including omlets made to order), potatoe dishes, broiled chicken, fresh fruit and cheese, beef, waffels w/flavored sauces, mini desserts (including an assortment of chocolates and cheescake and key lime pie). A variety of cocktails and coffee are available for purchase. A pleasant atmosphere and enjoyed by all. We'll definitely be going back next year!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monroe, Ohio
“Jeff Ruby does not disappoint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife took me here for my birthday and it was a great present. From Ruby restaurant to Ruby restaurant the menu does not change significantly and the steaks never disappoint.

We started with shrimp cocktail with HUGE tiger shrimp and a wonderful cocktail sauce with just the right amount of punch. That was followed with Freddie salads - a simple salad with perfect ranch dressing.

I had the Collinsworth steak. Frankly, I've decided I'd prefer my steak "naked" but with one swipe of my fork I took care of that and my steak was perfectly cooked and delicious.

My wife had the chef's special which was 3 filet tenderloins in three different preparations. I wouldn't do their descriptions justice but will tell you that my wife cleaned her plate.
We shared perfectly cooked asparagus and just okay potatoes au gratin.

Overall I had a very nice birthday meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Expensive, but worth every dime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This above TOP SHELF restaurant was recommended by friends and this visit was to celebrate our anniversary. Service is spectacular and the wait staff is there to handle ALL your needs. The raw seafood bar is wonderful, if that's your thing. We love oysters, shrimp, and crab and our server put together and generous array which could not have been any fresher.. Most restaurants prepare a steak "close" to how you like it, but this time.. our steaks were PERFECT! and very juicy. Side dishes are a la carte and plenty to share.. The server told us that desserts are different every night. IF you have room for a taste, I'd recommend you skip the raw seafood and salad. Unfortunately, we didn't and couldn't stuff another piece of food in our mouth.. Excellent place, but probably best for special occasions and not a weekly or monthly event.. too indulgent! Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013