“GREAT CHINESE FOOD IN CINCINNATI” 5 of 5 stars
Review of China Gourmet

China Gourmet
3340 Erie Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45208-1624 (Hyde Park)
513-871-6612
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
China Gourmet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 1,727 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Chinese, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Cross street: Marburg
Cincinnati, Ohio
“GREAT CHINESE FOOD IN CINCINNATI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband I had a wonderful dinner. The bartender was great and educated me on new martini combinations. The seafood was fresh and perfectly prepared. The lobster and walleye were fabulous. The owner also educated us on exotic Chinese vegetables which were delicious. All together we had a wonderful relaxing evening.

• Visited December 2012

80% Recommend
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Try The Stir-Fried Oysters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife & I try to get to the China Gourmet about once/month - especially on a (Tuesday) night if they are having their lobster special (I like it Cantonese style). Their specials change, so it helps to check their website menu for the current special-of-the-day.

But anyway, on our last trip my wife decided to try their Stir-fried Oysters and they were EXCELLENT! - Super plump and juicy. I was amazed at their size! (they come from Virginia) because we had been down at Apalachicola, FL this summer (where they do a LOT of oystering) and their local oysters were positively puny by comparison.

And we had lots of other good things - The Hot & Sour soup, and the 100% soup, and the Duck Spring Rolls.

• Visited November 2012
“Outstanding Chinese Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I've been dining at China Gourmet for almost 30 years. It is outstanding. The "gourmet" in the name is what you get. Great food, expertly prepared, served professionally, tables with tablecloths, in a comfortable atmosphere that's not too formal but not too casual -- just right. Many of the staff have been there for years. This restaurant is very well known among the locals, and we see many of the same people time after time. They usually have several off menu items and specials, so be sure to ask about these. But I've never been disappointed by anything I've tried. After experiencing this restaurant for so long, I find it very difficult going to other Chinese restaurants including the well known chains.

“Excellent Chinese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had an exchange student from China, who was looking to have a taste of home. THe owner came out and talked to her for a while, before deciding on something that was not even on the menu. She enjoyed her emal, and we enjoyed the extar effort by everyone there.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Dicent selection food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

As chinies buffet it is dicent place. I been here few times an thinking would be ne to add some think in atmosphere of this buffet or lower price or give a coupons to a repeted gouests for some % off next time dining in.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to China Gourmet? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage China Gourmet, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.