“Great Steak - Pricey” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,721 restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 71 in Rookwood Commons
“Great Steak - Pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Me and my fiance went there and purchased the 2 lowest cost steaks. They were the best steaks I ever had. Still spent 70+ and drank water but it was worth it!

Visited April 2013

85% Recommend
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I eat at JALEX at least twice a week for lunch. This place is consistently fantastic. The salads are huge and always well done. The pasta soup, a daily item, is off the charts. It sounds boring but it is one of the best soups I have ever eaten - seriously. Get it.

The service is amazing, particularly in the bar. Scott and Kylie in particular stand out and could work anywhere in the city. I know this place is a chain - upscale one albeit - but I've never had a bad meal here. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
Indianapolis
“Always consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went to J. Alexander's this afternoon during their brunch time. We were seated quickly, and politely. Almost as soon as we were seated we were greeted by our very pleasant server who asked for our drink order.
My wife ordered the eggs benedict with lump crab, and I, as always, ordered the prime rib sandwich. I could not believe the amount of crab meat on her eggs, and she said that it was absolutely delicious.
My prime rib sandwich was fantastic! About 1/2 inch thick, perfectly cooked, and just "plain delicious". And the smashed potatoes, great.
We have always enjoyed having a meal at J. Alexander's, and I am sure that you will too if you go.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Always a special place to go. The service is very good. Staff is well prepared and does everything first class. Love the menu selection. Worth the visit every time.

Visited January 2013
NY
“Not a good place for vegetarians”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Seems like a nice place, and they do a great business - so must have something going for them! We had 2 special needs diners at the restaurant. One had their needs met. The other was a vegetarian and they could not offer a single dinner that included a vegetarian protein - so they brought a little tin of chopped nuts as a side. Ordered the grilled zucchini - and it was tasty! Though it was 5 thin slices - not much for $5. I'm sure it's a good place for carnivores . . .

• Visited January 2013