“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,705 restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 71 in Rookwood Commons
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I eat at JALEX at least twice a week for lunch. This place is consistently fantastic. The salads are huge and always well done. The pasta soup, a daily item, is off the charts. It sounds boring but it is one of the best soups I have ever eaten - seriously. Get it.

The service is amazing, particularly in the bar. Scott and Kylie in particular stand out and could work anywhere in the city. I know this place is a chain - upscale one albeit - but I've never had a bad meal here. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013

84% Recommend
Indianapolis
“Always consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went to J. Alexander's this afternoon during their brunch time. We were seated quickly, and politely. Almost as soon as we were seated we were greeted by our very pleasant server who asked for our drink order.
My wife ordered the eggs benedict with lump crab, and I, as always, ordered the prime rib sandwich. I could not believe the amount of crab meat on her eggs, and she said that it was absolutely delicious.
My prime rib sandwich was fantastic! About 1/2 inch thick, perfectly cooked, and just "plain delicious". And the smashed potatoes, great.
We have always enjoyed having a meal at J. Alexander's, and I am sure that you will too if you go.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Always a special place to go. The service is very good. Staff is well prepared and does everything first class. Love the menu selection. Worth the visit every time.

Visited January 2013
NY
“Not a good place for vegetarians”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Seems like a nice place, and they do a great business - so must have something going for them! We had 2 special needs diners at the restaurant. One had their needs met. The other was a vegetarian and they could not offer a single dinner that included a vegetarian protein - so they brought a little tin of chopped nuts as a side. Ordered the grilled zucchini - and it was tasty! Though it was 5 thin slices - not much for $5. I'm sure it's a good place for carnivores . . .

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Never Disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at J. Alexander's in Rookwood Commons on several occasions, but we had not been there in over a year. We just ate there again last night with another couple and, as always, the dinner was terrific. We shared appetizers of fried calamari and fire roasted artichokes, both of which were very good. I had the double pork chop and it was delicious! The four of us shared the carrot cake for desert and, while surprised to see it served warm, it was still great! My wife had the salmon and the orzo pasta and it was as good as ever. The service was good and not rushed and our server was not at all intrusive.

All in all it was the consistent and good food we have always experienced at J. Alexander's and the low pressure service that made for an enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited January 2013