“lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,747 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 71 in Rookwood Commons
Cincinnati, Ohio
“lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Always a special place to go. The service is very good. Staff is well prepared and does everything first class. Love the menu selection. Worth the visit every time.

Visited January 2013

NY
“Not a good place for vegetarians”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Seems like a nice place, and they do a great business - so must have something going for them! We had 2 special needs diners at the restaurant. One had their needs met. The other was a vegetarian and they could not offer a single dinner that included a vegetarian protein - so they brought a little tin of chopped nuts as a side. Ordered the grilled zucchini - and it was tasty! Though it was 5 thin slices - not much for $5. I'm sure it's a good place for carnivores . . .

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Never Disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at J. Alexander's in Rookwood Commons on several occasions, but we had not been there in over a year. We just ate there again last night with another couple and, as always, the dinner was terrific. We shared appetizers of fried calamari and fire roasted artichokes, both of which were very good. I had the double pork chop and it was delicious! The four of us shared the carrot cake for desert and, while surprised to see it served warm, it was still great! My wife had the salmon and the orzo pasta and it was as good as ever. The service was good and not rushed and our server was not at all intrusive.

All in all it was the consistent and good food we have always experienced at J. Alexander's and the low pressure service that made for an enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, Ohio
“Birthday Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Every year I take my wife for her birthday dinner. She loves the steak and the salads. Salads have gotten a little smaller over the years, but are still excellent. Steaks are always tender and juicy. Menu has expanded and we now bring are kids. The atmosphere is upscale and inviting. The service has always been first rate. Bar service is excellent with a wide array of liquors available.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We enjoyed everything about our meal. Our service was spectacular. The aiters timing was perfect, his manner and humor spot on. I had the filet and my steak was so tender I could almost cut it with my fork. My wife had the salmon was very impressed. Salads were great and the sides were done to our liking. Everything was very flavorful and the drinks were made well too. Its a tad pricey but I walked away feeling like I go my money's worth.

• Visited November 2012