“Great Decor, Great Beer Menu, Food Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #543 of 1,725 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Hamburgers, British, Pub, Fish & Chips
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Located at Rookwood Commons in Hyde Park, The Pub offers a unique combination of British hospitality and American flair. Best known for our signature Fish-n-Chips, guests can also enjoy an assortment of appetizers, sandwiches, burgers and classic British comfort food. The beverage selection includes a wide variety of draught (draft), cask conditioned and handcrafted beers with selections from England, Ireland, Scotland, Europe and the USA. In addition there is a comprehensive list of single malt scotches, small batch and single barrel bourbons, wines and specialty cocktails. The authentic atmosphere and unique experience make The Pub a great place to dine, drink and gather.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Decor, Great Beer Menu, Food Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was really expecting something special when I went through the doors of this authentic looking pub in the Hyde Park area of Cincinnati. Fantastic decor!. The Menu proved to have very little food and a lot of beer. Now if you are going for the beer and a few"chips" this IS the place. The menu is very very sparse however. For example it is now the "lenten season" and outside of some really greasy fish and chips there is almost nothing on the menu to eat and "be legal".I ended up with Asparagus Soup ( served in a cup size 1/2 full for $3.50- no bargain for a 1/4 cup size serving)tasty and a medium sized spinach - artichoke pizza - in a sharable size for $9.95 which was very bland but a "good value".
The waiter was a "smart -mouthed" when asked about Lenten offerings ( there were none) and could not seem to bring a cup of tea until mid-meal and this folks was "lunch".. my husband is "in love " with this place- and truly men WILL love the beer/ menu. As for me, I will be go back with my spouse for another "lunch or dinner" to keep him "happy".. but this certainly is NOT my first choice in Hyde Park . There are a lot better places !

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

46% Recommend
“Good Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Real Pub atmosphere with a great selection of good beers. Food is typical "pub" and some are British style. Great for a visit after work or at weekends.

• Visited December 2012
Cincinnati, OH
“Great beer selection which is needed badly in Cincy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It's so hard to find a decent bar in Cincinnati that serves anything better than common domestic swill. The pub has too many different beers to list and that is only counting the ones on tap. They have many many more in bottles available from around the world. The selection is very UK-centric which is understandable since it is an "English Pub." They also have a rotating draft selection as well as a rotating cask ale selection! Cask ales are super hard to find most places, Cincy especially. I was looking to try a few different beers, which I did, and at one point I asked the bartender what the best beer they had on tap was. He reccomended a scottish ale and I would have to say he was right, it was delicious. I had an appetizer while I was there, but for the life of me I can't remember which one I had so clearly it wasn't too memorable. I would agree with a previous reviewer that it is a bit of a "yuppie" crowd but as I tend to keep to myself or my group at the bar this didn't bother me. Overall I had a good time and I plan to go back.

• Visited June 2012
Glasgow, Kentucky
“super friendly waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The waiter we had was super friendly. And the manager came over a few times to make sure we were ok and to apologize that the Olympic coverage wasn't being broadcast. The Bangers & Mash that had was excellent. The wife really enjoyed her chicken cobb sandwich. The only downside was the portion size of the pretzel bread that came with the beer cheese appetizer. There was barely enough to use with the cheese.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“It was pleasant early dinner with family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The place was lively with customers on a Wednesday evening. We enjoyed an English type of food and beer as expected. The food prices were a bit higher than our last visit. But it was not outrages. They do carry a great Beer selection from around the globe. The Beer prices are reasonable compare to other places in town.

• Visited April 2012