“Good Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #297 of 1,740 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Hamburgers, British, Pub, Fish & Chips
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Located at Rookwood Commons in Hyde Park, The Pub offers a unique combination of British hospitality and American flair. Best known for our signature Fish-n-Chips, guests can also enjoy an assortment of appetizers, sandwiches, burgers and classic British comfort food. The beverage selection includes a wide variety of draught (draft), cask conditioned and handcrafted beers with selections from England, Ireland, Scotland, Europe and the USA. In addition there is a comprehensive list of single malt scotches, small batch and single barrel bourbons, wines and specialty cocktails. The authentic atmosphere and unique experience make The Pub a great place to dine, drink and gather.
Cincinnati, OH
“Good Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Real Pub atmosphere with a great selection of good beers. Food is typical "pub" and some are British style. Great for a visit after work or at weekends.

• Visited December 2012

Cincinnati, OH
“Great beer selection which is needed badly in Cincy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It's so hard to find a decent bar in Cincinnati that serves anything better than common domestic swill. The pub has too many different beers to list and that is only counting the ones on tap. They have many many more in bottles available from around the world. The selection is very UK-centric which is understandable since it is an "English Pub." They also have a rotating draft selection as well as a rotating cask ale selection! Cask ales are super hard to find most places, Cincy especially. I was looking to try a few different beers, which I did, and at one point I asked the bartender what the best beer they had on tap was. He reccomended a scottish ale and I would have to say he was right, it was delicious. I had an appetizer while I was there, but for the life of me I can't remember which one I had so clearly it wasn't too memorable. I would agree with a previous reviewer that it is a bit of a "yuppie" crowd but as I tend to keep to myself or my group at the bar this didn't bother me. Overall I had a good time and I plan to go back.

• Visited June 2012
Glasgow, Kentucky
“super friendly waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The waiter we had was super friendly. And the manager came over a few times to make sure we were ok and to apologize that the Olympic coverage wasn't being broadcast. The Bangers & Mash that had was excellent. The wife really enjoyed her chicken cobb sandwich. The only downside was the portion size of the pretzel bread that came with the beer cheese appetizer. There was barely enough to use with the cheese.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“It was pleasant early dinner with family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The place was lively with customers on a Wednesday evening. We enjoyed an English type of food and beer as expected. The food prices were a bit higher than our last visit. But it was not outrages. They do carry a great Beer selection from around the globe. The Beer prices are reasonable compare to other places in town.

• Visited April 2012
Loveland Ohio
“Yuppie, loud, Great Service, ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

We visited on a Monday night, Quiz night.
The place was packed by 630, parking lot was full so we had to park in the strip mall lot & walk. We sat ourselves, but were brought a menu & drink list almost immediately. The waitress wear these little plad skirts and high socks. My husband was in awe, I was not.
First I'll explain the crowd, yuppie. Young professionals. Almost everybody was dressed nice, like business casual.
The true pub decor was awesome looking. Lots of wood & cushioned bar stools. There were a few royal looking kings chairs at some of the tables. The bathroom was nice. Awesome dyson hand dryer, you have to use it to see how neat it was.
Monday (maybe other days too) till 7 they have 1/2 price, 1/2 portion appitizers. We got 2 mini slider burgers for $4. They had carmilized onions & a pickle chip on them. The flavor was really good, but I thought that was really $$ for the size. Then at 7 the price of the fish & chips meal is 1/2 off. So after our appitizer we ordered 2 fish & chips. The portion is HUGE for $7. I couldn't finish all of mine. The fish is fried & served over steak fries w/ a lemon wedge & a side of tarter sauce. The fish is good, not great. The batter is good, but greasy. The tarter sauce is awesome. The food came out in a rather quick time & it was really hot. We had to ask 3 people for silverware.
Quiz night is fun, they hand out raffle style tickets and a sheet of paper for those who want to play. The questions are read over the loud speaker system. Prizes are given. It was fun, but sometimes the crowd is a bit loud & you miss part of the question & have to ask someone at a near by table.
I probably won't go back because I don't fit into the yuppie category, it's too crowded & loud, and without the special deals the prices are a bit much.

• 2 of 5 stars Food