“Fantastic view, food good, though relies on reputation too much” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 1,750 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic view, food good, though relies on reputation too much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great view out onto the river. Service was okay(could have been better), food was not particularly memorable. I had the pulled pork...it was just fine, but Ive had much better elsewhere....

I had been very excited to try this place out from the rave reviews the locals have given me for here. However, I think that the restaurant seems to rely too much on its location and reputation rather than the actual substance of the food served.

There was nothing wrong with it, but it just wasnt memorable - it didnt give me anything to take away from the experience....

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Missouri
“Exceptional food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Excellent food, service and views overlooking the river. Not to be missed on your next trip to Cincinnati.

Visited June 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Good food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was our first time eating here and it was very enjoyable. The service and food was very good and the atmosphere and view was great. I recommend the chicken a rice soup for a starter and the pork chop was delicious. After dinner we walked around the restaurant along the river. We have put this restaurant on our "must visit again" list.

Visited June 2014
Troy, Ohio
“Wonderful Ribs! Fall Off the bone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I truly enjoyed my meal at Montgomery Inn Boathouse! The ribs were fall off the bone good, the sweet potato was good, the strawberry shortcake was great. I was stuffed!! We even had a corner table with a great view of the river.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Great Food and View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Noteworthy for its barbecue, the Boathouse did not disappoint. Four of us had ribs and all enjoyed it so very much. The sides of steamed broccoli and baked potatoes, also done to perfection. The lava cake dessert finished off a great meal. All made the better for the view of the Ohio River. Will go again when I next visit Cincinnati.

• Visited April 2014