“yummy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #541 of 1,750 Restaurants in Cincinnati
French Lick, Indiana
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Always love the Cracker Barrel and it was right next to our hotel. We had dinner there after a long day of troubles; our van broke down, wipers quit in the middle of a down pour. It was nice to be able to sit down and relax in this nice, quiet atmosphere after such a hard day.

Visited May 2013

Virginia
“A different experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Over the years I have eaten at Cracker Barrels a few times. The food is definitely Southern and American comfort. I used to enjoy it, but I guess what has changed are my expectations. The menu is heavy on unhealthy food from fried foods to gravies and salty biscuits. Clearly popular with the older generation. What was strange about this locations was the lack of a crowd. I've always had to wait in line - that's what the rocking chairs outside are for - but here the restaurant was probably only a quarter-full at 5:45PM. Nice April day so not the weather. Perhaps too early in the season for travellers. The other thing I noticed was that the manager went around to the tables asking the customers about their experience. This was a nice touch, except he only stopped at tables with more than 2 diners. As a solo diner I don't get it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, Pennsylvania
“Favorite Smokehouse Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Travelling south on I-71 and just south of Kings Island at Exit 19 a sign reaching skyward (Cracker Barrel) enticed us off the busy interstate to the warmth of this fine restaurant. Quickly seated, order taken and soon delivery of my favorite Smokehouse Breakfast. There was no fire in the fireplace but the waitstaff was warm and friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not so good experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The staff is very friendly but not very accommodating. I ordered the Eggs in a Basket that they are promoting and I asked for medium well eggs, they came out BOILED! It was like Easter all over! The sausage was overcooked and the coffee weak. It was not a very good experience. The manager did comp my meal but they were not very sympathetic about any of it. I mean, it wasn't my fault.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere