“FANTASTIC WORTH YOUR EFFORT TO GO” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brown Dog Cafe

Brown Dog Cafe
5893 Pfeiffer Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (Blue Ash)
(513) 794-1610
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,700 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Blue Ash
Cross street: Pfeiffer and I-71
Jacksonville, Florida
“FANTASTIC WORTH YOUR EFFORT TO GO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

we were referred to this restaurant by family relatives, we were driving through Cincinnati and decided to give it a shot. I will never regret going there. I had a steamer pot as a appetizer beautifully executed -- shrimp, mussels, scallops in a steaming and savory broth with "cuban bread' which went great to soak up the broth. Then I had a salad fresh just the right amount of dressing and all fresh greens. For the main course I had the wild boar cooked perfectly and full of flavor, came with a duck confit and southern greens. My partner had the rabbit empanadas as a appetizer and baby bleu salad, and the lamb chops just perfect. For dessert I had their trio of "homemade" ice cream. Again, all I can say please make it a effort to go. We went on Monday night and thank God we had reservation it is a small restaurant and fills up quickly. Along with all this praise the service is spot on excellent service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

'Brown Dog' is one of our favorite restaurants. Small, tucked away, comfortable booths, nice wine list and full bar, and we particularly love the appetizers and salads. We make a meal of those at the end of a long day. Fresh, seasonal ingredients with a nice range of main courses as well. Excellent service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Akron, Ohio
“The raves are accurate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in the Blue Ash area and decided to try the Brown Dog based on its proximity to our hotel (5 minute drive) and the great reviews on Trip Advisor. It turned out to be a great choice. Although it was a Saturday evening and we had no reservation, we were greeted promptly by the friendly host who led us right to the only empty table in the place. The interior is warm and inviting and very well appointed (belying its understated exterior appearance in a retail strip plaza). Service was attentive, wine list broad enough to satisfy a range of tastes and budgets, the menu is varied and eclectic with everything freshly prepared. Awesome breads. We were too full for dessert but the offerings looked very tempting. Not cheap, but worth the price. Figure $40-50 per person with a glass of wine and dessert.... More if you add appetizers or salads.

Visited April 2013
Cincinnati, OH
“Brown dog is top dog”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Tucked into a strip mall setting, one doesn't expect much when entering. First glance at the menu will raise your expectations as they offer both traditional dishes as well as interesting entrees that you may not have tried before. Then the food arrives and any remaining hesitation is quickly abandoned. Highly recommend the Brown Dog.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A strip mall secret!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This restaurant way outshines its surroundings! What a surprise find. I was visiting from out of town, found this restaurant through TripAdvisor, and gave it a try. With a group of 4 on a Saturday night without a reservation, we were seated in 10 minutes. Our waitress was highly knowledgeable and friendly, and went out of her way to make the party happy. I enjoyed the Mediterranean plate (hummus), the NY strip as my entree, and the chocolate/banana cake. Everything was fresh, cooked to order, and professionally plated. The price tag was reasonable for what I felt was a 5-star dining experience. The fresh baked bread with marinated/roasted garlic cloves was the icing on the proverbial cake! If I am ever in Cincinnati again, I will make it a point to visit the Brown Dog Cafe again. Great experience!

• Visited March 2013