“Brown dog is top dog” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brown Dog Cafe

Brown Dog Cafe
5893 Pfeiffer Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (Blue Ash)
(513) 794-1610
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brown Dog Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,777 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Neighborhood: Blue Ash
Cross street: Pfeiffer and I-71
“Brown dog is top dog”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Tucked into a strip mall setting, one doesn't expect much when entering. First glance at the menu will raise your expectations as they offer both traditional dishes as well as interesting entrees that you may not have tried before. Then the food arrives and any remaining hesitation is quickly abandoned. Highly recommend the Brown Dog.

• Visited April 2013

Suwanee, Georgia
“A strip mall secret!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This restaurant way outshines its surroundings! What a surprise find. I was visiting from out of town, found this restaurant through TripAdvisor, and gave it a try. With a group of 4 on a Saturday night without a reservation, we were seated in 10 minutes. Our waitress was highly knowledgeable and friendly, and went out of her way to make the party happy. I enjoyed the Mediterranean plate (hummus), the NY strip as my entree, and the chocolate/banana cake. Everything was fresh, cooked to order, and professionally plated. The price tag was reasonable for what I felt was a 5-star dining experience. The fresh baked bread with marinated/roasted garlic cloves was the icing on the proverbial cake! If I am ever in Cincinnati again, I will make it a point to visit the Brown Dog Cafe again. Great experience!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“What a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stambled across this unassuming establishment right next to my hotel in Blue Ash Cincinnati. I had noticed it but was not attracted by the name or location. I tried it tonight and was blown away. These people understand, ambience, atmosphere, service, manors, politeness and most of all, really good food. The menu is different, not just ribs and burgers. Fine quality food with a twist. Check their menu online because I cant do it justice in this review. I will be back for sure.

• Visited March 2013
“One of our favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We've been going to this restaurant for years - it is our all time favorite. The food is prepared very conscientiously, is delicious and not your usual fare for Cincinnati. The wait staff is like family and never steers you wrong if you need recommendations. Highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“good as remembered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

it had been awhile since we had dinner here but never for lunch..took our grandson there for his 25th birthday lunch and we all three agreed it was very tasty..and believe me grandson is picky..give him a bowl of rice(white yet!) and he's happy..his italian sandwich looked delish but our salads (chicken citron) and bleu chicken ) were fresh, seasoned perfectly and neither of us generally eat the bread we got seconds on this one . it was valentines day so they were busy although it looked more like business lunches happening and service was slow but to his credit the owner pitched in busing and bringing that good bread to us. we plan to go again for lunch and dinner..it's in a small shopping area but nearby are ursuline academy and the crown plaza hotel ,so if you pass one of them,you've gone to far..it's access. by 71N,exit pfeiffer rd. worth the effort.

• Visited February 2013