“Haven't typed up a review for half a year; this restaurant has brought me back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arrechissimo

Ranked #140 of 1,750 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

to talk about it, because holy mother of everything blessed and beautiful in this world was I impressed with what I ate at this location. First, some background: this restaurant is located in Deer Park, my hometown, a block from my mother's house. It began as an ice cream shop owned by a local family; it changed hands several times and was once a vacuum store or something... I figured it would go empty for a while.

Turns out, there's Venezuelan cuisine located here now. I was too curious to pass it by, and made a point to visit when I visited DP recently. The first day of April was beautiful this year; they had outside seating, which I couldn't refuse. The gentleman working the counter was extremely personable, which is an understatement for the quality of service he provided. He immediately directed me to what I wanted to eat, like some sort of food service genie psychic,

"This" He points to the dish featured in the picture for the article in the paper. Spiced Beef, Beans, Rice, Plantains. I was stoked; I hadn't looked much but hadn't found plantains like I had in the Caribbean. Venezuela sounds like a place that can cook them up.

And wow did they make everything about as perfect as I could have hoped for. Don't let the styrofoam box throw you off; what is inside is of the upmost quality, and I can safely assume authenticity. Eating the perfectly-fried plantains during one of the first truly nice Cincinnati days dragged my soul back to a place from my past; the experience was truly spiritual, sitting in the place I know as home.

The black beans mixed with the rice superbly; the beef was tender and spiced to perfection, definitely not too spicy for standard tastes but unique and flavorful.

The bonus? First drink he recommends: Passion Fruit Juice.

My God, it's like they know everything about me.

I left extra for the meal for him and the lovely lady who prepared the meal. I plan on taking my family there soon during another nice day; perhaps they will have an amazing experience as well.

Go there. Eat there food. Keep them around. I can't wait to try the Arepas next time.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Love it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Our lunch at Arrechissimo was great. Good food, excellent friendly service. I had the chicken arepas and passionfruit drink which were wonderful. Especially enjoyed the drink. My husband enjoyed his Venezuelan Typical Plate of rice, shredded beef, black beans and plantains. Can't wait to go back. It is a takeout restaurant, but does have a couple outdoor tables for the warmer months. I've never had Venezuelan food before, but as good as this was, it must be authentic.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
bucaramanga
“Some of the best arepas I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I absolutely LOVE Arrechissimo! It is very unassuming, and if you aren't watching where you're going, you may miss it. Don't miss it though!! The food is amazing and Javier, the owner, is very friendly and helpful. You can tell that he is proud of what he is serving, and he should be proud! Even living in South America, I didn't eat arepas as delicious as the ones I have had here at Arrechissimo! Definitely try the sweet plantains, and the tequenos (a twist on mozzarella sticks) also!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beijing, China
“The only place in Cincinnati to get authentic Venezuelan food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Arepas, la reina pepeada, pabellon criollo, tequenos, tostones, quesillo, soon to have cachapas...this no frills joint is exactly of the best kind - great carefully prepared food that is authentic and delicious. There is no indoor seating area, just a few tables outside so the majority of people get it to go - which means you miss out on hanging out with the super friendly owner Javier. He's got a great story that once you hear will make you want to support arrechissimo. Try it out and you won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2013