“Horseshoe wasn't a ringer:(” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 84 attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Casinos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Our 100,000 square foot gaming floor features nearly 2,000 slots, 88 table games, a 31 table poker room and in-house linked and standalone progressive jackpots all on one level!
Cincinnati
6 attraction reviews
“Horseshoe wasn't a ringer:(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My recent visit to the Horseshoe was not what I had hoped at all. Much higher expectations. When we first arrived all we wanted to do was park. Casino lot was full even though there were several cars exiting. We turned around and asked the valet attendant where to park. She said follow the signs to the overflow garage. A block and a half away we found the $6 garage. I turned around and thought i would park behind the casino(directly behind), there it cost $5 dollars. First casino I've been to where we had to pay to park.
We proceeded inside. Beautiful. It was nice. We walked around and started gaming. The slots did not seem to have any sort of return. Did not hear that many winning the entire night. Machines were a little confusing too. There was a 1 cent slot that the minimum bet was 40 cents. As the hour went we started to get hungry so we decided to walk around and choose from one of the many restaurants there. The Jimmy Buffets place was too loud for our liking so we moved to the steak place which was way to expensive. Then we looked a burger place that was so crowded. We also went to the Buffet and wow, the line looked like an amusement park ride. The line snaked round and round. All this walking around made us thirsty but guess what, No Complimentary Drinks! What? Every Casino I have ever been to has had free soda and water, not this one.
That was it. We left and headed to Joe's Crab Shack where we enjoyed a wonderful dinner.
Overall, Expensive, pay for parking, no free drinks, pretty. I wont be going back anytime soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Never again..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We started our afternoon at the buffet, that was our first mistake. The food was absolutely horrible and I would have expected it to at least be average for the price. Neither of us could eat it so we left hungry and began hitting the slots. The machines didn't seem to pay off like the ones at Hollywood casino. It was really a wasted day and money that I would have rather spent elsewhere.

CINCINNATI OHIO
“I love the shoe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I love the fact that th casino is not smoking, the guy who said the non smoking is repressive can go outside while we enjoy the clean air inside,

We think the buffet is very good.

Some people just like to complain- I guess

I have won many times there over two thousand each time

Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“Nice decor, lousy buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We belong to Harrah's Total Rewards Player's Club, so they sent us a nice promotion--gave us almost $200 in free play plus free buffets. We were going to Kentucky for the weekend, so we decided to stop and take advantage of the freebies.
The décor is light and bright, not dark and dingy like a lot of casinos are. We were there on a Thursday evening and they seemed to have a pretty decent crowd, not packed but not like we were the only ones there, either. We played for a couple of hours and didn't really have any problem getting on a slot machine. We didn't win, but then, you never expect to win.
Then we decided to try the buffet. YUCK! The first station was supposed to be the German station. They had a large skillet of shrimp and what appeared to be fried kolbasi coins. I took a few shrimp. The next dish held bratwurst and some other kind of sausage and sauerkraut and onions--I skipped that one. The other stations were just as pitiful--a few pizzas, a bowl of large meatballs in sauce that were rapidly drying out, and some kind of ravioli in a runny looking cream sauce made up the Italian station. The Mexican station looked to be nothing but sauces, I didn't see any real food there. The Asian station was shrimp in lo mein noodles, I took a small spoon of this. Then we all had to stand in one big line because they have a steaks cooked to order station right beside the station for carving ham and some kind of very red beef. So if you just want a slice of ham, you have to wait till the people in front of you who want steaks are served! I did get two very tiny slices of what was supposed to be bourbon glazed ham. I skipped the salad bar because it was crowded by people standing in front of it to eat their salad so they could take more. I did take four small chunks of pineapple. On my way back to the table, I decided to take a few of the supposed kolbasi coins. Well, it turns out they were slices of terrible hot dogs, fried. All the food was terrible. My meal consisted of four slices of hot dog, one shrimp, one spoonful of shrimp lo mein, two very tiny slices of ham, and four chunks of pineapple. I couldn't even finish the ham, it was so dried out. I did try a dessert, a mini pecan pie. It was okay, except they had topped it with chocolate whipped topping. I discovered that the price for the dinner buffet is $23.99. Had I paid that, I would have been really upset! That buffet is really bad and the casino needs to upgrade it in a hurry.
After "dinner", we played a little more. We did win a little, but not enough to break even. But we had fun playing. The casino staff are very friendly and helpful and I would go back and gamble again. But I would NEVER eat at the buffet again!

Visited October 2013
Corning, New York
45 attraction reviews
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stopped in on Saturday night with five friends for a couple of hours, we all played slots and we all lost. Which we expected. Nothing out of the average, just didn't see anyone hitting anything and the casino was almost full. However we did have a good meal at the burger place.

Visited October 2013