“Pretty good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Fairfield, Ohio
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

One of the better bbq places in Cincinnati, great sweet potato pie, meats are always tender, fried okra very tasty.

Visited January 2013

Virginia
“Makes searching for needles in a haystack worthwhile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I'm a business traveller and spend 4 nights a week away from home, eating out most nights. I try to patronize local businesses rather than the chains but this comes with two risks (1) getting lost -for which the GPS on my iPhone is really helpful and (2) inconsistent experiences. Say what you will about the chains - the experience is consistent.

With that as a preamble I can report that I really enjoyed Walt's. It's off the beaten path for a traveller but still easy to find. The barn-style building does not get many architectural points but for me it's about the food anyhow. I had the 3-pigg sampler with sliders of chicken, pork and beef plus 2 ribs and 1 side (mac& cheese for me) for $10 before tax & tip. All were excellent and the plain barbecue sauce was just what I like - sweet tomato base with no kick. Carolina style and spicy sauces were also on the table for those who prefer other versions.

Clearly a local's place and that is the basis for my one observation. When I came in the hostess gave me the "you're not from around here are you?" look which travellers such as myself can pick up in a minute. After that glance, all was friendly.

Highly recommended

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Bad food bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been loyal customers for more than 10 years. But today was the last time for me. After trying to to call in an order and being put on hold and forgot about 4 times, my husband went over there and ordered our food. After waiting for 20 minutes, he got our food and drove home, then discovered we were givin the wrong order. So he went back, waited another 15 minutes, and got another wrong order. They finally got it right. But the burgers were burnt, the fries were stale and cold and the sauce was old and lumpy. This garbage isn't even edible. This used to be a nice neighborhood restaurant. Now it's just another fast food chain run by a bunch of teenagers. Sad.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Now thats what I call good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We made a special trip out to try Walt's bbq while visiting family. They said we couldn’t leave without trying the best bbq in town. They were right! the food is amazing, scrumptious mac n cheese and yummy ribs! Also the waitress kept my iced tea topped up well.=)

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Ohio
“Best BBQ sauce in Cincinnati, hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

There are two ways to approach BBQ. Either you have the best smoked meats around, or you have a sauce that cannot be beat. Walt's has very good meats (I have had better where the meat needed no sauce what-so-ever), but his sauces are the best. The sides are delicious. You really cannot go wrong no matter what you pick. The big red barn location in Colerain has tons of seating, is clean, family friendly, albeit perhaps a touch noisy. If you visit Cincinnati and love Q, you will not regret stopping here.