“groupon dinner turned around thanks to manager” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Trio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 1,653 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Across from Nordstrom
Transit: Montgomery and Kenwood Rd
Description: Trio, one of Cincinnati's favorite restaurants for over 25 years, is known for serving fresh seafood daily, along with great steaks, extraordinary pasta dishes, generous portions of specially salads, California style pizzas, & a wide range of sandwiches. Trio has become the hot spot of Cincinnati for its extensive wine list. Trio currently serves over 30 different wines by the glass, offering the best California wines by the glass or bottle. During the spring, summer & fall Trio diners may prefer to dine in the Veranda. Trio can accommodate private parties from 24 to 65 guests in one of the private dining rooms. Over the years Trio has received Cincinnati Magazine’s "Best Wine List", "Best Casual Service", "Best Entree", "Best Redesigned Restaurant in Cincinnati". Additionally, TRIO is Zagat rated "Best Casual Service" & "Excellent".
Maineville, Ohio
“groupon dinner turned around thanks to manager”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband George and I purchased a Groupon for Trio and made reservations several days before it expired. Unfortunately we had to wait some 45 minutes past our reservation to be seated (note: they did seat us 10 minutes past reservation in a huge circle booth - not conducive to a romantic date). In the meantime the fish special, halibut with paella, sold out:( But understand that Groupon brings in a crowd.

After another unacceptable seating, we were met by the manager Brett Walls. He turned our night around! He apologized, moved us to an isolated table, gave us a complimentary appetizer and round of drinks, and assigned a great waiter, Alex. The NY strip with bernaise was top-notch (better than many a premium steak house) and the sea bass was very good. We will definitely recommend and return to Trio Bistro!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fishers, Indiana
“Torn between Average/Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I opted to bump the rating up on this because the food is always delicious here; however, the menu has become slightly unimaginative since frequenting the restaurant. Love the smoked salmon flatbread...highly recommend. During my first dining experience at Trio I loved this flatbread so much that I ordered a second to bring home to my husband, but I was paranoid about driving so long with such delicate ingredients. The chef and server thoughtfully packaged each ingredient individually and thoroughly explained how to prepare the flat bread at home. Although this is an unconventional approach to take-home food, I greatly appreciated the forward-thinking and and willingness for the staff to make sure that the flatbread my husband had at home would taste just like one he would have in the restaurant.

Visited June 2013
Edwards, Colorado
“1/2 price wine monday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I went on a recent Monday night and found out that it is 1/2 price bottle of wine night. We had an excellent server and had a great meal. I got the Halibut special which was fantastic with their great Caesar Salad and my wife ordered the short ribs...very good but could have been a little more tender(the only slight negative). All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not impressed - standard fare, high prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I picked Trio to celebrate our one year anniversary. I wish I hadn't. I went based on the reviews I read here, and it really didn't meet my expectations. Our waitress wasn't very attentive, and never did get my drink order correct after the first time. The salads were good (Wedge and Caesar), but after that not so much. I ordered the diver scallops and my wife ordered the short ribs. My scallops arrived and looked like they were from last nights dinner service. The sauce on the plate was dry and not fresh, and the scallops were cold. I don't like my food terribly hot, so if it is too cold for me, that is pretty bad. I sent them back, and waited while I watched my wife eat her food. After a bit I got my meal, and this one looked much better. I wish it tasted as good as it looked. The scallops were tough and rubbery, not at all enjoyable. After complaining once, I figured suck it up and just eat it. Not one time did the manager stop at our table and ask how things were, or check on my meal after it was sent back. He walked past numerous times, but never did bother to check on our table. The short ribs were enjoyable according to my wife, but not blow your socks off amazing. Just standard fare. And, if you are buying drinks, check the price. Ten dollars a piece for the cosmopolitans my wife had. Twenty dollars for two drinks is ridiculous. We won't be returning to this restaurant. I only wish we had another first anniversary so we could celebrate it over again, this time at a better restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Old Faithful, attentive service, good food, great reception.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Lunch is always a treat, excellent crab cakes and salads along with a congenial atmosphere.
Dinner service is always very professional with many good choices, including steak and a most unusual and delicious pork Osso Bocco. The wine list is comprehensive and not too pricey.
Sunday Brunch is a real treat with Omelets made to order at the station along with waffles and all the usual breakfast suspects including an extremely slow toaster. The OJ is freshly squeezed!
Trios is your old reliable stop in the Kenwood area if Cincinnati.

• Visited May 2013