“Traditional Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

(513) 232-5757
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
El Coyote Tex-Mex Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #553 of 1,750 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cross street: Five Mile Road
Montgomery, Ohio, USA
“Traditional Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014 via mobile

We are long time patrons and enjoy El Coyote. We had a party of 8, all arriving at different times. The hostess was kind enough to seat us as we came in, not having to wait for entire party to arrive. Good thing because we couldn't wait to get started on those pitchers of Half and Half Margaritas! We all had different entrees. My petite filet was cooked a nice medium rare. Others had seafood enchiladas, chimichanga, grilled shrimp and pork chops. The pork chops are usually excellent but tonight came out over charred and too well done; not as juicy. We did not send back. Just chalked it up to a busy night. Overall a great night. The $1 up charge for more chips and salsa is a bit petty. Maybe make that the standard but if you have a good check going on a table, waive it.

Visited November 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“An east side icon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

El Coyote has been on the east side of Cincinnati for as long as I can remember. The restaurant has a loyal following, as is obvious the minute you walk into the bar area. Very extensive menu -- everything from prime rib to their signature Tex-Mex. Delicious margaritas, too! The décor is a little dated, but perhaps that's part of their kitschy charm?

• Visited November 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati OH
“It seems like it was better in the past”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

I have eaten here several times over the years and will probably go back at least one more time. It was two of us and we each ordered our own meals. I had the Carne Asada and she had the chicken enchilada. I liked the medallions flavor, they were well seasoned and seemed to be dipped in butter before serving. Even though they were Fillet, I don't think they were fillet mignon as stated. They were a bit tough. I still enjoyed them though and liked the compote (ranchero sauce) that came with them but the onion straws could have stayed in the kitchen. She didn't eat much of the chicken enchilada because it was too dry for her and tasteless. I tasted it and didn't like the flavor. Not sure how to describe it other than a boiled chicken flavor. I wouldn't order that again. The margerita's were good and we ended up spending $37 on margeritas. a half pitcher and then two more. Bit expensive I would say. Our service was great. They are known for their chops and that is what I will get next time.

• Visited November 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Kentucky
“THE HOME OF AN AMAZING PORK CHOP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

Went to El Coyote tonight for a family birthday dinner. There were six of us in the group (5 adults, 1 ten y/o). We were seated very quickly and our server was on point getting first drinks and such. She had our orders in quickly and soon the food began flowing to our table. We all had the pork chops which is sorta of the house special. Let me just say, I swear I heard angels singing when my pork chop was sat down in front of me! The pork chops were amazing to say the least, beautiful thick cut bone in chops. You would think that a pork chop that thick would be tough after cooking all the way through, WRONG!!!! These were the best, most tender pork chops I have had so far in my life. The side items that I got (mashed potatoes) were absolutely great too! There was no way I could have had a better meal on a great birthday( unless my mom cooked dinner!). So, whether it's a birthday dinner or just any dinner and your in the mood for some great pork chops, don't hesitate to go to El Coyote!

Visited September 2014
Batavia, Ohio
“Patio is fine for cat-lovers and smokers; otherwise don't bother.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

So long to a repeat customer, that even refrains from using your coupons, because we know how slim restaurant margins are, and help support local businesses that way. Even tho we hate all the after-dinner smokers who hang around the Patio, we sat on there with our little dog, leashed, with his own rug & water dish, who has been there with us twice before. The manager came out to tell us, "the Owner is adamant about 'no animals' on the patio." OH REALLY? Except for the owner's 3+ CATS that roam the patio under & on top of tables, unleashed. So we left, so our little dog under control won't scare the poor CATS roaming all over the place.

• Visited September 2014