“Good food but awkward service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Vegetarian, Asian fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good food but awkward service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have a split review for this one so I will go over the food first then the service.

Food was outstanding with a never-ending selection of beer to choose from. The Classic Ranch Salad was crisp and refreshing. Roast Beef Dip Sandwich was with the right amount of horseradish sauce. We got the half sandwich/salad and it was a good meal.

We had to go for lunch because the place had been so packed every time we tried to get in. Literally three deep at the bar and a long wait for a table. Lunch was easy to get it.

Now I thought that i order the Roast Beef dip salad with the fries along with a salad. The waitress interpreted it as a half sandwich/half salad which was fine and kind of understandable. . The waitress did not bring out our food. When server brought out a salad and put it in front of me, I thought it was mine, so I began eating it. Another server brought my Rogue Dad's Little Helper and I made the comment that the waitress has not served any of our food but only took our order. Well the waitress comes by and says the salad was for my friend and that I got the half/half. The waitress says that when my half comes out that my friend could have that. Then latter the waitress brings out a side plate and says that when my food comes out, I could slide the salad onto the plate and give to my friend. I look the waitress in the eye and say, why dont you do that in the kitchen instead. I mean it was their mistake, was I supposed to pull my fork out of the salad then push it over to my friend to eat? So my salad comes out and you could tell that the salad with dressing was on my plate and they literally just slide it off. I found this service awkward since it was their mistake. They made me feel like I was taking advantage of them or that I did something wrong. They did not provide stellar service in my opinion. Absolutely loved the food but the service left something to be desired.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House - Cincinnati, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi Patrick K - We can not apologize enough for the unacceptable service you received. Would you mind contacting us so that we can learn more and hopefully turn things back around for you? If you don't mind taking the additional time, please email me at yhguestrelations@darden.com.

Trenton, Ohio
“Dinner before the NKOTB Concert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We came here for beer and dinner before the NKOTB Concert. As you can imagine, the place was PACKED. We arrived around 5pm and waited 30 mins for a table for 5, which we expected.

Beer selection is fantastic, but it took forever to get drinks because they were so busy. 30 mins to get two beers at one point - our waiter said the bartenders were 50 tickets deep.

Our appetizers left something to be desired - they took forever to come out (we were absolutely fine with this, because again, the place was PACKED), and when they did, the sweet potato fries were cold and my husband's roasted artichoke was underdone.

Dinner was hit or miss for our table. My Orange Chicken was out of this world, and my husband's well-done ribeye was perfect. Another member of our party ordered ribs - they came out tough, and had to be cut with a knife...not something a ribs aficionado wants to do.

Will we return? My husband and I will for sure. We've been to the one in Waikiki and loved it, and were so excited when this one opened that we will give them another shot. Unfortunately, the rest of the people in our party weren't impressed, so I can't speak for them.

Visited June 2013
Hi ucas0 - We apologize for the "hit and miss" food and unacceptable service your party received. Regardless of how busy we are, you are deserving of an excellent experience. If time allows, we would appreciate you contacting us at yhguestrelations@darden.com. We would certainly like to try to redeem ourselves.
New Brunswick Canada
“Excellent drinks and appetizers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We dined here twice this week during our first ever visit to Cincinnati. Loved it! Awesome selection of cocktails- I had the grapefruit tequila both nights. The blackened swordfish street tacos are the best I have ever had. Also ordered the pile of onion rings!! The apps are better than the entrees.

My friends had to return the fries both nights as they were freezing cold but the kitchen was quick to replace them with a hot batch. Very helpful wait staff. Fun atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
centerville oh
“Reds vs Pirates June 18th”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My son and I wanted to get some food before the Reds game last night ( June 18th ) being big beer drinkers and not yet having checked out The Yard House we managed to find a two seats at the bar. They were busy, tables had 45 minute wait. This was at about 5:45 for a 7:10 game. Chrissy the tender was nice and helpful but really they needed at least 3 more bar tenders. Hey, let them go home after the game starts, so many were waiting and waiting for service.

Once I got up to use the restroom and looked in the kitchen area...BIG problem, TONS of food dishes sitting waiting to be brought out. I sat down and 10-15 minutes later I saw through the windows the same burgers and plates just sitting there. SOOO I knew what was going to happen, 50-60 minutes later here comes our wings, pizza and nacho's ...stone cold. No one asked "how’s is it" need another napkin? NO. Realize this: it’s going to be a zoo before a game, people have limited time...HIRE people during the rush.

The good? Cool place, good TV’s, food MIGHT have been good if hot, plenty of beer, and Chrissy alerted us right be before happy hour cut off for the food specials.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House - Cincinnati, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hi JeffCentervilleOh - Wow! When dining, our guests deserve prompt service which includes having their meals delivered as soon as they are ready and piping-hot. We are sorry to learn about your visit before taking in the baseball game. Would you mind emailing me at yhguestrelations@darden.com when time allows? I absolutely want to prevent any further disappointments.
Crawfordsville, Indiana, United States
“Biggest on tap beer list I've ever seen.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Higher end place. Has a large food menu, and a gigantic drink menu. Lots of seating as well, our party of 4 got in after a 5 min wait when the place was being flooded after the Reds game. Very impressed.

Visited June 2013