“I will have dreams....” 5 of 5 stars

513-321-0555
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alfio's buon cibo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,761 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Erie & Michigan
Key West, Florida
“I will have dreams....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Had a superior meal with family and there was a lot of moaning and sounds of delight from everyone at the table. Our server Steve was both knowledgable and personable. We tried several dishes! Great ambiance...perfect!!!! I wish I could give them a 6!

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Alfio is a culinary genius!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

There are many chefs but few have the talent and heart of Alfio. He is an artist who uses food to create delicious masterpieces. When attending his wine dinners (strongly recommend!!), he takes a flavor note from a wine and invents a dish that emphasizes the flavors perfectly. He has never made anything we don't LOVE! Plus, his passion for food is contagious and he is the nicest guy in town!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Interesting combination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great place on Hyde Park Square. First time I've ever seen an Italian/Argentine dual menu.
Portions were surprisingly large; lamb risotto was very well done, and they had a pretty nice wine selection as well. We'll be back now that we're close by!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Owings Mills, Maryland
“First time...not the last”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Visiting our son in Cincinnati. He heard great things about Alfios. They were right! He ordered the butternut squash soup which was so good, very thick. The grilled romaine had a great flavored dressing, just a little too much of it. I had the pistachio crusted salmon on top of butternut squash. Very tasty. Took some home. Tasted the chicken risotto and the shrimp and scallop entrees. Everyone loved what they ordered. Katrina, our waitress was very nice too. Vibrant atmosphere, every table filled!

Visited July 2014
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Charming atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

What a wonderful find in the Hyde Park area of Cincinnati. It is a hidden gem for sure! It is well attended by locals who are obviously regulars judged by there familiarity with the servers and the handsome young owner. Steven was an attentive and knowledgeable server who had the patience of a saint--I had to try three separate wines before ordering. Still smiling, he made sure the rest of our meal was just perfect.
My husband had the angus ravioli which he loved. I had the lamb risotto which was good, but I'll try something else if we get a chance to go back on a future trip. The lamb and mushrooms were good, but the risotto was far too gooey and runny for my taste. There were several other choices on the menu which I would like to try. Dessert--the tirimasu mousse was delectable!
Be sure to take time to sit in the square just across from the restaurant to give time for your yummy dinner to settle. The fountain is lovely and soothing. A perfect way to end our evening!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere