“Great Romantic Weekend Getaway!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 21c Museum Hotel

You added 21c Museum Hotel to your Saves list
21c Museum Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   609 Walnut St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Complimentary Upgrade
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great Romantic Weekend Getaway!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I spent a wonderful romantic weekend at this hotel. We booked the Ultimate Romantic package, that included turned down service, breakfast and dinner vouchers, and a voucher for the on site spa. We were very well pampered. Plus this hotel had wonderful art to view and was just across the street from the Aronoff Center, where we were able to see a wonderful show. I highly recommend this hotel for couples looking for a romantic get away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear TamiM1111,
Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for others looking for a great place to spend a romantic weekend. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the art and the arts Cincinnati offers and that you felt properly pampered. We hope to see you again at 21c.
Gerry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at 21C Louisville over Valentine's day weekend. A couple weeks later when heading to Cincinnati, I had a choice of using my chain points...or calling 21C and booking a room. I'm glad I did. We enjoyed the art and really enjoyed the hybrid shower which would have held 3-4 people. The staff saw I had brought drinks and offered to get me a fridge and wine glasses. The only thing I'd improve is recommending restaurants. Luckily, we went on our own and we love, love, love playing with the penguins. They bring out just the right amount of deviance and creativity...and the fact the staff doesn't get wound up about guests posing for pictures, taking one to dinner or anything, is awesome.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear jforehand1972,
Thank you for sharing your experience at 21c with us and for not using your chain points. We are glad that you stayed with us. It is so good to know that you enjoyed your stay and so many aspects of the property. We look forward to your return to 21c and Cincinnati.
Midway, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night here,the cost per night is a little more pricey then what we typically spend but it was so worth it! The location of the hotel is phenomenal. We were literally steps from the Arnoff Theater (where we watched Wicked), very close to the Fountain Square and there were many restaurants within easy walking distance. And the hotel itself is amazing! Wonderfully artistic and funky, great attention to detail. The art work scattered throughout the hotel was interesting,fun and whimsical. The only negative being some of the bars close by where very noisy, my husband and I didn't sleep until they closed. Not much the hotel can do about that...I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Sonya K.,
We appreciate you sharing your recent experience at 21c with us. Thank you for taking the time to write. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you found our location, art and property to be to your liking. We look forward to your return to 21c.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My daughter and I stayed for a weekend spring break trip. Attentive service since we pulled up until our departure this morning. Extreme comfortable beds and pillows. Perfect location for the theatre and the St. pat celebrations in town. Loved the art throughout. They were out of fridges but minor inconvenience. Highly recommend! I will be back!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear suzindy8933,
Thank you for taking time to write and share your experience at 21c. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our location, art and service for your spring break trip. We look forward to your return to 21c and to Cincinnati soon.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at the 21c Museum Hotel in Cincinnati. I went up with some friends on a mid-week getaway and stayed for a night. The hotel is in the heart of downtown Cincinnati with a number of options for shows, shopping and restaurants all within a few miles. We enjoyed cocktails, dinner and breakfast at the Metropolis restaurant in the hotel. The food was amazing. The rooms where gorgeous, spacious and interesting. The art museum was a welcome change to my typical hotel experience. I can't wait to go back to try the spa.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Karen H,
Thank you, so very much, for taking time to share your experience at 21c. We are delighted to learn that it was wonderful for your mid week getaway. We are also glad to hear that we are a welcome change to your typical facility. We look forward to your return to Cincinnati and to 21c.
Thank you.
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at C21 twice. The staff is fantastic, and the overall experience is great. One issue that will make or break my decision to stay there next time is the type of room I am offered. Some are larger with well-appointed unique furniture, and most importantly, comfy memory foam mattresses, while the others are small and completely generic, with uncomfortable hard mattresses. I found my second room stuffy and had hard time to sleep. I would be happy to return to the larger rooms, but would otherwise choose a different high-end hotel if offered the smaller ones.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a memory foam mattress. FYI, the small rooms are on the stuffy side and are ge...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear yoh972,
It is great to have your feedback from your experiences at 21c. Thank you for taking time to write and to share. We are delighted that you found the staff fantastic and enjoyed the overall experience. We are disappointed to learn that you did not get a great nights rest in one of the rooms. We do use the same mattress and bedding setup in all of our rooms. We do look forward to your return and to placing you into a room of your liking so that you can continue to enjoy 21c. That is very important to us.
Thank you, so very much.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I spent one night at the 21c. It's in a great location - surrounded by good restaurants and arts venues. It's very hip, but comfortable. Even though it's a trendy place (at least by Cincinnati standards), the staff members were very friendly and helpful. We were upgraded in our room without a request on our part. And staff members generally aimed to please. Our room was spacious and outfitted with contemporary, yet comfortable, furniture. We overlooked Walnut - which was good in that gave us a fun view and bad in that it was noisy. It ended up being particularly noisy because of steel plates placed on the road due to construction. All night long we hard thump, thump, thump whenever a car drove over this. Obviously, this is a short term problem - but we simply did not get a good night's sleep while we were there. Provided that the noise problem is solved, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dushman,
Thank you for taking time to share you recent experience at 21c. Your feedback is valuable. We are delighted that you found the room comfortable and the team friendly and helpful. I am sorry about the noise that you heard during the night. We hope that this will not be an issue in the future as well. The progress downtown continues to move forward and with it comes some unfortunate side effects such as the noise. Once this phase of the streetcar work moves on it will take the plates with it.
We look forward to your return to 21c, and to a better nights rest.

Gerry

Been to 21c Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!