“Best Anniversary Weekend Yet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 21c Museum Hotel

You added 21c Museum Hotel to your Saves list
21c Museum Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   609 Walnut St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Complimentary Upgrade
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Dayton, Ohio
“Best Anniversary Weekend Yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We came back to 21c for our anniversary and were not disappointed. This year The Spa was open and the Metropole was able to offer room service. Unless you want to do something else around town, now there's no reason to leave the hotel. We'll be coming back each year for our anniversary!

Room Tip: No tip needed - every room is great.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear OhioPhotos,
Happy Anniversary! We are thrilled that you returned to 21c to celebrate the occasion with us. We take it as a wonderful compliment that you did not have to leave the hotel. We look forward to your next celebration with us.
Wishing you all the best.
Gerry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Hurricane, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at both the 21 c in Louisville and cincinatti on multiple occasions and the small boutique chain never has let me down. On arrival the friendliness of the staff is second to none. On my arrival this time they knew both mine and my wife's name on arrival before we even spoke. I felt like I was returning home.
We were immediately upgraded to a luxury room and showed promptly around the property. We always find something new in the art and on this occasion we found the work of Andrew Au right outside the 9th floor lobby. I even contacting the artist and hope to purchase these prints. The thought provoking art is just one of the many reasons I will always stay with 21c when I travel to cincinatti or Louisville. I look forward to enjoying the 3rd property as well in the future.
In other cities I stay at marriott properties exclusively but in cincinatti 21c is the king.

• Stayed December 2013
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear chadsmith5181974,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at 21c and felt that you were returning home. It is even better to know that we did not disappoint and that you engaged with the art and the property. We look forward to your return to 21c, be it in Cincinnati, Louisville, Bentonville or beyond.
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

this has got to be one of the friendliest and just genuinely nice people.
From the moment you pulled up to this wonderful place, you are greeted with smiles and people who look happy to be working there! As a family that lives out of hotel rooms, its great to find a hotel like this and share it! SOOOOO many more hotel staff should book a room here, and see how it should be done!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear quay5043,
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to 21c Cincinnati. To have our team described as friendly, genuine and nice is certainly a wonderful compliment. One that will be shared with our hotel family. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return to 21c, in any of our current or future locations.
minnetonka. minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

With so many glowing reviews, I expected a great experience - but we were blown away. The rooms, the service, a rooftop bar, the art on display, the location, everything was first-rate. All for a remarkably reasonable price. This is easily one of the best hotels in America, at any price. But for a stay under $250 a night? (Not hard to accomplish online.) This the best hotel experience in America, period.
Cincinnati overall is experiencing a downtown renaissance, with good restaurants and bars in easy walking distance from the hotel. A few standouts: Arnold's, Obscura, Sotto, and a short drive away, Anchor and Yard House.

Room Tip: Our room was on the tenth floor, with a view of Mt. Adams - highly recommend!
Dear zadkine,
Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at 21c Cincinnati. We are delighted that "Christmas came early". That you enjoyed the art. the rooms, our service, location and more is great to hear. We look forward to your return at any time, it does not have to be a holiday!
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We love the 21c in Louisville, and were excited to see this new one in Cincinnati. We were not disappointed. The two are favorably comparable. This one is a renovated older hotel and is in central downtown Cincinnati, on Walnut Street directly across from the Aronoff Center, with the Procter and Gamble Hall and the Jarson-Kaplan Theater. Fountain Square is a few steps away, as are many restaurants, shops, and bars, and an easy walk to the attractions along the Ohio River. The modern art on display was varied and engaging. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The baths were especially good. The rooms were quiet, but central downtown Cincinnati now boasts an active night scene, and there was some street noise (in the rooms that face the streets) until about 2 AM. Guests who are light sleepers might want to request one of the rooms that are not on the streets, which were dead quiet.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should request a room that does not face the city streets.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear GreggSt_Louis,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent experience at 21c Cincinnati. We are glad that you enjoyed the art of 21c, our service, the location here in Cincinnati, and all of the things to do nearby. We look forward to your return to 21c, be it in Cincinnati, Louisville, or Bentonville.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Amazing overall experience. Luxury at every level - Rooms, galleries, rooftop bar, restaurant, spa, and lobby. Service was impeccable from the management down to the cleaning crews. The location is right where you want to be. There is a constant stream of valuable events taking place in the building and the level of style is unlike any other hospitality experience you will find in between the coasts.

Room Tip: The suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear nickdewald,
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. We are thrilled that you found the hotel amazing on every level. We strive to provide an outstanding experience throughout.
Best,
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel is GORGEOUS! Absolutely amazing...
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! My husband & I were headed to Cincy for the weekend for a wedding and opted to forgo staying at the hotel where the wedding was and splurge. Every corner you turn there was something super cool to see! The staff at the front desk was amazing, the staff at the restaurant was amazing - everyone was super attentive and very accommodating. I did have a few issues at check out, but the GM rectified the situation immediately.

First Issue: Upon checking out, we realized that the ceramic iconic "Yellow Penguin" that we had purchased as a reminder of our stay was missing from our room. We searched EVERYWHERE...behind the curtains, in all the drawers - we even had the valet bring our car down to see if possibly we had taken it to the car when we went to the wedding the day before. It was gone :( Which really put us in a SUPER awkward position - because of ALL THINGS that could have been stolen from our room...we had to report that it was something we bought there! I even considered not even mentioning that it was gone - because it felt so weird accusing someone from their staff of stealing penguin (that let's face it...they have access to everyday & shouldn't be something they would desire to have?!) & It also just made me feel like the front desk would think I was just lying to get a souvenir. AWKWARD! But the GM didn't even question it or make us feel like he even had an inkling we were being deceitful. I just makes me a BIT nervous because we had done so much shopping that weekend - I really hope there wasn't anything else missing...that I just forgot I bought. So if you stay here - utilize the safe! (& as I am writing this - I am seeing on the right rail of the screen - the review of a guy who had a $10K watch stolen...just a bit disappointing)

Other small random incidences: Our keys never worked - almost 75% of the time, when we went to get into our room, my husband had to go back downstairs to get our keys fixed. When I checked out, I asked to have my receipt emailed to me & it was so chaotic in there, due to the browns/bengals game, with people checking in - I don't think the guy got my email address correct so I never received my receipt & when he was reading to me the charges...he mentioned a few mini bar charges...that we did not have - so I would have really liked to see that receipt to confirm - everything was correct.

I know that was long winded - but OVERALL :) The hotel was awesome, BUT - as much as I HATE to say this...I really do not trust - whoever they have cleaning the rooms / providing turn down services. Next time I stay...I will likely ask for no cleaning or turn down service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jes W,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Glad that you found the hotel to be a mind blowing experience. We aim to make every stay memorable.
I look forward to your return to Cincinnati and to 21c.
Best,
Gerry

Been to 21c Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!