“Surprising” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added 21c Museum Hotel to your Saves list
Travelocity Orbitz.com
21c Museum Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   609 Walnut St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Complimentary Upgrade
Ranked #2 of 47 hotels in Cincinnati
Caracas, Venezuela
“Surprising”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

An interesting, clean looking and very modern hotel that houses a surprising collection of contemporary art housed in an old completely restored building in the center of town.
The reception is attended by 2 very pleasant and gracious assistants. Their PCs are placed on a glass covered table that contains thousands of multicolored tiny silicon little fellows that appear to support the glass top, a beautiful work of art by itself.

The first two floors display an array of contemporary works of art, as well the elevators and each of the hotel floors.

The room assigned was of an average size, very clean and slick looking, well appointed with new good quality furniture (quite a relief from the cheap furniture encountered in many of the hotel chains), a good size working table with excellent lighting, a 42" flat screen HD TV, a king size bed with a great mattress dressed in first class linen with plenty of pillows. A well stocked mini bar, a Nespresso coffee machine with 3 different coffee capsules (already filled with water). The room was very well illuminated with well thought off light controls. The closet was of average size, equipped with an ironing table.

The bathroom walls were covered with modern white ceramic tiles with a few tastily spaced fun ceramic body parts, such as ears, noses and lips. The counter top was covered with white marble and contained a large rectangular water basin, equipped with first class fixtures. The amenities were all of excellent quality.

Throughout the hotel, the staff was polite, helpful and very attentive; the hotel receptionist even addressed me by my family name.

On one evening, the legendary B.B.King with his entourage was seen registering at the hotel lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had another concert event to attend so we decided to return to the Boutique Hotel setting. So, many choices in Cincinnati and so much variation in pricing. It is all overwhelming. We finally decided to stay at The 21c Museum and Hotel in Cincinnati. I was a bit intimidated because I had never stayed at the 21C and thought they may be too much like some over the top South Beach hotel. So, we pulled into the Valet and started our journey. The valet service was quick, friendly and informative. They took my keys, handed me a valet pass then opened the doors to 21C for us. Upon our entry I found the lobby/gallery to be open, well lit, and felt very welcomed by the front desk clerk checking us in. This hotel is a virtual feast for the eyes. Everything you pass is artwork. From the front desk to the mirrors in the elevators. And the room is chic, comfortable and lets you know you are going to have the experience of your life. The room key is wireless and does not require you to insert it in the locks. You simply wave it over the lock and your in. You also cannot use the elevator without a key, so it makes you fell very secure. As mentioned, the rooms were fabulous. Large bathrooms, with quirky design, chic sitting and sleeping areas with limited but, unique art on the walls. From the chair, bed, blanket and furniture, it's all about the art. And there is no felling of "don't touch that". Everything is accessible and there for your enjoyment. After check in we decided to go off property to Nada for dinner only due to time constraints but, they have a restaurant...Metropole..which has a very unique menu just down stairs. Upon our return at the end of the night, we ordered room service and enjoyed some Brie, Gorganzolla, hearth bread and a sweet chutney. We grabbed a couple of drinks from the well stocked mini bar fridge and prepared to go get some ice. To our surprise, the ice bucket had been filled by turndown service. Nice touch! We sadly had to check out the next day and received the same professional, friendly service as we did checking in. 21C has it going when it comes to Boutique Hotels. Definitely worth the money to be pampered.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Spent the night at the 21C to attend my son's graduation. This is our second stay at the hotel. Unlike the first stay that was flawless, this one had its issues. I reserved 3 rooms for myself and wife, my sister and daughter, and my mother in law. When we arrived, they only could only find the reservations for 2 of our rooms even though I had the confirmation emails. It took about 20 minutes for the front desk staff to find a third room. Each room was to be paid for by separate credit cards. The rooms are great with nice beds, and large, modern bathrooms.

Upon checkout, I received 3 emails with the room bills attached. When I checked my credit card on line, I noticed that there were 2 rooms charged to my accounts, not one. When I called the hotel, the accounting office told me that they had no record of one of the cards, which I clearly saw being scanned when we checked in. Make sure you request a hard copy of the bill next time and confirm that the charge cards are correct before you leave.

Other than that, this is probably the nicest boutique hotel in Cincinnati. Check out the rooftop bar if you go. The accounting and reservations brings it down a grade.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Justin H, Guest Relations Manager at 21c Museum Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience- your feedback is invaluable to improving the level of service we provide to our guests. It's quite clear that we missed the mark with handling your reservation and billing. I would like to discuss the issues with you further so we can prevent these occurrences in the future. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to continue this discussion.

Justin Ham
Rooms Director
513.578.6606
cincinnati,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Yes it's pricey but worth it! Meet your friends or treat someone special at this hip boutique hotel near Aronoff and tons of restaurants. Staff is friendly and welcoming. Rooms have great luxurious bedding, cool baths but No ice machine :(
Everything feels highest quality and sparkly clean. Very contemporary decor.
Best of all is Rooftop Terrace Bar filled with lovely sitting spots and beautiful people! Great wine glasses too.
Enjoy it all/ you'll want to return, trust me!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

There's not a lot of choices downtown to stay that I would consider over a 3 star property. You have the Cincinnatian Hotel but it's so old and tired. I find it not worth the money. 21c is a very chic and modern property that on the surface level you may believe is sterile. The menu on the attached restaurant is a bit fancy with Bison Burgers and funny named items, but the food quality and service are above par. Hotel service is great and exceeded what my expectations would be for this type of property. The room was fantastic. There's a whimsical charm to it with art integrated into your shower (you'll have to ask them) and large bathroom with walk in shower. The bathroom floors were awesome to walk on (how often do people talk about floors?). I must say the best part is the bed. I have traveled all over the world and it was one of the top beds, sheets, and pillows I ever experienced. This is the place to hang and chill. If I had one thing to change it would be the types of bulbs they use in the room lamps. They are very dim (room 715) and the AC was set only to Auto and couldn't get it to stay on. Small complaints and really are first world problems. Five Star Property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed one night as a couple in August 2013. We had a Luxury King room on the top floor. It was more like a junior suite with a large sitting room, two large sofas and dining table in a separate room with a dividing door from the bedroom. Everything was topnotch. The room was well equipped with a large flat screen in both rooms. Coffee maker, minibar, free wifi, iphone dock/speaker ( I love these, if only for charging your phone overnight). Well equipped bathroom with plenty of luxe towels, hairdryer, normal mix of shampoos/gels etc. Large shower area with a full tub also, double vanity. The bed was wonderful, fine cotton sheets, not too soft.
We visited the Terrace rooftop bar , great on a summer evening but very popular, be prepared to stand. By the way, if you are staying in the hotel ask the staff to let you off at your floor from the Terrace elevator - a normal room key will not accomplish this so you would have to go to the ground floor and into the hotel and back up the normal elevator.
We also ate in the Metropole (Separate review) which was superb.
All in all we found it to be a wonderful stay and would go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Davenport, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Enjoyed a two night stay here during a very busy weekend at the end of July, 2013. Had a suite, as that was the only thing available upon reservation. The hotel is brand spankin' new. Opened in February, 2013, I believe. As such, pretty much everything is tip-top. My suite still smelled like new carpet. No complaints here. Friendly service at all encounters - valet to front desk to mini bar attendant. Super clean, modern, perfect location with a unique concept make for a great stay. I wouldn't normally have chosen this hotel, but very glad I ended up here. I have family in Cincy, so I will return and won't hesitate to stay at the 21c.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to 21c Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!