“Modern yes, yet oh so friendly and inviting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 21c Museum Hotel

Save Saved
You added 21c Museum Hotel to your Saves list
21c Museum Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   609 Walnut St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Complimentary Upgrade
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Lancaster,PA
“Modern yes, yet oh so friendly and inviting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I’m not one to gush, but with this place I have to - it excels on so many levels. I am far from a hipster (in response to other reviews) having passed age 55. The vibe may be modern, yet this gem exudes a good old-fashioned “Welcome”. First of all the customer service is excellent, like you always wish it would be. It started with Ryan the valet, who went beyond courteous. At our request he suggested some items to try at the restaurant (more on this later) and also gave us recommendations for excellent places to dine when we asked him what else was in the neighborhood. He also gave us an overview of the not-to-miss art in the hotel, including Yinka Shonibare’s work. When’s the last time a valet discussed an artist who has exhibited in museums world-wide with you?! Perfect first encounter with 21 C.
Inside the doors the vibe is eclectic, open, and friendly. Every person greeted us with a smile and was open to interaction. It’s like visiting a museum in someone’s home – so welcoming and inviting, so much art to see - and don’t miss the groovy liquid floor!
Any foodie out there will melt at the food and drink selections at the bar. We went with the Cinci-brewed beers and were not disappointed (although there were so many other tempting and unique concoctions!) The bartender was extremely knowledgeable and helped us create a masterful pairing; it was taste bud nirvana. The charcuterie is to die for, and make sure you get the fire-roasted radish shoots if they’re in season. The blend of service and delivery was simply excellent.
All of these good vibes, and - we were not overnight guests. We just went in to check it out, and were actually welcome! No sideways glances, not a trace of the ‘are you a guest here’ that I’ve been subjected to at other places. I can’t wait to get back to the Queen City so I can stay at 21 C – wish I had known about it before I planned my trip. Go, stay, eat – you’ll LOVE it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great Hotel, excellent location and really good service. Very new and modern. The Artistic statements were interesting. The room was comfortable and the beds were very nice. The Hotel is geared to the younger hipster and smart-phone crowd... nothing wrong with that but not our cup of tea. My only complaint was the Hotel Bar. Craft Beers and Wines but if you want a basic domestic brand other than Miller Lite, you are out of luck.

St Louis, Mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I didn't know what to expect with this hotel, but it was a nice place to stay. No bathtub (who Cares) Very comfortable room. Nice, helpful staff. I would stay there again. It is decorated in modern art, which is much better than just stock paintings/photos handing in the room. lots of little extras that make it stand out from your standard hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

There is literally nothing bad to say about this hotel. It is in a great location across from the Aronoff Center, and a block from Fountain Square. 10 minute walk to ball park and Banks area. We felt very safe around the hotel, and doormen are great. They are always out front for you needs...as a matter of fact, all staff members were outstanding. Room was a little larger than the standard, I think, but the regular rooms are large, especially for an urban setting. Coffee in room and downstairs early in the morning if you need that. Bathrooms extra large, and great amenitites.
If you are looking to stay in downtown, I cannot imagine doing better than this. We have stayed in 3 other downtown hotels, but this is clearly the best, and the others were not slouches. The art in the hotel is interesting, too, and there is the restaurant on site. We did not eat there, but a FIrst Watch is right around the block which serves outstanding breakfast and lunch if you want to get off site. Hotel is right next to a neat gastropub, too. You may pay more here, but it is a great stay.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great downtown location - near restaurants, museums,etc. Nicely renovated property. But the most outstanding part is the absolutely outstanding service from everyone there. Everyone working there went above and beyond to provide a first class service experience. Will most certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Owensboro, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I got away for 3 nights to Cincy this past weekend. We stayed at the 21c for the first time. A+ experience all the way around. The valets were courteous and fast each time we used them. Check in was fast and easy. The room was fabulous! I have never slept as well in a hotel bed. The king sized bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. And then the huge flat screen LG tv was the bomb too. The shower in the bathroom was my favorite part of the room. It had a glass door with granite tiled floor and water pressure to the max. We will definitely stay here again and again.

Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived and our room was ready. The people at the front desk do checkin/concierge/etc They were all friendly and helpful. The people working at the hotel are not the traditional dress/appearance. The average age is younger...30s? But, all were friendly and did not care if we had a question. They were able to secure restaurant reservations at two great restaurants for large groups easly (on a Friday and Saturday night). John was my favorite, though they were all fabulous.

The corner suite was perfect. We were on the tenth floor. It was cool and quiet. I am not a big fan of modern decor, but this place was it for four days....and we loved it.

The bed was sooo comfortable. The room service menu was limited. But the burger was cooked just right and I loved the salad. The plate of cookies? I wanted more of them

I took my daughter to the spa for a pedicure. The place smelled just a little of oranges? It was nice. The two ladies that gave the pedicures were the best. I did not think it was ridiculously pricey, either.

The bellman and valet were there. I mean, I never waited. I called and the car was there. They asked about directions, water, etc. These people MUST LOVE their job. Everyone of them...or they can really act.

They made me feel at home, but like I was specail, too.

I WILL be back.

Room Tip: corner suite was wonderful