“Fantastic Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 21c Museum Hotel

Save Saved
You added 21c Museum Hotel to your Saves list
21c Museum Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   609 Walnut St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Complimentary Upgrade
Ranked #2 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fantastic Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I took a weekend trip to Cincinnati over Memorial Day weekend. I found a somewhat new hotel downtown and decided to give it a try. A boutique hotel that has a bit of art in every corner. Starting with check in, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The "counter" was actually a glass table with 10,000 small plastic figures holding it up. It reminded me of the genius bar at Apple with just three laptops. All staff that we encountered had a smile and were quick to help. The room was a pleasure with a comfy bed and fine linens. All of the extra touches were welcome and noticed. Comfy robes, nespresso maker, fluffy towels and bath rug, and even a rubber ducky in the shower. The tiles in the bathroom had protuding lips, eyebrows and ears. Every detail had an artistic flair. The roof top bar was also a lovely place to sit on a nice day. There is also a spa within the building that we did not have time to visit. I will on my next trip! We would return in a heartbeat.

262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Nantucket, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited the original 21c in Louisville right after it opened a few years ago. I was very impressed with the hotel, especially the attention to detail and the way they integrated art into the soul of the hotel. The rooms were comfortable and the restaurant was superb. I was a little hesitant to visit their second hotel in the chain in Cincinnati - could they improve on their concept. And the answer is.............YES!

The 21c in Cincinnati is very located in the heart of the city, walking distance to attrractions and best restaurants. It's hip and cool without being overly so - anyone feels comfortable there. the restaurant is loud but the food makes up for the volume.

Cincinnati has been lacking a truly good hotel for years - it's finally arrived!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vienna, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was the first time that I have stayed at this hotel. There was an issue with my reservation because of the way I booked it through a travel site, but the hotel was very understanding and took care of my issue. I didn't check in until later in the evening and left in the morning, so I didn't check out the whole hotel, but my room was nice and very clean and the service was really good. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. I would give this hotel 5 stars for the vibe and the chic factor. But I give it 4 since it made me feel like I wasn't a well traveled person (mind you I travel 3-4days out of the week!).

We walked in and didn't know where to check in...it was that cool. It felt like an Apple store with everyone looking at computers. The room was lovely. Nice linen etc. Decor was ultra modern and again very cool. Location was great. Walking distance to everything.
I wouldn't personally bring my 2 boys (5&3) here since it was that chic...I would be stressed the whole time that they were touching something they shouldn't. So for solo/romantic couples/business it's great and I would recommend it to those folks.

Oh and despite how busy the street was below...it was SUPER quiet!

Room Tip: We were facing the interior space (not a good view) so I am not sure if that helped with noise level...
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Love the art and contemporary feel! Great boutique hotel!
Hotel is located in the city center - very close to the stadium.
Valet parking is a bonus - located on a busy street.
Staff are very helpful and gracious!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Highland Heights, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I live in the Cincinnati area. For a date night we stayed at the 21c, went to dinner and the casino. The hotel was excellent. We had a late check-in with fast and courteous service. The room was very clean with a sofa,table, chair and ottoman, tv and king size bed. The bathroom was spacious and clean as well. Upon entering and exiting the lobby we were greeted with smiles and enthusiasm. We used the free shuttle back and forth from the casino which was very nice. We ordered room service in the morning. The room service rep who took the order said it would be about 30 mins but the food arrived in about 15! The food was hot and delicious. We didn't use the mini-bar in the room but it had a great variety of beverages to choose from. Check-out was fast and easy and the hotel staff took extra time to ensure that all of our charges were correct. A great experience and I would love to stay there again if we have another night on the town. For those not from Cincy the location is excellent. Right in the middle of downtown, across the street from Aronoff, close to the Square and really close to everything else.

The only bad part of my review is that the rooftop bar had a 20 minute wait to get into. I haven't ever waited 20 mins to get into a bar and I am not about to start now. It did just open earlier that week and it was 10PM on a Friday night, but it still would have been nice to check it out.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Such a treat to get to stay here on a recent business trip. Refreshingly young, hip and artsy --- which I am not, but I love and appreciate being around.

Walking into reception is a little like walking up to the Apple Genius Bar, only with art and top-notch service. The room (King Deluxe) was immaculately clean, well-appointed and had an awesomely comfortable bed.... I slept well two nights in a row. I'm not a fan of Nespresso for in-room coffee, but quick room service with outstanding, fresh food (and coffee!) made up for that.

Unlike most trips I also had the opportunity to visit the spa and the hotel restaurant, both of which could stand on their own vs. the best spas and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to 21c Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!