“If I could change one thing about the 21c Museum Hotel...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 21c Museum Hotel

You added 21c Museum Hotel to your Saves list
21c Museum Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   609 Walnut St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Complimentary Upgrade
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Kentucky
“If I could change one thing about the 21c Museum Hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The staff was motivated and energized. The room was cozy and stylish.

Inside---the hotel was quiet.
Outside---downtown Cincinnati on a Saturday night---not so quiet.

Food, drinks and service at Metropole were terrific. However, Metropole can get loud. Many of the tables are close together. When the dining room is full of customers on a Saturday night you almost feel the need to shout to be heard over the noise if you want to have a conversation--- so the noise escalates.

I think breakfast might be my preferred time of day to be in Metropole.

(We might have gone to Jean-Robert’s Table for dinner, but the convenience of dinner at Metropole across the street from our ‘War Horse’ play at the Aronoff couldn’t be beat.)

We asked to see one of the hotel’s suites. We were taken up to see one of the luxury suites that was unoccupied. It was lovely.

The morning of checkout, many streets in Cincinnati were closed for the Cincinnati Reds Opening Day parade. We were in town for theater, not sports, and were kind of blindsided by the street closures. Driving out of the city was difficult.

Note to hotel: When there are street closures downtown for parades and such, it would be nice to alert your guests ahead of time with a note under the door.

If I could change one thing about the 21c Museum Hotel---I would add a cinema where guests could watch movies (like you can do at the Firmdale chain of hotels in London). That would be so cool.

A pleasant stay, overall.

Variable Room Rate:
1st night $199
2nd night $279
Taxes $81.28/stay
Valet parking: $28/day

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I went to Cincinnati with my sister and mother to see Dwight Yoakam in concert and we stayed at the 21c Hotel. It is a modern hotel with beautiful artwork. The room was appointed nicely, it was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. The Valet's and Doormen were super nice and helpful. There is a restaurant called Metropole that is attached and specialty mixed drinks were awesome! I would highly recommend the 21c. It seems to be in a very central location - near lots of activities. We only stayed one night so we could not explore too much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We enjoyed a Saturday overnight - all service was stellar from valet car pick up to front desk staff, but the real star of the show is the art and architecture - provocative, whimsical, ethereal - every floor offers a surprise. Our hotel room was spectacular. I felt like I had walked into Dwell Magazine -beautiful decor, materials and amenities. Kudos to the vision of great philanthropists with the vision to save this building and architect Deborah Berke & her team. We walked to old time Cincinnati restaurant Arnolds for music with friends and peaked into the bustling Metropole restaurant, walked to Fountain Square and to the Netherland - for a magical moment of great jazz in an Art Deco paradise. We will be back again - so much to enjoy within walking distance!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at 21C last night and were very happy with our experience at this museum hotel. The staff were all very pleasant and the atmosphere was museum meets quirky... Love the yellow penguins! Would definately recommend a stay at this hotel, plus the heated tile floors in the bathroom were amazing!

• Stayed April 2013
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

this museum/hotel in cincinnati is a real find. It comes with bright, smartly-appointed rooms and certainly the friendliest and most attentive staff we have run into in years. The restaurant is the biggest surprise, however. it's right up there with some of the best we've experienced over the years and for an in-house production it is superb. The food is thoughtfully prepared, unusual in some cases and does an excellent job of covering all the basics, including vegetarian fare for those so inclined. portions are somewhat european but if you are a crass sort like myself, you just order two entrees and still come away very happy for the encounter. It's right downtown and everything cultural is close at hand. The art displays and installations we saw were astonishing and shows that american contemporary art is not all the nonsensical equivalent of schoenberg's alleged music. cincinnati is about two-and-a-half hours from where I live and i had no idea what a gem of a city it is. we will be returning, if for no other reason than to spend a weekend at this wonderful, inviting hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I travel to Cincinnati quite a bit for work, and I was unable to book my usual hotel. That turned out to be a stroke of luck! From the moment I walked into the Museum hotel I was blown away by the service and quality of the hotel. I was upgraded upon arrival since the hotel was not full, and within 20minutes of checking in, the manager called to ensure that I had everything I needed.

The modern hotel was very comfortable with lots of small touches that made my trip. Being able to walk through the gallery was great after a long day of meetings. The roomservice was not only quick, but the food was amazing! Lots of great options for those looking to have healthy options when traveling, such as a protien shake for breakfast.

Keep your eyes open for little touches like the sculptures in the showers and the penguin in the elevator. It is different than anything else I have experienced in Cincinnati.The only drawback....dont expect a view from your window!

From the top notch service, to the comfortable rooms and killer room service, the Museum hotel will now become my regular spot when heading to Cincinnati.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at 21C...it was the perfect relaxing yet fun getaway! The hotel was truly unique with a surprise around every corner...from amazing contemporary artwork to giant yellow penguins that seemed to appear out of nowhere...you'll have to experience the bathroom tiles for yourself, I don't want to spoil the surprise...the combination of chic yet fun was perfect for us. The staff was very accommodating without being pushy...excellent friendly service! We stayed in a standard room that was very nice with super comfy bedding and robes. The location is perfect for a day in the city...we walked to the new casino to check it out, back to Vine St., down to Fountain Square and then to the Banks, stopping along the way for a drink or a bite to eat...so nice to see so many new businesses and restaurants in Cincinnati! 21C is surrounded by several restaurants, but we had to check out the house restaurant, Metropole...excellent choice! Loved watching the chef cooking over the open fire...server was very friendly and knowledgeable...provided suggestions without being pushy...charceuterie, squid and striped bass were perfectly prepared...served beautifully without pretention and unique flavor combinations blended wonderfully...the after dinner cotton candy was a fun touch. We had to leave early the next morning, so we missed the chance to Sunday brunch which is offered at Metropole and several nearby restaurants...oh well, we will definitely be returning! I highly recommend 21C and Metropole...my new favorite in Cincinnati.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to 21c Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!